There are 146 users in the forums

Panthers trying to trade Steve Smith before cutting him

• Chico
  • Veteran
I'd love to see him on the team but we already have a bad a$$ receiver in Boldin who is taller, bigger, stronger (slower). Crabby, Patton & VD makes for a great receiving core. This gives us the luxury of grooming a rookie receiver. BUT...wouldn't it be cool to have Steve Smith in the slot against the Sea-chickens?
Crabtree 4 Smith and a first
Hah,Panthers won't see the playoffs doing stuff like this.
Tomorrow is exactly 1 year that we traded for Boldin maybe tomorrow we make another splash
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How about in KC opposite Bowe?

Now that's a place he'd be great. Lots of teams would love to have Steve. Among teams .500 or better? You could see any of the following go after him:

Chiefs
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Jets
Ravens
Colts
Chargers
Dolphins
Saints
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM ]
He fits the mold of this team a hard worker who loves to play the game. Hes tough physical and despite his age he can still get the job done as we all saw the 2 times we played him last year. He would be perfect as a slot receiver in this offense. I know we don't run 3 wide receiver sets but he would be a amazing player to rotate in and out to keep the receivers fresh. I would love him on this team but it's very unlikely. My guess is he ends up back with the Panthers.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Mar 10, 2014 at 6:29 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Hah,Panthers won't see the playoffs doing stuff like this.
they were a one hit wonder, i think we exposed them in the playoffs, they have no leader at quarterback in my opinion
Do not want.
Boldin and Smith two of the toughest WR in the league. FEARLESS
I just can't see Steve Smith on any other team but the Panthers. I can't see trading away Smith sitting well with the locker room and that fan base. He's an icon there.

With that being said, I loathe the Panthers, so please go ahead and trade the best and most reliable receiver you have !!
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Mar 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM ]
At his age it would really make sense to go AFC to get away from all the good D's in the NFC.and hook up with a Brady Rivers Manning Flacco or Smith . Could still have a career year IMO if in the right situation.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I just can't see Steve Smith on any other team but the Panthers. I can't see trading away Smith sitting well with the locker room and that fan base. He's an icon there.

With that being said, I loathe the Panthers, so please go ahead and trade the best and most reliable receiver you've ever had and only WR you have !!

Fixed
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
How about in KC opposite Bowe?

Now that's a place he'd be great. Lots of teams would love to have Steve. Among teams .500 or better? You could see any of the following go after him:

Chiefs
Steelers
Broncos
Patriots
Jets
Ravens
Colts
Chargers
Dolphins
Saints
Looks like he's up for a raise with all those potential bidders.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM ]
Trade the heart of your team. Panthers will be back to reality again.
this is a business ... I'm sure the Panthers don't want to lose him , but with such a high cap number, hard decisions need to be made
Share 49erswebzone