There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jarius Byrd

With the jump in salary cap we can afford Byrd. He's the guy to team up at safety with Reid. It's obvious he wants out in Buffalo. He's a west coast guy and I think he would take a little less to play for the 49ers. We'll cut Rogers,Gore's 6.4 million comes off the books after this season and we'll still have the cap room to extend CK,Aldon Smith,Miller,and franchise Crabtree.
It'd be great having him on the squad BUT IMO, it will come down to significant $$$
Yea NO chance in hell if were struggling to sign whitner, byrd is out of our league bro
Byrd is overrated imo.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Byrd is overrated imo.

one thing thats not overrated, creating turnovers. 22 picks in 5 years and 11 forced fumbles and 5 recovered fumbles. even if has holes in his game those are pretty damn good numbers.
With Brown more than likely leaving via free agency, is it safe to assume Rogers is going to be a cap casualty? I think thats why he hasn't been cut yet. If im not mistaken, if he is cut after June 1 we take a $6.6 million cap hit next year, as opposed to cutting him before June 1, having a $5.1 million cap hit this year followed by a $1.5 million cap hit next year.
I would like to see something like this, solidify our safety corps as we build the rest of the team through the draft:
5 year 50 mil (20 mil signing bonus).
Year 1 (2014): 2 Million base. 4 mil Signing Bonus
Year 2 (2015): 4 million base. 4 mil bonus
Year 3 (2016): 6 mil base 4 mil bonus
Year 4 (2017): 8 mil base. 4 mil bonus
Year 5 (2018): 10 mil base. 4 mil bonus
Can we afford 2 top dollar safety's with the cap? Reid is cheap now but in 3 years we will have to resign him and we would end up spending about 16 Million to 20 Million a year at the safety position alone.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Can we afford 2 top dollar safety's with the cap? Reid is cheap now but in 3 years we will have to resign him and we would end up spending about 16 Million to 20 Million a year at the safety position alone.

we wont be signing byrd, this thread is wishful thinking at best.
I enjoy wishful thinking though.
Byrd's considered among the elite S in the league...he'll be expensive. Love to have him, but it's very unlikely. I'll be happy if Baalke can re-sign Whitner.
we should go after this guy imo.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Byrd is overrated imo.

one thing thats not overrated, creating turnovers. 22 picks in 5 years and 11 forced fumbles and 5 recovered fumbles. even if has holes in his game those are pretty damn good numbers.
Those good numbers with Reids good numbers and improving play in his second season would be awesome but he will get offered a lot more money else where if we where to offer him something it would be less it would be up to him if he takes less to play on a contender.
Signing him would put our defense (and team) over the top, kind of like the way Bennett and Avril did for Seattle last year. Difference being that they got those two guys on cheap short term 'prove it' deals and Byrd probably won't have to settle for one of those type of contracts.
Can we trade Carlos?

Would that negate any cap penalties?