Round 4: Davis Webb QB California
Round 5: Jake Butt TE Michigan
Round 5: Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina
Round 6: Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
Round 6: Deveon Smith RB Michigan
Round 7: Xavier Woods S Louisiana Tech
Round 7: Ben Braden G Michigan
Nice. Round 1, 4 and 5 are great picks
good mock! i think we would have to throw more money at hightower though but we def have the funds

i guessing this is assuming we switch to a 4-3?
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Jan 30, 2017 at 8:46 PM ]
Not a bad mock
  • crew
  • Veteran
Nice mock, would take Solomon Thomas instead of Allen, Zay Jones in the 3rd and Kareem Hunt in the 4th. Like the pick of Davis Webb at the end of the 4th.
I like it. I don't know the market for an avg WR like Garcon, but it seems high. I wouldn't bash it if we signed him either, he's a good WR
Good mock!!
I'll be honest... not a fan of this one.

Garcon is aging and declining so the contract is too long and for too much (as much as a Pro Bowler in Hightower!?!?)

Way too much for a New England db. New England dbs are about scheme. Has one ever had success anywhere else other than an established star like Talib?

Where are you playing Allen? Is he replacing Armstead? If you say nose then that is way too high of a pick for a nose and a waste.

No thanks on Butt. No more ACL patients other than in round 7.

Webb and Switzer will probably both go higher than you have them ranked.
[ Edited by gored49 on Jan 31, 2017 at 1:31 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Love the moves especially Jimmy G. Id def. go garrett or trade back at 2. AA isnt wasted talent yet.
Hightower for $6.3 million a year

It would take twice that if not more to take him away from the Patriots. Mediocre players like Sheard get paid more than that. Nick Perry is also going to get much more than that and Hightower is far better than Perry or Sheard.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Time to amend your plan if the Browns are trading for Garoppolo.
Have people lost there minds a second round pick almost a first,for a marginal qb who played 6 quarters.
Your FA as far as contracts goes isn't realistic...you think Hightower is only getting $6.3 million a yr???

Drafting yet another DE? Hell no. We are young as hell there. Jones made some cash this past week I don't see him getting out of the top 100.
Originally posted by 49erjoe:
Have people lost there minds a second round pick almost a first,for a marginal qb who played 6 quarters.

Why is he marginal? He was a 2nd rd pick in the draft only difference is he has 3 yrs of development now
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 1, 2017 at 5:49 PM ]
I think it's time to cut bait on Dawson...love the guy, but age is starting to catch up with him. Armstrong's already signed an extension. Draughn...on the fence about him. I think they can do better in both FA and the draft.

In FA you've got 2 OLB's...no ILB's and you didn't draft one. Major need there. You didn't have a NT in FA or in the draft. I'd sign either Brandon Williams or Bennie Logan...they'll cost more than the other guys, but both are totally worth it. I'd sign Sheard and use that money you'd spend on Hightower to sign a vet RB and TE. Example: RB Dunbar & TE Jack Doyle. We have no TE's who consistently catch the ball. Doyle will fix that. Dunbar's valuable as a receiver out of the backfield, something Shanahan loves to do.

If Shanahan/Lynch stand pat at #2 (hoping they'll trade down), they should take Mike Williams. KS is used to having a dominant WR in Julio Jones & drafting Williams would give him a good start at building a topflight WR corps. We don't need another DE...we do need a beastly NT.

Your OT Jonson...don't get him at #3. Great spot to get an ILB...much bigger need. To offset the loss of Dawson, I'd draft Gonzalez, the K from AZ St. DeVeon Smith doesn't wow me at all...Shanahan will want a stout running game...guys like McNichols, Kareem Hunt, Brian Hill would seem better suited to take some heat off Hyde. McNichols & Hunt in particular are powerful runners and outstanding receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone