LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Daniel Kilgore Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Rotoworld has no idea of the extra $600K roster bonus due April 1 2015. Makes it $6.645M deal.

They aren't as quick as you AB. Either way 4 years, 6.645 mil for a starting center would be an absolute steal. Even if he ends up losing the job 1.66 isn't too bad for a backup who can play center and guard. We'd probably restructure a little bit.
Originally posted by communist:
Martin, Center from USC, also played LG for 2 years.
Would fill the need for a C-backup and could provide some backup at G as well.

Though, with Seymour, Looney and Snyder also in place, we would have too many Guards, I would say.

Yeah I still wouldn't mind a C/G or G/T combo in late round 3 or later. Martin is one guy I'm intrigued by. I guess it depends on how much faith they have in Looney and Seymour. I don't know anything about Seymour; can he make the roster? Snyder I didn't think we would cut or restructure but if they pick someone in rounds 3 or so and they are confident in Looney or Seymour we might. The G/T combo would depend on how much faith they have in Marquardt and Bykowski. It's really up in the air right now. I could see us going OL still early as a backup C/G and to possibly replace Iupati after this year if they aren't confident in Looney. I could see them going mid round as a combo backup guy. I could see them waiting until late in the draft or not at all.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Rotoworld has no idea of the extra $600K roster bonus due April 1 2015. Makes it $6.645M deal.

They aren't as quick as you AB. Either way 4 years, 6.645 mil for a starting center would be an absolute steal. Even if he ends up losing the job 1.66 isn't too bad for a backup who can play center and guard. We'd probably restructure a little bit.

Not bad at all. For gods sake Adam Snyder makes over $1M this year. This contract is a steal for us. Low Cost deal.
Originally posted by communist:
Looney isn't eligible for an extension till after 2014. I doubt he is in any shape or ready to be the new LG. I see us drafting a Guard soon. Maybe this year, but if not, then in 2015.
Martin, Center from USC, also played LG for 2 years.
Would fill the need for a C-backup and could provide some backup at G as well.

Though, with Seymour, Looney and Snyder also in place, we would have too many Guards, I would say.

I wouldn't mind Martin from USC. Either way I think Kilgore is a starter for the future. Either C or LG.
Originally posted by DeUh:
This is just in.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Sign-Daniel-Kilgore-to-Three-year-Exenstion/a550b899-b25e-47aa-86c4-96c3cfb1d2a9

Extension! . . . it's Extension! . . . for the love of GOD . . . FIX IT !!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I don't recall hearing a single decent report on Kilgore since he's been with the team, and it didn't seem like he did that well in the preseason.

Does anyone else have a better idea about the quality of Kilgore?

he's a career backup at center and guard and utility lineman. he's simply not big and powerful enough to consistently win against d-linemen. he's got just about everything else you want (love his ability to get low, and natural knee bend) but his weight room work hasn't panned out; not bull-strong. aint no way he weighs 308...unless he put down ten pounds of grub before weigh-ins, or now has a nice, 15 lb belly.
Matt Barrows: "We can take one of the 49ers' arrests off the Arrest-O-Meter, Daniel Kilgore's public intoxication charge was dropped today."
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Matt Barrows: "We can take one of the 49ers' arrests off the Arrest-O-Meter, Daniel Kilgore's public intoxication charge was dropped today."

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
That is good news! 3 more to go...LOL
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NCommand:

• thl408

Kilgore will have to step it up. Gonna need to do more than just walk around drunk to register a blip on the arrest-o-meter. What a n00b.
Originally posted by thl408:

Kilgore will have to step it up. Gonna need to do more than just walk around drunk to register a blip on the arrest-o-meter. What a n00b.

Yeah...has a ton of upside but still very raw. Stick him behind a seasoned veteran in Alex Boone and we might have something here. Too soon?
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NCommand:

"A journey of one thousand miles starts with a single step"

- Jim Harbaugh

lol
Who can give me in detail a good availuation on Kilgore
Originally posted by Constantine:
Who can give me in detail a good availuation on Kilgore

What's an availuation?
Share 49ersWebzone