There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will win Superbowl 49?

Who will win Superbowl 49?

Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
If we want to win SB 49, we are gonna have to win the NFC West first. Winning the west and sending Seattle on the road for the entirety of the postseason would be the most ideal situation for us to get back to the NFC title game and the Super Bowl. Also, recent history suggests that Seattle won't even make the playoffs, as the previous two SB winners failed to Return to the playoffs after winning the title.

The previous 2?

Wow what a sample size!
Originally posted by Brahn:
If we want to win SB 49, we are gonna have to win the NFC West first. Winning the west and sending Seattle on the road for the entirety of the postseason would be the most ideal situation for us to get back to the NFC title game and the Super Bowl. Also, recent history suggests that Seattle won't even make the playoffs, as the previous two SB winners failed to Return to the playoffs after winning the title.

The previous 2?

Wow what a sample size!

I could've said the last 3, but the Packers made the playoffs after they won SB XLV. They just got knocked out by the Giants in the divisional round. Even the Saints after SB XLIV, they got knocked out in the wild card round after winning the SB. Recent history hasn't been kind to Super Bowl winners.
[ Edited by K1ngCoopa24 on Mar 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM ]
I could've said the last 3, but the Packers made the playoffs after they won SB XLV. They just got knocked out by the Giants in the divisional round. Even the Saints after SB XLIV, they got knocked out in the wild card round after winning the SB. Recent history hasn't been kind to Super Bowl winners.

3 is still a fairly small sample size considering there have been 48 Super Bowls (6%). These posts seem almost wishful thinking then any real factual impact. If you have been paying attention the Seahawks seem to do the things that people say they can not or will not constantly. Cannot win on the road, cannot win with a short QB, pedestrian WRs, "Bad draft classes", Will not win a Super Bowl, A coaching style that cannot succeed, "Dream Team" "Offseason Winners", on and on and on. To think they will miss the playoffs because of what other teams have done following a SB win is fool hearty. Last time I checked the 2006 Seahawks were the first team in a long time to lose a SB and make the playoffs the next season, they also won the division. If anything one could say Team History proves otherwise when it comes to "Post Super Bowl" results.
Originally posted by Brahn:

3 is still a fairly small sample size considering there have been 48 Super Bowls (6%). These posts seem almost wishful thinking then any real factual impact. If you have been paying attention the Seahawks seem to do the things that people say they can not or will not constantly. Cannot win on the road, cannot win with a short QB, pedestrian WRs, "Bad draft classes", Will not win a Super Bowl, A coaching style that cannot succeed, "Dream Team" "Offseason Winners", on and on and on. To think they will miss the playoffs because of what other teams have done following a SB win is fool hearty. Last time I checked the 2006 Seahawks were the first team in a long time to lose a SB and make the playoffs the next season, they also won the division. If anything one could say Team History proves otherwise when it comes to "Post Super Bowl" results.

none of what he is saying or you are saying means anything. the simple fact is after you appear in the super bowl (doesnt matter if you win or lose) teams come after you the next year and give you their absolute best shot. a lot of teams struggle with this. will seattle? i dunno, i suspect they're still a playoff team next year. but dont kid yourself even if you win 12 games next year, a lot of them are going to be of the close variety. its going to be a season that tests everything you have. trying to re-capture the glory of 8 or 10 months earlier is not easy. having said that, as the reigning champs will fully understand you're going to take your chances with your guys, just know every year thats what the defending champs say.
We were that team last year. Off season, preseason and regular season favorites to win the super bowl don't fly under the radar. This year won't include 5 more 10am away games either like we have had the last two years. I really thought that might be the difference last year as you guys again only had two away games at 10:00am, your second year in a row for that too.

This was also said last year after we ended the season half a game behind you and the hottest team in the league going into the playoffs.

This years schedule should be much more even all things considered.