There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Originally posted by Empire49:
Uhh, no. Russell does do one thing better - he lobs rainbows and prayers, which his receivers somehow manage to catch at least once per game. Kap doesn't do that. Other than that, Russell needs as much work as Kap.

I guess he miracles the ball into his receivers hands.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Existence:
The 'Twelves' are not 'real'. It is a group of people who happen to attend games to cheer for a team of cheaters who happen to play in a stadium that was designed to be loud, and nothing more.


You aren't part of the game, you don't put on a uniform, the millionaire players on the Seahawks don't know you and don't give a damn (other than the home field advantage artificially inflating their stats) and none of the rest of the educated universe can wait until you fade back into the rain-soaked obscurity from which you crawled.

Actually, just finally drying out . . .
Seattle has had more rain the first few days of March than it normally records in the entire month ;-)

The twelves are just as real (and rabid) as any other fan base. Are they actually part of the team? No. Do the players personally know every fan? No. But, they take every opportunity to thank the fans for their support (as I assume most players of every team do, because without the fans, there would be no teams).

As for the the noise only being a HFA . . . ask Peyton about that ;-)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/watch-listen-really-caused-broncos-mistake-first-snap-151952943--nfl.html

LOL @ "The 12th Man" and now "Twelves." That has to be the corniest thing in all of sports.

I'm sure Seahawk fans will just chalk that up as a Niner fan hating on them, but, unlike most Niners fans, your team doesn't mean much to me. I dislike Cowboys and raiders fans, but you guys are still too new for me to care all that much. The "Twelves" is just corny.

lol at all of this.

"The twelves..."

BAHAHAHA
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
f**k that b***h
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
The thing you seem to be missing is the arrogance it takes to believe you're so special. Any fan base would make the same amount of noise if their stadiums amplified the noise. Good for you guys to have a stadium that increases the effect you fans have on the game, but please get over yourselves. Contrary to your beliefs, you're not special.

Nope, I'm not special.
I just enjoy rooting for my team (as I assume you enjoy rooting for yours).
As for the Hawks nickname for their fan base, there's not much I can do about it whether I like it or not, so, I just embrace it and have fun :-)

You can drop the innocent fan routine.
Originally posted by TXHawk:
I guess he miracles the ball into his receivers hands.


Pretty much -- and starting next season those little 'miracles' will start bouncing and falling the other way. Has happened like that throughout football history.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Originally posted by Existence:
The 'Twelves' are not 'real'. It is a group of people who happen to attend games to cheer for a team of cheaters who happen to play in a stadium that was designed to be loud, and nothing more.


You aren't part of the game, you don't put on a uniform, the millionaire players on the Seahawks don't know you and don't give a damn (other than the home field advantage artificially inflating their stats) and none of the rest of the educated universe can wait until you fade back into the rain-soaked obscurity from which you crawled.

This is pretty funny but you contradict yourself. If the 12th man isn't real then why would we have any home field advantage? Fact is the 12th man does have an impact on the game if we didn't then Niner fans wouldn't have wrote into a news paper complaining that their team couldn't hear so the game wasn't fair.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23721252/er-fans-write-to-newspaper-complaining-about-seahawks-loud-stadium

As for artificial or a stadium design, you've been proven wrong multiple time. The super bowl should be enough evidence but if not then go read about the king dome which was also known as one of if not the loudest home fields all the way back to the 80's.

Oh and the Aggies didn't invent anything. They stole/borrowed the 12th man saying from others who are on record as using it long before they did. Minnesota was using it (in the same format as Seattle) in 1906. The Aggies only trade marked it to cash in on Seattle's success. It was nothing more than a marketing ploy, We actually retired the 12th man jersey before the current stadium or the Aggies had trade marked the phrase They never said a peep about the phrase until Seattle was going to the super bowl in 2005 when they sued.

Consider what the saying was worth before Seattle built up it's reputation. If not for Seattle and the true 12th man the phrase would still be worth absolutely nothing and the fact is most of the people that are familiar with the phrase recognize it as the Seahawks fan base not the Aggies or any other team.

But hey if it helps you sleep at night believing the 12's are not real or have no impact on the game then great but don't read the link I provided. It won't help you.


I appreciate you having the courage to display your limitations in a public forum like this -- you are a shining star for all of those fine people in PNW who have not yet made it out of their parent's basements (or their girlfriend's parent's basements -- whatever) for as expected, somewhere between your shrill hand-wringing and juvenile need to justify your self-generated myths and fictions, you've entirely missed the point.

Yes, your stadium has real people that make noise at games, to claim otherwise would be silly -- but they are only that. People at a game cheering for a team. There is no other thing called 'the 12th man' (2.0) that exists. It is a fiction. Meaningless self-gloss. But hey, if it makes you and the other coffee drinking, rain-soaked, Microsoft-engineer-with-Asperger's popcorn throwers up there feel like you finally 'belong' to something, who are we to judge?
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.
Originally posted by Existence:
Pretty much -- and starting next season those little 'miracles' will start bouncing and falling the other way. Has happened like that throughout football history.

So NFL history is filled with examples of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks miracling the ball into receivers hands for two full seasons only to find that divine intervention begins failing after that? That's interesting. And by "interesting" I mean "idiotic."
Originally posted by 12thfan:
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.

Yup we wish we could claim stolen creativity as our own.

Did you hear about our new terrible towels? We purchased a license from the steelers to use it. Pretty cool huh? Jealous?

I also wish we could go back in time abd have only one title. Totally jelly!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 12thfan:
WOW there is a whole lotta jeslousy in this thread. Pretty hilarious really.

Yup we wish we could claim stolen creativity as our own.

Did you hear about our new terrible towels? We purchased a license from the steelers to use it. Pretty cool huh? Jealous?

I also wish we could go back in time abd have only one title. Totally jelly!

really comical. wwe've been of the same opinion on the seahawks for years, but now since they just won a title its coming from jealousy? uh ok, then why we been saying the samethings in reagrds to them for over a decade?
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM ]
Whats the negative against the 12th man?

No one has it better than you, so why the need to be such a meany?

Seattle fans create opportunities for their team by bringing extreme noise. Do the fans play in the game? No. Are the fans part of the franchise? No. Do the fans of all teams us the "we" more times then not when they mention their team and the on goings of the team? Yes. Why do fans do that? Because they do feel apart of the team since they invest time and effort.

Such as post of "Who do "WE" target if Whitner leaves in FA."

The negative seems to be because the Seahawks and the Fans have decided to embrace a tradition the "12th" man.

Are Seattle fans greater then another teams fans? Impossible to tell. Do Seattle fans impact home games more than any other teams fans? It would seem considering opposing players will mention on occasion that this stadium is louder then any they have played in while in the NFL. While maybe not game changing it does have an effect based on the amount of teams that start no huddle vs us when first on offense. (Niners included)

Basically it boils down to this.

It only matters because both teams are good.

Here is to looking forward to 2014 and the 3 great games these teams will play vs each other.
Originally posted by Brahn:
Whats the negative against the 12th man?

No one has it better than you, so why the need to be such a meany?

Seattle fans create opportunities for their team by bringing extreme noise. Do the fans play in the game? No. Are the fans part of the franchise? No. Do the fans of all teams us the "we" more times then not when they mention their team and the on goings of the team? Yes. Why do fans do that? Because they do feel apart of the team since they invest time and effort.

Such as post of "Who do "WE" target if Whitner leaves in FA."

The negative seems to be because the Seahawks and the Fans have decided to embrace a tradition the "12th" man.

Are Seattle fans greater then another teams fans? Impossible to tell. Do Seattle fans impact home games more than any other teams fans? It would seem considering opposing players will mention on occasion that this stadium is louder then any they have played in while in the NFL. While maybe not game changing it does have an effect based on the amount of teams that start no huddle vs us when first on offense. (Niners included)

Basically it boils down to this.

It only matters because both teams are good.

Here is to looking forward to 2014 and the 3 great games these teams will play vs each other.

theres nothing negative about being a passionate fan base. its just when you use someone else's nickname and pay them money to use it that is funny to us. its not an indictment of your crowd not being loud, more an indictment on having no originality.
Originally posted by crabman82:
theres nothing negative about being a passionate fan base. its just when you use someone else's nickname and pay them money to use it that is funny to us. its not an indictment of your crowd not being loud, more an indictment on having no originality.

No originality?

What do the 49ers use in the same way the Hawks use the "12th Man"?

Nothing?

So you are more original because you are like the other 30 teams?

The San Francisco 49ers have issued a memo to game-goers reminding them to cheer with step-by-step instructions, just in case any of their season ticket-holders forgot how to be football fans.(You know basically, be more like Seattle)

the 49ers did this after the Rams had their famous "Ram Rules"

I would rather have my team be unoriginal while cheering and representing a number tied to an idea given to us by the TEAM, then to be unoriginal because we do not understand how or when to cheer and have to be given instructions by the TEAM on how to be a better fan.

Guilty as charged we are.

12th Man > Haters
[ Edited by Brahn on Mar 11, 2014 at 11:03 AM ]
Hey guys, let's be respectful to the Seahawks fans. The 12th man tradition is storied and dates back many years, all the way back to when they stole the idea from Texas A&M and were successfully sued over it.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Hey guys, let's be respectful to the Seahawks fans. The 12th man tradition is storied and dates back many years, all the way back to when they stole the idea from Texas A&M and were successfully sued over it.

Did anyone inform you on when to cheer after posting this? If not please check your mail as the team will be sending out instructions later.

p.s. I liked your post though, that is the correct way to stick it to Hawks fans if there ever was a reason to.