There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lombardi figured since we've already been there and done that 5 times, he wanted to hang out with some people who are not used to winning.

Yeah - they're more fun anyway

Yup. Nothing is more fun then throwing popcorn at injured guys and copying another franchises nickname and passing it off as their own, and leading the league in cheating. Fun times.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM ]
Lombardi figured since we've already been there and done that 5 times, he wanted to hang out with some people who are not used to winning.

Yup. Nothing is more fun then throwing popcorn at injured guys and copying another franchises nickname and passing it off as their own, and leading the league in cheating. Fun times.

I guess my last post wasn't "retarded" enough (didn't that term go out with the dinosaurs?) - since you responded

Anyhoo ~
~ I condemned those who threw food at Bowman when it happened.
~ The Seahawks didn't copy another "franchise's nickname" - it was the nickname for their fan base (I guess they were just smart enough to realize it was worth paying for it to build on a a clever marketing idea).
~ Hopefully, those who need to have learned their lesson re: PED's

==============

Back to the topic . . .
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFLICYMI:
@Seahawks QB @DangeRussWilson traded in the football helmet for the baseball cap with the Texas Rangers. http://es.pn/1i7GugI ;
(feel free to give the M's a pep talk whenever the fancy strikes you, Russell )

I can only imagine the heads exploding around here if Kaepernick went down and fooled around with the Dodgers or the Diamondbacks. But, I did see that the Rangers didn't even allow him to take batting practice so I guess there is some agreement on not getting him hurt. Smart.
Tell em there's this team in our division who leads the league in cheating (penalties and P.E.D abuse) so its difficult.

They lead the league in penalties and suspensions? Doesn't sound like they are very successful cheaters does it? How did they manage to beat the 49ers?
Originally posted by Canfan:
They lead the league in penalties and suspensions? Doesn't sound like they are very successful cheaters does it? How did they manage to beat the 49ers?

Didn't you watch? They were marginally better that night. They had 6 more points. Turns out the team with more points wins the game.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
God.....I hate this f**kin midget.
Originally posted by Canfan:
Tell em there's this team in our division who leads the league in cheating (penalties and P.E.D abuse) so its difficult.

This doesn't even make sense.

I guess my last post wasn't "retarded" enough (didn't that term go out with the dinosaurs?) - since you responded

Anyhoo ~
~ I condemned those who threw food at Bowman when it happened.
~ The Seahawks didn't copy another "franchise's nickname" - it was the nickname for their fan base (I guess they were just smart enough to realize it was worth paying for it to build on a a clever marketing idea).
~ Hopefully, those who need to have learned their lesson re: PED's

==============

Back to the topic . . .
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFLICYMI:
@Seahawks QB @DangeRussWilson traded in the football helmet for the baseball cap with the Texas Rangers. http://es.pn/1i7GugI ;

Ah, another dinosaur post. 12th man was copyrighted by A&M and licensed to you guys, which is a way to make profit. They weren't smart enough to market it???

They've had 12th man Aggie merchandise for sale and have marketed it well before most Seahawk fans knew what football was. That much is clear especially by this marketing point... Ask people from Texas and those who watch college football, they laugh at the fake 12th man. It would be like paying the steelers to use the term terrible towel then passing it off as your own and proclaiming you are brilliant for marketing it...lol

It must be hard to be proud and a part of something that is phony.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM ]
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) tweeted at 0:55 PM on Mon, Mar 03, 2014:
Always great to see @pgammo at the ballpark. He just told me Russell Wilson was bragging he once stole a base off Buster Posey in college.
(https://twitter.com/CSNBaggs/status/440591216699125761)

Bro. I don't care if you can scramble around a football field, beat the Niners, win a Superbowl, and then go to the Rangers spring training, BUT KEEP BUSTER'S NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!

He finds it fascinating how the few failed substance tests in 2013 has effected your inability to hang out over the last two decades. Maybe there is a time vortex at work, we must inform the council.
Originally posted by Brahn:

He finds it fascinating how the few failed substance tests in 2013 has effected your inability to hang out over the last two decades. Maybe there is a time vortex at work, we must inform the council.

He says there have been more then a few since Chete Carrol arrived. But he gets your point.

You're alright Braun. You're alright.
Crabtree Tweet:

"Thinking about starting my own lil league this year in Texas."

hahahahaha
I heard he's going to be working as a rodeo clown while he is in TX.

So he's basically going to continue working on his primary skill set.
Ah, another dinosaur post. 12th man was copyrighted by A&M and licensed to you guys, which is a way to make profit. They weren't smart enough to market it???

They've had 12th man Aggie merchandise for sale and have marketed it well before most Seahawk fans knew what football was. That much is clear especially by this marketing point... Ask people from Texas and those who watch college football, they laugh at the fake 12th man. It would be like paying the steelers to use the term terrible towel then passing it off as your own and proclaiming you are brilliant for marketing it...lol

It must be hard to be proud and a part of something that is phony.

Nah, not hard at all, cuz the twelves are very real.
Just ask Christine Michael, Red Bryant and Michael Bennett who have experienced both the collegiate and pro versions (and seem proud of both)

Seems like the licensing agreement has been a win-win so far but, due to the Hawks recent success, the price may be going up . . . DallasNews.com
"Not only does Seattle acknowledge that Texas A&M is the owner, it gave us the ability to say within the NFL … we are the owners and we've licensed the team that right. I believe it helps us in protecting the mark."

A&M and the Seahawks talk often and are already in discussions about the future of the agreement, according to Hinckley.

The royalty is subject to renegotiation after this contractual period, "in response to economic factors such as the cost of living, changed market conditions or similar market factors," the current contract reads.

Also expected to be discussed, according to Hinckley, are issues that weren't commonplace in 2006, such as the use of Twitter and Instagram, among other updates.

:::

A&M representatives typically take at least one trip to a Seahawks game a year — and it's not to ooh and aah over star quarterback Russell Wilson."We go as kind of a mystery shopper, so to speak, and enforce it up there quite a bit," Hinckley said. "They've been a good partner."