There are 180 users in the forums

Russell Wilson to play spring ball with the Texas Rangers...

Shop 49ers game tickets
As a Rangers fan this is pretty cool, but the 49er in me has a hard time rooting for old Bilbo.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4908875/russell-wilson-to-be-in-uniform-monday
#PlunkWilson
  • sfout
  • Veteran
"In uniform" meaning he's going to walk out of the dug out for the national anthem, wave his cap and then sit his a** on the bench.
i predict a line drive to the head
lol I heard some baseball analysts talking crap about Wilson's hitting ability, and why baseball was never a real option for him.
Originally posted by sfout:
"In uniform" meaning he's going to walk out of the dug out for the national anthem, wave his cap and then sit his a** on the bench.

Prob true for the most part, but you never know. If he stays with the team and practices and develops he may play in games. I know he said he wants to own a baseball or football team when it's all said and done so I wouldn't put it past him to try and do the two sport thing for the $$$ aspect, and to help further his name brand.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I hope he decides to play baseball instead
Originally posted by Janitor:
I hope he decides to play baseball instead

Don't be scurred.
This is the summer of George, uh, I mean Russell.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i predict a line drive to the head

After considering all the alternatives and far reaching realities..I believe this to be a well said point and I concur wholeheartedly..can hardly wait.

Negrodamus, you have my gratitude!

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol I heard some baseball analysts talking crap about Wilson's hitting ability, and why baseball was never a real option for him.

Which is why he was signed as a pitcher. AL pitchers don't bat.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
you'd figure they want him batting. tiniest strike zone ever. The ball is bigger than that strike zone.
He's shorter then the bat boys.
He isnt gonna play, he will practice with them but he wont play in an actual game, just wear the jersey and sit on the bench
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Meanwhile Kaep is in Florida working on football with his teammates. #goldenstateofgrind

but his hat will be sideways or backwards, therefore Wilson is still the better person.
Share 49ersWebzone