There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Seahawks to dump Red Bryant

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Seattle's historic defense was built on a bunch of 4th and 5th rounders.. and people are talking about how we should package a ton of picks to move up

Seattle's "historic" defense was built on PED's and holding.

f**k YES! that is 100% correct!!!

f**kin niner fans...
Originally posted by tab420:
Never? He missed a total of 3 games his first three years in the league. Crabtree missed 11 this year, these things happen. Harvin had a tissue tear in his hip and looks to me and everyone who watched the Saints game and the Super Bowl to be back to 100%. I guess time will tell.

Yes, that's right, but the Niners haven't thrown a $67 million contract at Crabtree that will count as $25 million against their cap for the next couple seasons. This thread is about how the team will lose Red Bryant. The Seahawks will also have to deal with Bennett who is adamant about no hometown discounts. These are the kinds of things that teams have to deal with when they dump huge contracts on free agents. It's a model which has shown to cause long-term problems for franchises. That's why teams like the Patriots don't do it and probably has a lot to do with why the Niners have patterned themselves after that model. Not only does the money itself put a strain on the bottom line, but the idea that they shower money on a player who hasn't even been in the locker room makes it that much tougher to come at a player who has been there and expect them to be reasonable when their contract comes up for negotiation.
Originally posted by crake49:
Never? He missed a total of 3 games his first three years in the league. Crabtree missed 11 this year, these things happen. Harvin had a tissue tear in his hip and looks to me and everyone who watched the Saints game and the Super Bowl to be back to 100%. I guess time will tell.

Yes, that's right, but the Niners haven't thrown a $67 million contract at Crabtree that will count as $25 million against their cap for the next couple seasons. This thread is about how the team will lose Red Bryant. The Seahawks will also have to deal with Bennett who is adamant about no hometown discounts. These are the kinds of things that teams have to deal with when they dump huge contracts on free agents. It's a model which has shown to cause long-term problems for franchises. That's why teams like the Patriots don't do it and probably has a lot to do with why the Niners have patterned themselves after that model. Not only does the money itself put a strain on the bottom line, but the idea that they shower money on a player who hasn't even been in the locker room makes it that much tougher to come at a player who has been there and expect them to be reasonable when their contract comes up for negotiation.

Only time will tell how smart/crazy it was to pay Harvin. Until then, Niner fans will continue to point out the injuries. Oh well.

Bryant is one of my favorites and I'm sad to see him go but we're not going to be able to keep everybody. Would rather let him walk and put some of that toward resigning Bennett while retaining some of that depth on the d-line.
Originally posted by fiveoldrings:
Only time will tell how smart/crazy it was to pay Harvin. Until then, Niner fans will continue to point out the injuries. Oh well.

Bryant is one of my favorites and I'm sad to see him go but we're not going to be able to keep everybody. Would rather let him walk and put some of that toward resigning Bennett while retaining some of that depth on the d-line.

No they haven't thrown that kind of money at Craptree yet. But the fact that he held out before he had even shown his value makes one think that he will be looking for a huge payday next contract.
[ Edited by tab420 on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
No they haven't thrown that kind of money at Craptree yet. But the fact that he held out before he had even shown his value makes one think that he will be looking for a huge payday next contract.

"Craptree"??!! What? Are you a 7th grader or something? What is wrong with some Seahawk fans, anyway? Will they ever grow up? I could have sworn they'd get some brains and class once they finally won something.
"Craptree"??!! What? Are you a 7th grader or something? What is wrong with some Seahawk fans, anyway? Will they ever grow up? I could have sworn they'd get some brains and class once they finally won something.

Honestly look at my other post about him. That was a typo. But don't point fingers to quick I see a lot of that kind of stuff on here when others are talking about the Seahawks. This is your teams board so I will respect that and not make up childish names for your players , but I swear mine was a typo.
[ Edited by tab420 on Feb 26, 2014 at 2:54 PM ]
Honestly look at my other post about him. That was a typo. But don't point fingers to quick I see a lot of that kind of stuff on here when others are talking about the Seahawks. This is your teams board so I will respect that and not make up childish names for your players , but I swear mine was a typo.

Thank you. I can't speak for anyone else around here, but I never call players names. I have a lot of respect for those guys. They're all the most disciplined, hardworking incredible athletes in the world as far as I'm concerned.
Originally posted by hofer36:
dont want no gingers on the niners next year

Bruce Miller says hi.
Thank you. I can't speak for anyone else around here, but I never call players names. I have a lot of respect for those guys. They're all the most disciplined, hardworking incredible athletes in the world as far as I'm concerned.

I know. I have noticed that you speak with respect when it comes to the players, at least in all your post that I have read.
I don't like this move especially considering how much of a leader Red is, but...JS and PC helped this team become what it is today with their decision making process. I'll roll with it.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I don't like this move especially considering how much of a leader Red is, but...JS and PC helped this team become what it is today with their decision making process. I'll roll with it.

its inevitable with all teams..unfortunately.. Must move forward

LOL @ this guy backing off his childishness. The letter "p" is nowhere near "b" on a keyboard and the only way it would autocorrect to "craptree" is if you've specifically typed it in before because "Craptree" is not a word in any dictionary.

Your typo argument is a terrible one. You acted like a 12 year old, man up, accept it, move on. No need to lie.

And for the record, people get called out on here for being childish all the time - 49ers fan or not.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
LOL @ this guy backing off his childishness. The letter "p" is nowhere near "b" on a keyboard and the only way it would autocorrect to "craptree" is if you've specifically typed it in before because "Craptree" is not a word in any dictionary.

Your typo argument is a terrible one. You acted like a 12 year old, man up, accept it, move on. No need to lie.

And for the record, people get called out on here for being childish all the time - 49ers fan or not.

If I would of done it on purpose I would have admitted it. And I would have used it before when talking about him. If you don't believe me tough...Deal with it.
This is why the classy Niner fans get a bad wrap. Just cause you got sand in your Va-JJ doesn't mean you have to take it out on every Seahawk fan.
Originally posted by Empire49:

If I would of done it on purpose I would have admitted it. And I would have used it before when talking about him. If you don't believe me tough...Deal with it.
This is why the classy Niner fans get a bad wrap. Just cause you got sand in your Va-JJ doesn't mean you have to take it out on every Seahawk fan.

he makes a very valid point. typo's do happen but the 'b' and 'p' arent next to each other on the keyboard. as soon as you posted about it a typo i thought the exact samething but left it alone because i knew you wouldnt own it.
Originally posted by crabman82:
he makes a very valid point. typo's do happen but the 'b' and 'p' arent next to each other on the keyboard. as soon as you posted about it a typo i thought the exact samething but left it alone because i knew you wouldnt own it.

Then don't. If you knew anything about me you would know I have no trouble saying what I mean and standing behind it, but you don't and that's fine. If I came here to rip into Niner players or their fans don't you think I would have tried it? The only mixed words I've had on here have been in defense. Ok you figured me out! I'm here to get you to trust me and on my 115 post bam, it's on. Damn you figured me out. You guys have no right to talk about Hawk fans being a$$es when you treat people the same way or worse when they have done nothing. My typo was not one of striking the wrong key I'm dyslexic but I mostly mix up my b's and d's but I shouldn't have to tell you guys that, your a bunch of mind readers.