LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Seahawks to dump Red Bryant

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
They're gonna sign his brother, Blue Bryant

Their actually cutting him because his name made him a traitor. Golden Tate might not be resigned for the same reason...

I could see Seahawks fans getting on board with this. Considering how emotional they got over a headphones commercial, this isn't that far of a stretch.
That Seahawk front isn't going to be as deep next season. Bryant isn't the only one who won't be back.
Originally posted by ninerfan97:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Seattle's historic defense was built on a bunch of 4th and 5th rounders.. and people are talking about how we should package a ton of picks to move up

Seattle's "historic" defense was built on PED's and holding.

f**k YES! that is 100% correct!!!
The burden of winning a championship. New contracts for some and others get cut. Not a bad problem to have... Seadderall fans are on their knees begging their bathroom gloryhole gods that they don't make the same mistakes that the Ravens did... thinking that a few guys really weren't that important.
I would take him on our team but why would he come here if he wanted a chance at another championship he could have taken less money to stay with Seattle. So that gives me the impression he is going to be looking for the most money possible since he already won a SB. He has no reason to come here and take less money. I'm sure he's looking to get paid so won't worry about him as the chance we sign him is close to none.
He shared a lot of snaps with Bennett. This move is to re-sign Bennett and get him more playing time.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I would take him on our team but why would he come here if he wanted a chance at another championship he could have taken less money to stay with Seattle. So that gives me the impression he is going to be looking for the most money possible since he already won a SB. He has no reason to come here and take less money. I'm sure he's looking to get paid so won't worry about him as the chance we sign him is close to none.

it's not his choice from what it sounds like to me. Seattle is dumping him for a Full time Bennett
This reminds me a lot of the packers defense that won them the Super Bowl in 2010. They had this perfect rotation for their guys that kept them all fresh and they were very dominant. They dumped the rotation to pay the big names... and their defense fell apart because the stars broke down and couldn't stay fresh without sitting out a series or handful of plays in a series to stay rested.
Rice and Bryant could be the only cuts Seattle needs to make. Harvin will take Rice's spot and Bennett "If singed" will be an every down DE. Both positions get better while saving about 13 mil for this season but the depth does take a hit at DE.
dont want no gingers on the niners next year

Bryant to the Seattle defense is what Justin Smith is to our defense. That D takes a huge hit on first and second down without him on the field. I cant believe theyre actually thinking about letting him go.
Originally posted by tab420:
Rice and Bryant could be the only cuts Seattle needs to make. Harvin will take Rice's spot and Bennett "If singed" will be an every down DE. Both positions get better while saving about 13 mil for this season but the depth does take a hit at DE.

Actually there has already been talk of them not being able to retain a number of other players that give depth to their defensive front. And, I have to chuckle when I see this "Harvin will take Rice's spot." I agree with that. Harvin will take Rice's spot on the injured list for more than half the season. The guy has NEVER stayed healthy and probably never will stay healthy. Giving Harvin a $67 million contract was one of the most desperate moves I've EVER seen an NFL franchise make. It worked out and they got their championship, but it was mainly due to one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. Harvin had very little to do with anything. And now, they're going to have to break the bank for Bennett because after what they saw the team do for Harvin, very few key players, especially on defense are going to be amenable to "home town discounts." What do you think Sherman is going to expect next year?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Bryant to the Seattle defense is what Justin Smith is to our defense. That D takes a huge hit on first and second down without him on the field. I cant believe theyre actually thinking about letting him go.

My friend who is a Redskins fan but really knowledgeable of the NFL felt before the start of last year that Red Bryant was their best player on defense.

He might be right. He might be their Justin Smith.
What are the odds this dude gets busted for PEDs?
Originally posted by crake49:
Actually there has already been talk of them not being able to retain a number of other players that give depth to their defensive front. And, I have to chuckle when I see this "Harvin will take Rice's spot." I agree with that. Harvin will take Rice's spot on the injured list for more than half the season. The guy has NEVER stayed healthy and probably never will stay healthy. Giving Harvin a $67 million contract was one of the most desperate moves I've EVER seen an NFL franchise make. It worked out and they got their championship, but it was mainly due to one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen. Harvin had very little to do with anything. And now, they're going to have to break the bank for Bennett because after what they saw the team do for Harvin, very few key players, especially on defense are going to be amenable to "home town discounts." What do you think Sherman is going to expect next year?

Never? He missed a total of 3 games his first three years in the league. Crabtree missed 11 this year, these things happen. Harvin had a tissue tear in his hip and looks to me and everyone who watched the Saints game and the Super Bowl to be back to 100%. I guess time will tell.
Share 49ersWebzone