There are 140 users in the forums

Football to return to Olympics in 2024?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Theswede:
Just have to throw it in there: that's my city that will host the WUC,

OnT: The last few Team Americas have been college kids with the most profilic players being from programs like Purdue and Wake Forest. I really don't see any Pro players suting up for this one.

If I played for a team like the Jaguars or some random scrub franchise, I'd go just for the novelty of it. Might not get a Lombardi, but I got dem gold medals b***h.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we're gonna send a CFL team.

they're all American anyways.

except theres a roster limit on americans on each roster
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I'll play for Jamaica... I'll be like 42 but I can still run a bubble screen lol
[ Edited by SaksV on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:38 PM ]
We could probably have people from the zone suit up for the United States and win a gold medal. Your local flag football team could be world champions.
This has Rodger Goodell's grubby little finger prints all over it. SMH.
I don't see it happening. Why? Many events were removed simply because of logistics for sports that require so much space(beds and playing venue) and money for one event or gold medal.

It is also based on world wide participation. Europe has I believe 60 percent of the voting rights while the Americas, Asia, Africa, and the middle east combine to represent only 40%.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
We could probably have people from the zone suit up for the United States and win a gold medal. Your local flag football team could be world champions.

You're nuts if you think the rest of the world is that far behind in their development of the sport. Mexico has had a highly competitive league for years, as does Australia and certain Pacific Islands...and we already know the CFL isn't that much below the level of the NFL in terms of talent.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

You're nuts if you think the rest of the world is that far behind in their development of the sport. Mexico has had a highly competitive league for years, as does Australia and certain Pacific Islands...and we already know the CFL isn't that much below the level of the NFL in terms of talent.

Welp, we better send the Niners then
Maybe there's hope for T.O. after all.
7 yokozunas from japan will pancake

^ An OL and DL made of Sumo wrestlers
lol..the rest of the world doesn't care about American football..
Waste of time.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
we're gonna send a CFL team.

they're all American anyways.

except theres a roster limit on americans on each roster

damn canadians.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Maybe there's hope for T.O. after all.

how old will T.O. be in 8 years? 49? lol! That would be something to see.
Share 49ersWebzone