LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Ray Rice arrested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by midrdan:
I can't believe people are actually debating who was the aggressor. As if that matters. Ray Rice punched a woman in the face, knocking her unconscious. She could have been killed. The guy should be in jail.

If its mutual combat, where the dude is getting hit by the woman and she won't stop, I think the guy has a right to self defense.

You don't think so?

No but it depends on the size. I think if it is a huge lady that can do some serious damage, then you can fight back, but if it is a person who will not do serious damage, then the best action would be to constrain that person rather than try to injure. No different than if it were a severely undersized man.

Lose-lose if you fight back against smaller people, so you should try to hold them down until others help to break it up or the person calms down.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I can't believe people are actually debating who was the aggressor. As if that matters. Ray Rice punched a woman in the face, knocking her unconscious. She could have been killed. The guy should be in jail.

If its mutual combat, where the dude is getting hit by the woman and she won't stop, I think the guy has a right to self defense.

You don't think so?

No but it depends on the size. I think if it is a huge lady that can do some serious damage, then you can fight back, but if it is a person who will not do serious damage, then the best action would be to constrain that person rather than try to injure. No different than if it were a severely undersized man.

Lose-lose if you fight back against smaller people, so you should try to hold them down until others help to break it up or the person calms down.
Yea but do you immediately start hitting her or do you try and remove yourself first from the situation? ie run away or put something in between yourself and the female? what are we talking about here exactly? I've been taught to never lay a hand on a woman PERIOD unless shes trying to kill you, or if shes trying to use a weapon, but if there is a way to subdue her instead of whaling on her then do so.

I agree with that. Size ratio comes into play to determine if someone else is a threat or not.

You don't think so?

Self defense would require a "no alternative" scenario. The dude willingly got into an elevator with a person he was arguing with. And maybe I'm biased here but he outweighs her by 100 pounds. She didn't have a weapon. It's not mutual combat. I'd let my wife hit me a hundred times before doing what Rice did.

You don't think so?

if you're being attacked by anyone no matter their size you have a right to protect yourself, period. show restraint just because your 5'10 and your attacker is 5'5? that's ridiculous.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

You don't think so?

if you're being attacked by anyone no matter their size you have a right to protect yourself, period. show restraint just because your 5'10 and your attacker is 5'5? that's ridiculous.

You don't need to show restraint but you should try to restrain a person you can manhandle before going on the offensive. Of course, this is if they don't have a weapon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He gonna get cut, just way too much public pressure now.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

This

No way he can walk onto an nfl field now
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

You don't think so?

Yea but do you immediately start hitting her or do you try and remove yourself first from the situation? ie run away or put something in between yourself and the female? what are we talking about here exactly? I've been taught to never lay a hand on a woman PERIOD unless shes trying to kill you, or if shes trying to use a weapon, but if there is a way to subdue her instead of whaling on her then do so.

its so cute how women are like just like kids huh? silly little crazy things.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yeah the Ravens have no choice and they're just gonna eat up the 9 million or whatever he is owed next year.

why did tmz release this part of the video now? why not when the story first came out?
we are no longer under the microscope
He should be released.
Originally posted by jreff22:
we are no longer under the microscope

No, it's going to be worse.... we thought Aldon got f**ked....Ray Mac is going to be another scapegoat.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
why did tmz release this part of the video now? why not when the story first came out?

What makes you think tmz had the video before?
Share 49ersWebzone