There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Roger Goodell makes $44.2 million in last fiscal year

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
So the owners pay him or who? I don't really understand how he deserves anywhere close to that much money. What a f**ked up system. Do the other commissioners make that much as well?
The NFL scrapes money off the top of network deals, product licensing, etc before distributing money to team owners. Also being a non-profit it has to spend all it takes in, so you end up with highly inflated salaries for executives. In spite of how they project themselves the NFL gives very little to charity.
I like how the US President makes about 400,000 per year, and Roger Goodell makes 44 mil.

I mean, they both suck at their jobs, but still.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Feb 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Imagine... doesn't even include all the money he receives under the table (fixing games)
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how the US President makes about 400,000 per year, and Roger Goodell makes 44 mil.

I mean, they both suck at their jobs, but still.

the system is broken. life isn't fair.
Sounds right to me
Comments about Goodell's 44.2M salary -

If we assume he works 40 hours a week all year long, we get 124800 working minutes, which actually comes to a tick over $350 per minute -

Goodell is paid close to a million a week (true). Last I checked, there are 7 days in a week, so a million a week comes to... $140,000 per day. Or if you're only counting Monday through Friday, it's $200,000 per day.
That's quite a waste of money for a guy who wants to ruin the game. Don't hit high, don't hit low, don't hit in the middle too hard, never touch a QB, Super Bowls in the cold, Pro Bowl dog and pony show with Deion and Rice and now a 42 yard extra point......

Can they just leave the game alone? They are ruining the game one by one.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 7, 2014 at 9:48 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That's quite a waste of money for a guy who wants to ruin the game. Don't hit high, don't hit low, don't hit in the middle too hard, never touch a QB, Super Bowls in the cold, Pro Bowl dog and pony show with Deion and Rice and now a 42 yard extra point......

Can they just leave the game alone? They are ruining the game one by one.

Don't forget effectively eliminating kick off return.