There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Roger Goodell makes $44.2 million in last fiscal year

The NFL continues making money at ridiculous rates, so it stands to reason they'd spread it around.

According to Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Daily, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made $44.2 million in the 12-month span that ended March 31, 2013.

That includes $9.1 million in deferred pension and bonus earned the previous year.

This time a year ago, Goodell's compensation nearing $30 million caused much grumbling, since he hadn't made more than $11.5 million in a season before the lockout.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/roger-goodell-makes-44-2-million-in-last-year/
wtf do u even do with all that money? buy multiple jets? bathe in 100 dollar bills? i mean seriously
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
wtf do u even do with all that money? buy multiple jets? bathe in 100 dollar bills? i mean seriously

I'd like to know from personal experience.

Id buy a solid gold car lol
But the NFL can't afford a crew of full time refs?
He isn't worth $1
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I'd like to know from personal experience.

LOL This.
Wow, dude gets overpaid by the owners to be a complete tool and screw over the players, why preaching player safety, we wouldn't want people thinking he's insensitive and has no motive to do his job...
I wish I could make even 10% of that being s**tty at my job too. I kid I kid...not really...
Alot of money to run the beast professional league into the ground. Used to like him but he seems to be making more and more mistakes with his changes that are in the best interest of making money and not in the best interest of the game.

I think when you hit the money these guys make, it's not even about the money anymore, because realistically you can buy almost anything. It's just about status at that point, and your job is your life. You make a ton of money to take care of anything you want and your family and friends, but yeah you're real desires are just being the best at what you do and/or moving to the next CEO type job of fortune 500 company. Then when it's all done you try to mark your name in the history books and spend all your time and money on charitable stuff.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I wish I could make even 10% of that being s**tty at my job too. I kid I kid...not really...

Hell, 1% is still $442K per year...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Hookers and blow.

Originally posted by zaghawk:

I think when you hit the money these guys make, it's not even about the money anymore, because realistically you can buy almost anything. It's just about status at that point, and your job is your life. You make a ton of money to take care of anything you want and your family and friends, but yeah you're real desires are just being the best at what you do and/or moving to the next CEO type job of fortune 500 company. Then when it's all done you try to mark your name in the history books and spend all your time and money on charitable stuff.

humans are selfish by nature though, it will never be enough.
worth every penny