LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I like Cully but he made me so f**king mad in the Super Bowl getting burned and looking like a retard trying to spot the ball in the air.

Jumping over Jocoby Jones instead of touching him down to end the play. His head simply wasn't in that game.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 8, 2014 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If some team's willing to pay Brown $8M a year, they're crazy. I like the idea of signing Charles Tillman on say a 2-yr deal. He's finishing up what is his last big contract, so he shouldn't be expensive now. He'd be great insurance while whomever Baalke drafts gets up to speed.

It's hilarious because some people want Kap to be happy with $8M a year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's hilarious because some people want Kap to be happy with $8M a year.

Nolan Carroll of the Dolphins is an interesting name that some have brought up, he might be an option if his demands are reasonable.
Originally posted by obx49:
Yea, Sherman will definitely ask for at least what Revis is getting 16 mil/yr

Some bottom feeder will break the bank for Sherman. The team will be in constant rebuilding and Sherman will fade away.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by obx49:
Yea, Sherman will definitely ask for at least what Revis is getting 16 mil/yr

Some bottom feeder will break the bank for Sherman. The team will be in constant rebuilding and Sherman will fade away.

Yea, that POS isn't going to give a home team discount to Seattle. He'll want to break the bank and ask to be the highest paid CB ever.
With what GB gave Sam Shields, the CB market could be very interesting.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I feel like 80% of our money on defense should go to our front 7

That would be the superior strategy.

The Hawks defense is going to fall apart if or when they pay those DB's, they won't have any more money for impact in the front seven. Those DB's are Pro-Bowlers because of the pressure their front seven generates.

I really don't mind picking up dirt cheap FA dbs and drafting starters for the secondary. As long as our front 7 is stacked and has depth we're all good.
I feel like 80% of our money on defense should go to our front 7

That would be the superior strategy.

The Hawks defense is going to fall apart if or when they pay those DB's, they won't have any more money for impact in the front seven. Those DB's are Pro-Bowlers because of the pressure their front seven generates.

I really don't mind picking up dirt cheap FA dbs and drafting starters for the secondary. As long as our front 7 is stacked and has depth we're all good.

That's the way to go. Build up the front 7, and do the best you can in the secondary. You control the game by controlling the trenches. I really like how we've built the defense. It's a recipe for sustained success.
We could always let him go and pick up thurmond and browner..
Better to overpay for Brown and get a compensatory 3rd or 4th round draft pick than just loose him for nothing.

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Better to overpay for Brown and get a compensatory 3rd or 4th round draft pick than just loose him for nothing.

No way should we overpay for a cb the sake age as Rogers. Bad idea IMO let him go. Not worth the price tag he is a good cb not worth what shields and grimes got.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
With what GB gave Sam Shields, the CB market could be very interesting.

I cannot believe that contract. The FA CB market just got f* cked
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

huh?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Sam Shields, 4 years, $40 million and $12.5 guaranteed, $15 million alone next season.

Wow! Most of GB's money is tied up in Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews, and Sam Shields! Good luck signing other players.

What?
Share 49ersWebzone