There are 210 users in the forums

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd like him back but i'm sure the 49ers are going to let him test the market, maybe even Whitner. I think one of them will be back and I will be surprised if both are. Even though I think it's best if they sign them, then draft some potentials. I think T. Brown can get paid but he wants to win. They are not going to overpay for his services... otherwise.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Disp:
Re-sign Brown for 3 years $14mil. and cut Rogers. EZPZ. I don't know who would cover slot out of Culliver/Brown/Brock though since they're all outside DB's. Probably Culliver.

Agree. Rogers takes a massive pay cut or he's gone. Brown probably covers the slot. He's done it before. Culliver has been strictly on the outside since he got here.

Hoping Morris is ready to cover the slot now with his epic speed and quickness (esp. with Harvin healthy for Seattle).
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 6, 2014 at 10:55 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
He's not gonna re-sign because he's gonna ask for that 2 million that the niners jew'd him out of and the cheap ass Yorks dont wonna pay it.
He screwed himself. Read your contract.
Originally posted by Hopper:
He's not gonna re-sign because he's gonna ask for that 2 million that the niners jew'd him out of and the cheap ass Yorks dont wonna pay it.

This, the 49ers did absolutely nothing wrong. Participating in the OS program should not be a big deal when you're making 6 to 7 figures, especially when the 7th figure hinges on you participating in the program.
Sign him for a contract heavy with incentives. Make the guy perform on the field for more money.

On another note why is Carlos Rogers still around?
sign heeem nowww!
Please be affordable able, dont cripple us by asking for to much money
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/tarell-brown-says-nothing-happening-in-talks-with-49ers/ TBrown reporting nothing is happening with 49ers contract.
You see, the problem is Brown and his agent (does he even have one?) are looking for big money and there's no way Baalke will pay it. Nor should he. At best, Brown is now a nickel CB, at least in SF. It doesn't make fiscal sense to pay a nickel back big money. Plenty of other fish in the sea.
Originally posted by ltrain:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/tarell-brown-says-nothing-happening-in-talks-with-49ers/ TBrown reporting nothing is happening with 49ers contract.

lol. all this offseason has consisted of is one journalist/article contradicting the other. what a joke.

Rather have cortland on the cheap.
Hes nasty and dirty.

Just what the D lacks
Cortland Finnegan was awful last season. He'll come no cheaper than T. Brown and he's not as good. He got abused last season by bigger WR's. Same knock most of you have against Brown. Also Finnegan can't play inside for s**t. Brown can play all over the field.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

This, the 49ers did absolutely nothing wrong. Participating in the OS program should not be a big deal when you're making 6 to 7 figures, especially when the 7th figure hinges on you participating in the program.

if he showed up in shape (which he did) they should have paid the man his money. His agent made a mistake, it was very low class of the niners to screw him like that. Eddie D would have taken care of him.

if he showed up in shape (which he did) they should have paid the man his money. His agent made a mistake, it was very low class of the niners to screw him like that. Eddie D would have taken care of him.

The problem with that is the organization wants the team to be on site and work out and practice together. If they give free passes to everyone who "made a mistake" it sets a bad precedence and you'll find more guys doing the same thing.

I'm not doubting Brown was geniunly mistaken, but it sets a bad example if the niers paid brown to those who showed up and worked for their paycheck.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 6, 2014 at 4:27 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

The problem with that is the organization wants the team to be on site and work out and practice together. If they give free passes to everyone who "made a mistake" it sets a bad precedence and you'll find more guys doing the same thing.

I'm not doubting Brown was geniunly mistaken, but it sets a bad example if the niers paid brown to those who showed up and worked for their paycheck.

I respectfully disagree, they can look at each situation on it own. Brown has been a model citizen with the niners. Do you think they would have done that with Frank, Pat or any other super star players. I think it sets a bad message in the locker room that the team will screw you over if you make one honest mistake.
Share 49ersWebzone