There are 225 users in the forums

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Several teams trying to retain CBs before they hit the market. 49ers making a push to sign Tarell Brown prior to March 11
Originally posted by Jcool:

Several teams trying to retain CBs before they hit the market. 49ers making a push to sign Tarell Brown prior to March 11

Good news. Brown is a very solid player. Underrated and flying under the radar compared to the other free agent corners.
Very good news indeed. Both Brown and Whitner are somewhat undervalued here in the zone at times.
I think Brown is underrated I just think at 29 years old we can't pay him for more than 2-3 years at say 4 million a year. That being said he is worth more than that and is probably looking for 4-5 years and like 4-5 mil a year. Would really free us up in the draft if Brown was re-signed would leave us with SS (if Whitner is gone) as the main need and we very well could trade up for Pryor or Clinton-Dix. If Brown and Whitner are both re-signed we could pretty much go BPA for the first half of the draft.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think Brown is underrated I just think at 29 years old we can't pay him for more than 2-3 years at say 4 million a year. That being said he is worth more than that and is probably looking for 4-5 years and like 4-5 mil a year. Would really free us up in the draft if Brown was re-signed would leave us with SS (if Whitner is gone) as the main need and we very well could trade up for Pryor or Clinton-Dix. If Brown and Whitner are both re-signed we could pretty much go BPA for the first half of the draft.

Yeah only downside to Brown is his age. He's not old by any stretch, but a 3-year deal would be ideal and he's probably hoping for more.

I would love to get Pryor in the draft. Mayock called him a bigger, more durable Bob Sanders. My preference would still be to re-sign Whitner, so we can add to the overall depth of the team rather than replace a starting safety 2 years in a row.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Gore_21:

I'm with you. I'm not a fan of signing TBrown to a 3-4 year deal. He's already 29, which is up there for a CB. I like him and think he would make the team stronger in 14-15, but beyond that it's hard to say for a 30 year old CB. He's worth what he will get ~$4.5, but it's the multi year deal thing that I wouldn't like.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Well that's not happening. La Canfora is a joke.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Re-sign Brown for 3 years $14mil. and cut Rogers. EZPZ. I don't know who would cover slot out of Culliver/Brown/Brock though since they're all outside DB's. Probably Culliver.
Originally posted by Disp:
Re-sign Brown for 3 years $14mil. and cut Rogers. EZPZ. I don't know who would cover slot out of Culliver/Brown/Brock though since they're all outside DB's. Probably Culliver.

Agree. Rogers takes a massive pay cut or he's gone. Brown probably covers the slot. He's done it before. Culliver has been strictly on the outside since he got here.
I remember Maiocco suggesting a deal similar to Brock's a few weeks ago. Seems reasonable, but I think Brown might do a little better (money wise) elsewhere.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Tramaine%20Brock&Position=CB&Team=49ers

I'd really like the Niners to be able to keep Brown, but I just have a feeling somebody else is going to throw a bunch of money at him that the Niners are not willing to match.
He gonna bounce.
If he's gone it's just the next man up. We have Brock off a breakout season, Wright will be getting used to the system, and Culliver getting back healthy. Plus we could draft a cornerback early.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hopper:

Well that's not happening. La Canfora is a joke.

He's not gonna re-sign because he's gonna ask for that 2 million that the niners jew'd him out of and the cheap ass Yorks dont wonna pay it.
TB should stay, he knows the system well, he's solid, he's in the prime of his career. He's an original 2007 Draft Choice. I hope he can stay. It would ease a LOT of our issues. Also draft a young CB in the 2nd round or the 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone