There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Originally posted by RumorHasIt:
It looks like the Jets may end up making a strong push for Tarell Brown.

they need help , Brown is a starter from day one if he goes and plays for Big Rex
Brown looks to be good as gone.

Damn he's our best CB.
I think Brown walks....
Theres a possibility that Brown is pissed at the FO cuz an offer or attempt wasn't made to keep him.
might just take an offer he might complete ly merit justvto get out.

when Rogers hit the market 2yrs ago, the office m ade an immediate push and resigned him.wonder what the hold up is or $$$$ tgat they dont agree with

Other possibility maybe that the FO doesnt want him
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Theres a possibility that Brown is pissed at the FO cuz an offer or attempt wasn't made to keep him.
might just take an offer he might complete ly merit justvto get out.

when Rogers hit the market 2yrs ago, the office m ade an immediate push and resigned him.wonder what the hold up is or $$$$ tgat they dont agree with

Other possibility maybe that the FO doesnt want him

I doubt we haven't made an offer, we tried to extend him last off season and it didn't happen after he forfeited the $2M. We then handed him either 200 or 300K as a good faith gesture at the end of the year. All reports have said we are willing to give him a contract comparable to what we gave Brock. I'm sure he sees all the big $$ other CBs are getting and wants a deal like that. IMO he will either get it from a team that didn't land one of the top guys on the market or he will end up like Goldson did a couple years back when he thought he was going to cash in during his first go around in FA which is end up coming back either for that Brock like deal we offered him or a 1 year deal so he can hit the market again next off season.
We need to go hard after DRC or Cromartie
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Mar 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

this... either ONE will do
Brown is probably regretting declining that extension with us. This free argent market is loaded with corners. That doesn't bold well for him at all.
#STUT
#STUT
#STUT
#STUT
#STUT

ugh, sh*t gets so old
I hope we can bring him back!
Please stay Terrell. I will bake croissants for you.
id take a proven shut down corner on a 2 year deal for slightly more than TB. not sold on brown..
What proven shut down corners are available?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
What proven shut down corners are available?

None. Unless you think DRC, Cromartie, or a 33 year old Tillman are better than Brown currently is or will be. People clamoring that we should bought a "#1 corner" are fools, we bring in competition via FA and draft the player to become >INSERT Cliche about #1 player here.<

2011. See Aldon Smith, Kap(somewhat bad example), even Cully,
2012. Kind of a wash
2013. Eric Reid

2014 could end up being that exact same situation at WR and/or CB.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

The same douchebag who turned down a 6 year, $54 million offer from Denver? Yeah, good luck with that.