LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Tarell Brown, please re-sign with the 49ers.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Better to overpay for Brown and get a compensatory 3rd or 4th round draft pick than just loose him for nothing.

we never over pay for people,, we put a price tag on them and thats it. we do not play lets make a deal with a player
Had the horrible dream that Seattle scraped together enough cap space to sign Brown. We need to resign this guy. He is solid in coverage and I believe could shift to nickelCB with Brock and Culliver on the outside (I think our D relies on nickelCBs that have well rounded skill sets and high intelligence) and he's an obvious upgrade over Rodgers' coverage skills. Even more important, brown is a solid apprentice of fangio's philosophy (major fear about Seattle signing him) and I think he is a 49ers guy and don't want to spite him. Accordingly, I think Brown will be signed at the expense of Rodgers. We saved a couple Mil on browns contract last year and I hope we find a way to pay market value plus a blend of a small premium (for last years discount) and a home/rookie team discount from Brown.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Better to overpay for Brown and get a compensatory 3rd or 4th round draft pick than just loose him for nothing.

we never over pay for people,, we put a price tag on them and thats it. we do not play lets make a deal with a player

That's been the iron clad M.O. for at least three straight years . . . even when it comes to head coaches evidently.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I think what he meant was if we are going to lose Brown, he hopes someone will give him a fat contract for compensatory pick purposes.
Originally posted by GoldBlooded1985:
Had the horrible dream that Seattle scraped together enough cap space to sign Brown. We need to resign this guy. He is solid in coverage and I believe could shift to nickelCB with Brock and Culliver on the outside (I think our D relies on nickelCBs that have well rounded skill sets and high intelligence) and he's an obvious upgrade over Rodgers' coverage skills. Even more important, brown is a solid apprentice of fangio's philosophy (major fear about Seattle signing him) and I think he is a 49ers guy and don't want to spite him. Accordingly, I think Brown will be signed at the expense of Rodgers. We saved a couple Mil on browns contract last year and I hope we find a way to pay market value plus a blend of a small premium (for last years discount) and a home/rookie team discount from Brown.

Brown isn't the type of CB that Seattle plays

Terrible idea. I want no parts of overpaying a CB that will be 30 next year and likely at the tail end of his prime.
man with the pack and fins dumping that much $$$ on their CB's i don't see Brown re signing with us. I would not sign kaep yet to a big deal.
I often roll my eyes when people say: "so-n-so is the BEST at such-n-such position" on the 49ers. If those players are all mediocre, the BEST is still just mediocre!
Originally posted by rkshanny:
I often roll my eyes when people say: "so-n-so is the BEST at such-n-such position" on the 49ers. If those players are all mediocre, the BEST is still just mediocre!

Not all that many players in our team are mediocre, dude. Don't know about yours.
I don't like overpaying for anyone.

We didn't overpay A Franklyn, Soap, RJF, Goldson, M Lawson and we've gotten better.

Trent is doing just fine.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't like overpaying for anyone.

We didn't overpay A Franklyn, Soap, RJF, Goldson, M Lawson and we've gotten better.

Trent is doing just fine.

this. keep drafting smart and we stay in good shape. only resign future HOFers like willis, bowman, VD and dudes like that
We got excellent use out of Brown for many years at a good price.

Brock is next. That is they way to pay for DB's. Seattle is about to hit a wall. If they sign their DB's, they will kill their pass rush. If they let the DB's go, their pass rush isn't good enough to make up the difference.

It is much better to have money in the front seven like we do.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Mar 9, 2014 at 6:57 PM ]
tick tock, hes gone time to move on
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We got excellent use out of Brown for many years at a good price.

Brock is next. That is they way to pay for DB's. Seattle is about to hit a wall. If they sign their DB's, they will kill their pass rush. If they let the DB's go, their pass rush isn't good enough to make up the difference.

It is much better to have money in the front seven like we do.

The way they've been drafting will make up for it. They're built the same way we are.
It's been quiet on the T Brown front on day one. Good or bad?
Share 49ersWebzone