LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Michael Lombardi and Joe Banner OUT

Shop 49ers game tickets
The whole Browns organization hasn't been clicking on all cylinders for years...Lombardi and Banner are just the latest two to get the axe. I wish their successors luck, 'cause they'll need it. The decision to draft a 28 yr old QB (Weeden) wasn't a good one, and set the offense back a few seasons. They need to settle that position quickly...and keep a head coach long enough to do some good. Chudzinksi got a raw deal there...his players were behind him, now they get to start over...yet again.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think they got themselves back on track. From what I understand, Farmer is a pretty diligent guy, nose to the grindstone, hard worker, now that the circus has left town in the form of Lombardi and his midget sidekick Banner, the Browns, with 2 1st round picks, could be heading in the right direction finally.
Still ridiculous how Cleveland is working in the last 12 months.

Even I would be more successful at being a CEO there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
man what a crappy organization. sucks for their fans
Browns would be unstoppable in the Arena League
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I still feel bad for them their team moved away in the middle of the night, and then won a superbowl with a lot of the players they drafted ...those fans got screwed in a big way

Agreed.
I recall there were people in the zone that wanted Lomboredi [really a boring dude]to come to the Niners.

He'll end up on NFL.com. The gut truly sucks.
Does that mean Josh Gordon is available for cheap??? I know it's wishful thinking.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 11, 2014 at 9:30 AM ]
Somewhere Jerry Jones is squirting in his shorts as of this week he is not the dumbest owner.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Browns make the raiders look like a stable franchise.
At least they traded Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick.

Originally posted by susweel:
Browns make the raiders look like a stable franchise.

A franchise in a stable, maybe.
Originally posted by dhp318:
At least they traded Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick.

It's kind of like trading a low 1 for a late 1st, but give credit were credit is due it's Awesome for them that they were able to get what they got.
This would only be good news if Gordon where back on the market
Hire New Coach

Then let GM and CEO go

Hire New GM

New GM will look for new coach

lol f**king browns
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is...quite funny. So here's the question, do the Cleveland Browns of late top the San Francisco 49ers from 2003? The front office that fired Steve Marriucci will no clear replacement in mind. Sending the team into a tailspin where it took 8 years, 4 head coaches, and 4 general managers to recover from?

I think they got themselves back on track. From what I understand, Farmer is a pretty diligent guy, nose to the grindstone, hard worker, now that the circus has left town in the form of Lombardi and his midget sidekick Banner, the Browns, with 2 1st round picks, could be heading in the right direction finally.

I don't mean the new hire. I mean everything prior.
Share 49ersWebzone