LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Michael Lombardi and Joe Banner OUT

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Michael Lombardi is stepping down from GM and will be replaced by Ray Farmer. CEO Joe Banner also stepping down.

Best news the browns have had all season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/11/joe-banner-mike-lombardi-out-in-cleveland-ray-farmer-new-gm/
[ Edited by Janitor on Feb 11, 2014 at 7:09 AM ]
...and dude was pissy the 49ers weren't going to hire him.

Michael Lombardi is simply living off his last name.
Fun times in Cleveland again.

http://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM
Holy s**t, the Factory of Sadness has a chance to potentially become competitive?
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Wow they are more dis functional than the Raiders
This is...quite funny. So here's the question, do the Cleveland Browns of late top the San Francisco 49ers from 2003? The front office that fired Steve Marriucci will no clear replacement in mind. Sending the team into a tailspin where it took 8 years, 4 head coaches, and 4 general managers to recover from?
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:
Michael Lombardi is stepping down from GM and will be replaced by Ray Farmer. CEO Joe Banner also stepping down.

Best news the browns have had all season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/11/joe-banner-mike-lombardi-out-in-cleveland-ray-farmer-new-gm/

LaCanfora must be confused. His tears are soaking his man costume, because someone was mean to his boyfriend, but at least Lombardi will be available for more cuddling, with all of his spare time. In about a year, they'll have a column together on Bleacher Report.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This is...quite funny. So here's the question, do the Cleveland Browns of late top the San Francisco 49ers from 2003? The front office that fired Steve Marriucci will no clear replacement in mind. Sending the team into a tailspin where it took 8 years, 4 head coaches, and 4 general managers to recover from?

I think they got themselves back on track. From what I understand, Farmer is a pretty diligent guy, nose to the grindstone, hard worker, now that the circus has left town in the form of Lombardi and his midget sidekick Banner, the Browns, with 2 1st round picks, could be heading in the right direction finally.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think they got themselves back on track. From what I understand, Farmer is a pretty diligent guy, nose to the grindstone, hard worker, now that the circus has left town in the form of Lombardi and his midget sidekick Banner, the Browns, with 2 1st round picks, could be heading in the right direction finally.

I feel so bad for their fans, they have a pretty good home field advantage when they are doing well in games. Their fans get loud. Oh well don't care for the Browns.
And the owner still under FBI investigation. It's rough out Cleveland. Seemed like Lombardi and them set the team up much better with all the draft picks. Just needed to find a qb. They definitely won that Richardson trade.
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 11, 2014 at 8:52 AM ]

These guys got fired because free agents didnt want to go there?! Maybe it was something to do with the staph infections, losing and coaching and management turnover? Not to mention the thief owner. And then again they still play in Cleveland also known as the "mistake by the lake".
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
...and dude was pissy the 49ers weren't going to hire him.

Michael Lombardi is simply living off his last name.
He is of no relation to Vince, in case anyone didn't know.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Is it bad that I want the Browns to be one of the top NFL franchises?
Maybe LeBron should be the GM?
I still feel bad for them their team moved away in the middle of the night, and then won a superbowl with a lot of the players they drafted ...those fans got screwed in a big way
Share 49ersWebzone