There are 222 users in the forums

LaCanfora: Face it: Quarterbacks are underpaid thanks to stagnant salary cap

Shop 49ers game tickets
i would also like to be underpaid
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lolz, wtf
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Ndamukong Suh has a $22.4 million cap figure this year, do you think he made $22.4 million in revenue for the Lions this season? Hell no. Lebron has a cap number of $17.6 million this season for being a 2x NBA Champ, lost count on MVPs, and easily the number one basketball player in the world. Please believe he made more than $17.6 million this season for the Heat. So who's really underpaid?

You're exactly right. LeBron was Cleveland. Annual chip contenders then he left and they went to last place and jerseys didn't sell. LeBron goes to South Beach wins two chips record sellout times on tax and MIA gets a rich new $450 million local TV deal to carry games. The TV station ponyied up to broadcast LeBron not the Heat
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I think it is ridiculous to compare NFL player salaries to baseball players. Last I checked the revenues were relatively the same size and a baseball regular season has 162 games in it.
Originally posted by BobS:
I think it is ridiculous to compare NFL player salaries to baseball players. Last I checked the revenues were relatively the same size and a baseball regular season has 162 games in it.

Amen.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Amen.

Not to mention roster size. How many guys are on a MLB team? 25? How many on an NBA team? 13? Quite a bit smaller than the 53 man roster of the NFL... which means the wealth gets spread around a lot less and the Quarterback of MLB and NBA teams really does get the lion's share.
Ppl spend way too much time worrying bout other ppl's money.

No kidding.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
This guy .. what a f**king maroon.

This
Originally posted by Jakemall:

No kidding.

Yet there are a ton more players on a football teams roster as opposed to baseball so you have to pay more players with said revenue. Lots of reasons salaries are hard to compare

• kray28
  • Veteran
NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. No mystery there. The players got the shaft in the last lockout. The CBA is highly unfavorable for most players except for the few elites at the top of the food chain.

Even there, you could argue that they are underpaid compared to the amount of revenue they generate for the owners.

The owners though are making out like bandits. The profits for the NFL are obscene...and it's precisely because they have such a favorable CBA.
[ Edited by kray28 on Feb 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM ]
Can't believe Romo's one of the highest paid QBs and is consistently out of the playoffs. It's more a knock on the ineptitude of the Cowboys than it is on him.
Originally posted by kray28:
NFL players are underpaid compared to other sports. No mystery there. The players got the shaft in the last lockout. The CBA is highly unfavorable for most players except for the few elites at the top of the food chain.

Even there, you could argue that they are underpaid compared to the amount of revenue they generate for the owners.

The owners though are making out like bandits. The profits for the NFL are obscene...and it's precisely because they have such a favorable CBA.

NFL players DO have the shortest seasons by a large margin. Still, due to the health risks of playing football and the contract structuring, I'd say they have it the worst out of all the sports.
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
NFL players DO have the shortest seasons by a large margin. Still, due to the health risks of playing football and the contract structuring, I'd say they have it the worst out of all the sports.

Agree. I was for players NFL for owners NBA for this reason. I agree the cap should be raised for NFL but a QB should not suck up twenty percent of the payroll for a 53 man roster. They don't impact a championship to that degree. You just can't stick an elite QB anywhere and make playoffs every year but you can with LeBron. NFL veterans are shafted by QB salaries. Everyone is dumping vets for cheaper labor and rookie contracts because they're cap strapped by Brees contract and whatnot
Originally posted by WeDidIt:
Can't believe Romo's one of the highest paid QBs and is consistently out of the playoffs. It's more a knock on the ineptitude of the Cowboys than it is on him.

Guy has a top 5 career QBR. Franchise QB's, regardless of choke-factor, gon get paid.
Share 49ersWebzone