There are 188 users in the forums

Superbowl Vet: Seahawks Defense would have dominated any offense in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners816:
While there is little doubt Seattle has pull a little ahead of us, this whole bigger, stronger , faster nonsense is only in regards to the secondary. The gap between these teams isn't as. If as some would want to believe. He only areas that I would give Seattle a decided advantage is secondary and dl depth.

The nucleus of the niners team is still young enough to contend for years. This years draft is huge for the niners. If baalke nails it, that whole bigger, younger, faster talks swings back our way. Especially when you factor in the guys that "redshirted" this year.

Secondary, Harvin and RB are better. Havin gives them speed at WR and KR/PR that we don't have.
Guys I have it under good authority that SanDiego only posts stuff because he knows it infuriates people. Whether he believes fully what he is posting is not important. This person who provided the information has a relationship with SanDiego outside of the zone and SanDiego confided in this person. Not sure why the mods don't ban this behavior as it is basically trolling.

So when you read stuff from SanDiego from this point forward just know that it is some sick game he plays, it gives him enjoyment in his otherwise dull life I guess to get under peoples skin on a football forum.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seattle is a real buzz saw. There is massive homerism on this board because people want to believe we are the best. But we are more the Eagles. NFC Championship loser for many years. When they win multiple titles and block us many years you will realize they are the new dynasty (Seahawks). 90's Cowbows. 2000's Patriots. 2010's Seahawks. Unfortunately they are what we want to be and wish we were. They are just better, bigger, younger, faster and rougher and more physical. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they win more Championships.
Don't feed the troll.
While there is little doubt Seattle has pull a little ahead of us, this whole bigger, stronger , faster nonsense is only in regards to the secondary. The gap between these teams isn't as. If as some would want to believe. He only areas that I would give Seattle a decided advantage is secondary and dl depth.

The nucleus of the niners team is still young enough to contend for years. This years draft is huge for the niners. If baalke nails it, that whole bigger, younger, faster talks swings back our way. Especially when you factor in the guys that "redshirted" this year.

Secondary, Harvin and RB are better. Havin gives them speed at WR and KR/PR that we don't have.

Harvin isn't a given though, he is pretty fragile and I think in the end they are gonna regret the amount they gave up for him. As for RB, while lynch is a stud I still like out stable of backs. Granted we don't know exactly what were gonna get out of lattimore,but it wouldn't be unprecedented for a guy to come back from multiple knee injuries since that is exactly what gore did in college. I just think with this upcoming draft and last years redshirts we have a great opportunity to swing the scales back.

Harvin isn't a given though, he is pretty fragile and I think in the end they are gonna regret the amount they gave up for him. As for RB, while lynch is a stud I still like out stable of backs. Granted we don't know exactly what were gonna get out of lattimore,but it wouldn't be unprecedented for a guy to come back from multiple knee injuries since that is exactly what gore did in college. I just think with this upcoming draft and last years redshirts we have a great opportunity to swing the scales back.

Maybe it's possible. But our secondary is nowhere near what they have.

We don't but our offense is superior, especially if Colin can improve even a bit. They don't currently possess the offensive weapons to fully victimize our secondary. By the time they do, our secondary will most likely be retooled with younger players.
[ Edited by Forty_Niners on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:

We don't but our offense is superior, especially if Colin can improve even a bit. They don't currently possess the offensive weapons to fully victimize our secondary. By the time they do, our secondary will most likely be retooled with younger players.

On paper at least I would agree that we should be the better offense. It least it would appear that way. However when we play them it doesn't always play out that way.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM ]
On paper at least I would agree that we should be the better offense. It least it would appear that way. However when we play them it doesn't always play out that way.

Our defense out performed theirs in the NFC title game. Although Lynch finished with a solid yards/carry average, our defense was stout except for 3 total plays.

1. Deep bomb on Whitner and Reid (his fault)
2. Lynch 40 yard run (Reid fault)
3. 4th down throw (Amazing pass/reception)

Also in the early season matchup, our offense played well enough in the 1st Half.
The late 80's early 90's Cowboys would have kicked the crap out of this years Hawks team.
[ Edited by WINiner on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
The late 80'a early 90's Cowboys would have kicked the crap out of this years Hawks team.

I'm not sure if I could up with a better marriage than Richard Sherman vs Michael Irvin. Pure strength and trash talk.

Originally posted by Forty_Niners:

As the hurt for the NFC title game dims a bit, what I'm gonna remember is how kap ran wild on their defense. That right there could be an antidote to their d. Now I will admit, it's gonna be on both Romans and kaps shoulder to take that next step in the pass game. I'm still of the belief that a lot of the one read knock on kap is due to play design as opposed to kaps progression reading. That right there is all on roman. We run way to much dummy route stuff. With a qb that can run like kap with proper scheming you can make d do what you want.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
The late 80's early 90's Cowboys would have kicked the crap out of this years Hawks team.

I don't think any of the last 10 championship teams could touch any of the pre-salary cap(or early cap teams ie '94 niners, '95 boys and '96 packers) Super Bowl teams
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:41 PM ]
I don't think any of the last 10 championship teams could touch any of the pre-salary cap(or early cap teams ie '94 niners, '95 boys and '96 packers) Super Bowl teams

I'd include 97/98 Broncos. Solid defense, great running game and versatile offense. Once their special teams click, they didn't have a flaw. I hope some don't discredit them merely because we won a very emotional home game versus the 1997 Broncos at home. 1998 Denver started the season 13-0, even with Bobby Brister starting 4 of those wins.

Rams were up there but the Patriots successful strategy of hard physical hitting wearing them down, exposed them. But that raises the question: Knowing the Pre Salary Cap champions aren't (usually) as physically gifted (improvement in training, nutrition and even scouting) does this close the gap on depth difference (No Salary Cap = Dynasties). Furthermore if the matchups are called by todays rules: the early champions are at a disadvantage without the physical intimidation tactic. Even putting into considering guys like Harrison and those Steelers teams, the last Super Bowl champion IMO to rely on physical intimidation was the 2000 Ravens.
I can't believe people are taking Taskers uneducated uninformed and inaccurate comments seriously. I guess we live in celebrity times where there is no history past the last 15 minutes.

I like Seattle's D but they are not in the ballpark of the greatest d's of all time. Puh - leez.

of course, Denver made them look like they were by not adjusting their game plan. They should have seen Seattle's superiority on the line ---say -- 4,5 minutes into the game? Is that too late a guess? Am I being too conservative here?

In should have come the te's and fullbacks to help keep Avril, Bennet, Bryant, whoever off the old man. Instead they kept throwing these silly flanker screens that seattle just ate up considering they are a fast aggressive over committing unit.

Bad form. Denvers coaching really fell down. Very unlike them. They usually get it right. So now we have to read inane ramblings about how this really good defense is the best in the history of the galaxy.

Yawn.
In other words:
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Feb 5, 2014 at 3:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone