There are 199 users in the forums

Superbowl Vet: Seahawks Defense would have dominated any offense in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seattle is a real buzz saw. There is massive homerism on this board because people want to believe we are the best. But we are more the Eagles. NFC Championship loser for many years. When they win multiple titles and block us many years you will realize they are the new dynasty (Seahawks). 90's Cowbows. 2000's Patriots. 2010's Seahawks. Unfortunately they are what we want to be and wish we were. They are just better, bigger, younger, faster and rougher and more physical. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they win more Championships.

LOL were talking about our Superbowl teams vs their Superbowl team. We almost beat them this year in Seattle. Our great teams from the 80s and 90s would have kicked their ass. And don't get too far ahead of yourself there. They barely won the NFC west this year and play in the toughest division in football and you think they're about to be a dynasty? Sorry, but their offense has a LONG way to go for them to start racking up Superbowl wins. 49ers will be back on top next year.
Winning a SB changes people opinion's so rapidly. If the 2011 niners won the Sb, having allowed only 3 rush tds total, they would probably be in talks for best ever, but that season got forgotten quickly because of the drop off the next year. If Seattle hadnt made it to the SB, no one wouldve said anything like this, even though the D wouldve been just as good.
Originally posted by Forty_Niners:
Seattle is a real buzz saw. There is massive homerism on this board because people want to believe we are the best. But we are more the Eagles. NFC Championship loser for many years. When they win multiple titles and block us many years you will realize they are the new dynasty (Seahawks). 90's Cowbows. 2000's Patriots. 2010's Seahawks. Unfortunately they are what we want to be and wish we were. They are just better, bigger, younger, faster and rougher and more physical. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they win more Championships.

That could very well happen. The scenario I've been grudging in my mind is we are the 2000's Ravens and the Seahawks are the 2000's Steelers.

I think it's likely and sad too.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

LOL were talking about our Superbowl teams vs their Superbowl team. We almost beat them this year in Seattle. Our great teams from the 80s and 90s would have kicked their ass. And don't get too far ahead of yourself there. They barely won the NFC west this year and play in the toughest division in football and you think they're about to be a dynasty? Sorry, but their offense has a LONG way to go for them to start racking up Superbowl wins. 49ers will be back on top next year.

Do you get a prize for "almost beating a team?"......
Devils advocate here. The argument against our 80's 49er teams is that speed on the defensive side of the ball has improved. The 80's teams were able to victimize bulky run stopping linebackers trying to defend receivers out of the backfield like Craig.

I still think the 1994 49ers are able to score atleast 3 TDs versus this defense. Add in a few field goals and you have 30+ points.
Devils advocate here. The argument against our 80's 49er teams is that speed on the defensive side of the ball has improved. The 80's teams were able to victimize bulky run stopping linebackers trying to defend receivers out of the backfield like Craig.

I still think the 1994 49ers are able to score atleast 3 TDs versus this defense. Add in a few field goals and you have 30+ points.

I would soooo want to watch that. Deion and Sherman in the same game.

As I told Non 49er friends during the Super Bowl. The NFC has usually been: You win on the road to represent the Super Bowl. The reason the 49er are so easy to root for is we have journey men: J.Smith, Gore, Whitner, even Willis at this point. While the Seahawks are the new and untested kids. But because we have journey men, that means our time is running out. Unfortunately by the time FA hits the Seahawks depth, our journey men will be gone.

But things can also quickly change. Seahawks have absolutely no replacement for Lynch. I think without him around, we rather easily take the division back
[ Edited by Forty_Niners on Feb 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM ]

As I told Non 49er friends during the Super Bowl. The NFC has usually been: You win on the road to represent the Super Bowl. The reason the 49er are so easy to root for is we have journey men: J.Smith, Gore, Whitner, even Willis at this point. While the Seahawks are the new and untested kids. But because we have journey men, that means our time is running out. Unfortunately by the time FA hits the Seahawks depth, our journey men will be gone.

But things can also quickly change. Seahawks have absolutely no replacement for Lynch. I think without him around, we rather easily take the division back

Yeah but I don't think he is going anywhere is he?
Tasked is an idiot. First Denver was not the greatest offense the NFL has ever seen. These analysts live in the moment and put too much stock in what offenses do today given the rules.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Those types of statements are just for entertainment purposes because those teams from different eras are never going to play each other and there is no way to really know how they would have fared in those matchups. So I don't take these things very seriously.

^^Winner!

Originally posted by real9erfan:

ok

I'm glad you agree.....

Can we just ban you already. Of course you agree with the article. Wouldn't expect anything else from a muppet.

Father time is undefeated.

Against runningbacks, it's especially ruthless and notable
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Do you get a prize for "almost beating a team?"......

You're not getting my point. If this team lead by Colin Kaepernick was a foot away from beating this Seattle team, do you know what that 1989 49ers team would have done to them with Joe Montana at the helm? It wouldn't even be close.

Will be 28 years old next season. Wouldn't be so sure about a 4th straight healthy regular season. It would be wise to expect the Seahawks to add pieces on offense but that's where the Harvin trade comes in. Gave up atleast 2 young starters for his injury prone butt.

Will be 28 years old next season. Wouldn't be so sure about a 4th straight healthy regular season. It would be wise to expect the Seahawks to add pieces on offense but that's where the Harvin trade comes in. Gave up atleast 2 young starters for his injury prone butt.

Gore is 30 / 31 ish next year. He's older.
Share 49ersWebzone