LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Superbowl Vet: Seahawks Defense would have dominated any offense in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kronik:
You like to talk football with old 9er fans? Interesting that you just joined up recently. Why didn't you want to talk football with us before your seahawks won the superbowl?

You wearing a wire....

Read my post Mr Wizard. I don't think I've brought up the super bowl once. I stated I like to talk football when football is over.It helps me through the off season, I have about as many post and didn't join Seahawks.net long ago also.
[ Edited by tab420 on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i do think its pathetic that hawk fans still chatting it up here. i guess the ones who were here before the playoffs or whatever. but the newbs signing up? get outta here, you arent going to get any respect and nobody really wants to chat with you. you should be over at your board celebrating your title win. we're not going to agree with you about the greatness of your team, yeah you're good but we're right there too. we dont care about average margin of your wins at home vs ours and all that other s**t. you're here to pump your chests out whether its in a aggressive way or in a subtle way.

I think I've been here before playoffs. But anyway...

Here are my thoughts regarding this debate:

Different rules, different era of athlete, different situation (salary cap). These are unfair comparisons. People on MMA forums love to do that whole Bruce Lee vs Aldo/GSP thing too, which are also unfair for similar reasons. Heck it can be said that part of the success from teams/athletes of today, were from watching tapes/video from teams/athletes in the past.

If those Niner teams played with today's rules, and those athletes had today's type of medicine/training/equipment perhaps they would be even better than we remember. Yet if the 2013 Hawks team had no salary cap with Paul Allen's money, got to play with the rules from back then where you could just DESTROY opposing players. This Hawk defense would look even scarier. So really, I just don't think it's a fair comparison to make in general. We all love to try and do it, but there's a reason why you always have people on both sides of the fence, it's just a silly comparison to make in general.

Lol no it's not really a silly comparison because it's an obvious conclusion. 1989 was not THAT long ago. Jerry Rice played until his early 40s and was still s**tting on corners in the 2000s. The 89 49er team is arguably the greatest of all time. Seahawks aren't even in the discussion. Seahawks offense might not even score on that 49ers Defense. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, and Co put up at least three tds.
Originally posted by tab420:
You like to talk football with old 9er fans? Interesting that you just joined up recently. Why didn't you want to talk football with us before your seahawks won the superbowl?

You wearing a wire....

Read my post Mr Wizard. I don't think I've brought up the super bowl once. I stated I like to talk football when football is over.It helps me through the off season, I have about as many post and didn't join Seahawks.net long ago also.

Who you trying to fool? You and the rest of the trolling seahawk fans are here to gloat. That is why your join date is recent. If you liked talking football with rival fans, you would've been here many moons ago. Ever since we barely lost to your team at CLink, our forum has been infested with seahawk fans gloating and insulting our team in every thread possible. I go to a Vernon Davis thread and I find a seahawk troll talking shiit. I go to a draft thread. Again, another seahawk troll talking shiit. Pathetic fans. Maybe you guys have nothing to do up north? You guys act as if the universe revolves around your team.

Now that you guys finally won a fricking superbowl, many of you attempt to belittle or even attempt to re-write history. It's pretty damn pathetic and hilarious at the same time. One day in the future, when fans of another organization belittle past teams including your seahawks, you trolls will know how idiotic you guys sound right now. Think back to this post when that happens.

BTW, the infatuation with all things 49ers is creepy and flattering at the same time. Keep it up seahawk fans. I'm sure there are thousands of you reading this post right now.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM ]
Who you trying to fool? You and the rest of the trolling seahawk fans are here to gloat. That is why your join date is recent. If you liked talking football with rival fans, you would've been here many moons ago. Ever since we barely lost to your team at CLink, our forum has been infested with seahawk fans gloating and insulting our team in every thread possible. I go to a Vernon Davis thread and I find a seahawk troll talking shiit. I go to a draft thread. Again, another seahawk troll talking shiit. Pathetic fans. Maybe you guys have nothing to do up north? You guys act as if the universe revolves around your team.

Now that you guys finally won a fricking superbowl, many of you attempt to belittle or even attempt to re-write history. It's pretty damn pathetic and hilarious at the same time. One day in the future, when fans of another organization belittle past teams including your seahawks, you trolls will know how idiotic you guys sound right now. Think back to this post when that happens.

BTW, the infatuation with all things 49ers is creepy and flattering at the same time. Keep it up seahawk fans. I'm sure there are thousands of you reading this post right now.

Paranoid much? I already stated I don't really chat football until its over that's why my account is new here and at .net but for some reason you can't grasp that or just wont. Everything you accuse me of, you have brought up. I can tell you have a lot of anger in you right now and I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but there's no need to jump into a conversation I was having with someone else and start bullying people because they like a different teams or you can tell why their really here. If you have a problem with me, don't talk to me. It's really that simple.
We can talk about what would have happened, what could have happened and what should have happened, but what really happened was that the Hags won when it mattered. They got through the Niners and the Donks by comparison were just gravy to a team like that. They aren't going anywhere and neither are we.
Share 49ersWebzone