LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Superbowl Vet: Seahawks Defense would have dominated any offense in NFL history

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/05/cbs-tasker-seahawks-would-have-dominated-in-qb-in-nfl-history/

LOL is this guy on crack? Those niner teams from the 80s would have dismantled this Seahawks team. Colin Kaepernick was nearly a foot away from beating this Seahawks team in Seattle. Joe Montana is about 1000 times better than Kap. The 1989 49er team would beat any team in the history of the game. We dominated every opponent and won 55-10 against Elway in the superbowl. Sherman would have none chance of covering Rice. You got the greatest QB, WR, and Safety of all time on that team. Seahawks offense might not even score on that 89 SF defense. It would be a major ass kicking.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Feb 5, 2014 at 1:46 PM ]
Homoffense = offense on offense action
Originally posted by 9ers:
Homoffense = offense on offense action

whoops meant defense
He's correct. They got a Legion of Boom secondary that nobody can compete with.
We beat them this year at the stick with our s**tty offense, almost did it again in the playoffs, and I'm supposed to believe Montana and Young led offenses would get dominated? LOL!
Those types of statements are just for entertainment purposes because those teams from different eras are never going to play each other and there is no way to really know how they would have fared in those matchups. So I don't take these things very seriously.
NFL talk.
We beat the All-Steroid team with Kapernick and Alex Smith.

lol wtf are these people smoking.

f**k SEA.
Steve Tasker.

lulz..

I'm sure great pocket passers AND mobile SB winning QBs like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers would say something about that. The Dallas offense of the 90s (of which our current 49er offense has been compared to) would say something about that.
Seattle is a real buzz saw. There is massive homerism on this board because people want to believe we are the best. But we are more the Eagles. NFC Championship loser for many years. When they win multiple titles and block us many years you will realize they are the new dynasty (Seahawks). 90's Cowbows. 2000's Patriots. 2010's Seahawks. Unfortunately they are what we want to be and wish we were. They are just better, bigger, younger, faster and rougher and more physical. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they win more Championships.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Seattle is a real buzz saw. There is massive homerism on this board because people want to believe we are the best. But we are more the Eagles. NFC Championship loser for many years. When they win multiple titles and block us many years you will realize they are the new dynasty (Seahawks). 90's Cowbows. 2000's Patriots. 2010's Seahawks. Unfortunately they are what we want to be and wish we were. They are just better, bigger, younger, faster and rougher and more physical. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they win more Championships.

ok
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We beat the All-Steroid team with Kapernick and Alex Smith.

lol wtf are these people smoking.

f**k SEA.

Lol that's what I'm saying. All of our Superbowl teams would have beat them to a pulp. Their offense is pretty weak and their defense is overrated in my opinion. They have a very good defense, but there are definitely weaknesses. Their run D ain't all that.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

ok

I'm glad you agree.....
These are the sort of broad in the moment statements that would have been bestowed on our team if we cashed in

2011: Most well rounded defense ever?
2012: Most versatile offense ever?

That could very well happen. The scenario I've been grudging in my mind is we are the 2000's Ravens and the Seahawks are the 2000's Steelers.
Share 49ersWebzone