There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West 2014=Bow down NFL, and to the 4 teams in it... you better bring your big boy pads

Originally posted by 9er2k:
St Louis=Young team,Zac Stacy came around nicely and two first round draft picks(thanks Shanahan) and a lethal pass russ

Arizona=Great run D,talented receivers(one HOF),creative offensive minded coach, RB Andre Ellington is up and coming,only team last season to beat Seattle in Seattle and Larry Fitzgerald just redid his contract to free up cap room to get them more weapons

Seattle= Cheaters, hard to beat at home due to illegal sound enhancements, great running back thanks to an offensive line that literally gets away with holding and great defense juiced up on roids and PEDS.

SF= you already know

I think it's safe to say it's clearly going to be again the best division in football

ftp
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I think the NFC South have something to say about this esp with Lovie Smith coaching the Bucs.

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about
Bucs will be the surprise team

NFC East and North have a lot of talented rosters on offense also, but are lacking coaching/leadership (minus GB), defense (all the north and east teams).

Eagles in the East, the rest is meh to me

Packers, Bears are formidable in the North

But the south have great coaching Mike Smith, Ron Rivera, Sean Payton, and now Lovie Smith! All playoff/championship caliber.

dallas can be as good as philly, jason garrett is garbage though.

not trying to see the NFCE is better than the NFC S, just pointing out how good the NFC is in general.
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Feb 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:
its cute but nothing to really brag about. its doesnt affect the other teams/divisions that much. it actually affects us more as they get to play some softies while we're in f**king dog fights 6 times per year. its the type of s**t that makes you miss out on a bye or something.

it does help everyone be more battle tested by the time playoffs come around. that was something the '90's niners were missing because the division was filled with creampuffs back then outside of SF.

old saying, "iron sharpens iron"

i look at it like this, if you're good, you're good. in the nba the west is super competitive while the east is brutal the past number of years, hasnt stopped miami from beating these battle tested west teams. i dont think any of the teams in the 90's who didnt win is a direct result of the division that particular year. just didnt execute well enough in the playoff games we lost.

true. but the competition doesn't hurt either.
I think the NFC South have something to say about this esp with Lovie Smith coaching the Bucs.

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

NFC East and North have a lot of talented rosters on offense also, but are lacking coaching/leadership (minus GB), defense (all the north and east teams).

But the south have great coaching Mike Smith, Ron Rivera, Sean Payton, and now Lovie Smith! All playoff/championship caliber.

dallas can be as good as philly, jason garrett is garbage though.

Yup good roster mediocre coach, but I think ultimately Romo holds that team back, he's lacks that fiery leadership.

NFC East will be the worst division

The Giants are past their prime
Cowboys are gonna Cowboys
Redskins new coaching staff
Eagles pose the only threat.
I am not afraid of anyone. Period.
its cute but nothing to really brag about. its doesnt affect the other teams/divisions that much. it actually affects us more as they get to play some softies while we're in f**king dog fights 6 times per year. its the type of s**t that makes you miss out on a bye or something.

it does help everyone be more battle tested by the time playoffs come around. that was something the '90's niners were missing because the division was filled with creampuffs back then outside of SF.

old saying, "iron sharpens iron"

i look at it like this, if you're good, you're good. in the nba the west is super competitive while the east is brutal the past number of years, hasnt stopped miami from beating these battle tested west teams. i dont think any of the teams in the 90's who didnt win is a direct result of the division that particular year. just didnt execute well enough in the playoff games we lost.

true. but the competition doesn't hurt either.

it helps to have another good team in your div to keep pace with, i'm not so sure you want to be stuck in one where every team can win at least 9 games and i think the rams can if the qb stays healthy infact i think they win that seattle mnf game with him. the tough 6 games can cause you to drop 1 or 2 or them and then all of a sudden you're 2nd in the division going on the road in the wild card round against an inferior team with fewer wins that you.
Yup good roster mediocre coach, but I think ultimately Romo holds that team back, he's lacks that fiery leadership.

NFC East will be the worst division

The Giants are past their prime
Cowboys are gonna Cowboys
Redskins new coaching staff
Eagles pose the only threat.

truth.

but they would be a solid AFC division.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's put it this way, all 4 of these teams would of beat Denver

lol the Rams would not beat Denver.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

The Panthers will be 3rd or 4th this year...

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Cam Fig Newton is not that good..

I think Cam is a pretty good QB, he's young and still learning (like Kap) but he's not bad either. With that said, I do agree with you about the Panthers - I can easily see them falling back down to earth next season, especially with Falcons expected to bounce back and Bucs won't be a pushover either.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

The Panthers will be 3rd or 4th this year...

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Cam Fig Newton is not that good..

I think Cam is a pretty good QB, he's young and still learning (like Kap) but he's not bad either. With that said, I do agree with you about the Panthers - I can easily see them falling back down to earth next season, especially with Falcons expected to bounce back and Bucs won't be a pushover either.

I think the Panther's D will remain one of the top D's.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Let's put it this way, all 4 of these teams would of beat Denver

lol the Rams would not beat Denver.

if both healthy, the Rams could keep it interesting until von introduces himself to fragile sam.

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

Saints suck. f**k them.
NFC South has good teams but their best teams are not better than the 49ers or Seahawks and this puts the NFC West above the NFC South. Seattle eliminated the Saints and the 49ers eliminated the Panthers. Kind of an odd coincidence but the 49ers have eliminated the winner of the NFC South each of the last 3 years, funny that all 3 were former NFC West teams too.

I'm not really sold on the dominance of the Cardinals or Rams. Of course they are good teams but I feel like the Panthers, Saints, and Falcons are all better than them.
truth.

but they would be a solid AFC division.
they would the best AFC division, by far.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

I agree with you on the NFC South having potential to be as good as the NFC West. However, Mike / Lovie Smith were very good, but never "great"... Ron Rivera is alright and Sean Payton is the only one that's great of the bunch. NFC west coaches, now that's great