There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West 2014=Bow down NFL, and to the 4 teams in it... you better bring your big boy pads

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
St Louis=Young team,Zac Stacy came around nicely and two first round draft picks(thanks Shanahan) and a lethal pass russ

Arizona=Great run D,talented receivers(one HOF),creative offensive minded coach, RB Andre Ellington is up and coming,only team last season to beat Seattle in Seattle and Larry Fitzgerald just redid his contract to free up cap room to get them more weapons

Seattle= Defending champs, hard to beat at home, great running back and great defense

SF= you already know

I think it's safe to say it's clearly going to be again the best division in football
Let's put it this way, all 4 of these teams would of beat Denver
If Arizona had a better QB they'd compete for a deep playoff run. instead they've got Carson Potato
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If Arizona had a better QB they'd compete for a deep playoff run. instead they've got Carson Potato

he'll be sufficient if ellington improves as expected, and they build up their OL. but yeah, he's the team's bottleneck and they'll most likely be looking for a 2nd/3rd round rookie to groom also. Bruce Arians should have been the COY back in the 2012/13 season with the Colts. great pick up for them ().
its cute but nothing to really brag about. its doesnt affect the other teams/divisions that much. it actually affects us more as they get to play some softies while we're in f**king dog fights 6 times per year. its the type of s**t that makes you miss out on a bye or something.
Originally posted by crabman82:
its cute but nothing to really brag about. its doesnt affect the other teams/divisions that much. it actually affects us more as they get to play some softies while we're in f**king dog fights 6 times per year. its the type of s**t that makes you miss out on a bye or something.

it does help everyone be more battle tested by the time playoffs come around. that was something the '90's niners were missing because the division was filled with creampuffs back then outside of SF.

old saying, "iron sharpens iron"
I think the NFC South have something to say about this esp with Lovie Smith coaching the Bucs.

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about
Bucs will be the surprise team
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think the NFC South have something to say about this esp with Lovie Smith coaching the Bucs.

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

The Panthers will be 3rd or 4th this year...

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Cam Fig Newton is not that good..
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Oh I didnt mean to list them by ranking. But yea....my point was people are sleeping on this division!

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

NFC East and North have a lot of talented rosters on offense also, but are lacking coaching/leadership (minus GB), defense (all the north and east teams).
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

NFC East and North have a lot of talented rosters on offense also, but are lacking coaching/leadership (minus GB), defense (all the north and east teams).

Eagles in the East, the rest is meh to me

Packers, Bears are formidable in the North

But the south have great coaching Mike Smith, Ron Rivera, Sean Payton, and now Lovie Smith! All playoff/championship caliber.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by crabman82:

it does help everyone be more battle tested by the time playoffs come around. that was something the '90's niners were missing because the division was filled with creampuffs back then outside of SF.

old saying, "iron sharpens iron"

i look at it like this, if you're good, you're good. in the nba the west is super competitive while the east is brutal the past number of years, hasnt stopped miami from beating these battle tested west teams. i dont think any of the teams in the 90's who didnt win is a direct result of the division that particular year. just didnt execute well enough in the playoff games we lost.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Falcons will bounce back
Panthers we know about
Saints we know about

Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

The Panthers badly need a receiver. Honestly they need two. Steve Smith is great, but there is nothing close to starter-worthy behind him in my opinion.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The Panthers badly need a receiver. Honestly they need two. Steve Smith is great, but there is nothing close to starter-worthy behind him in my opinion.

You're telling meTeddy Ginny isn't the answer?
As far as the NFC West. This is another reason we BADLY need to consider our depth at positions with the division expected to get even stronger, and tougher. These physical battles are going to inevitably lead to injuries. We would be wise to add depth across the board. The only place we're really stacked right now is RB. You could argue for depth at pretty much every other position on the team.

Due to contracts and obvious needs, I'd say the top 3 right now are: WR, CB, and S.