Not a member? Register Now!

Remember OL Alan Faneca?

Probably added 10 + years to his life.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Wow he's the opposite of the Hefty Lefty Jared Lorenzen although Lorenzen has always been gigantic.

He is listed at 320, looks more like 420 to me. Saw a few videos, he still can move around in the pocket and avoid rushers even at that size.

I say we sign him! He'd be unstoppable in the pistol!

He'd be suspended for excessive PED use. Excessive use of Pancakes, Eggs, and Donuts!!!

he' still a QB?

as for Faneca, they say he lost 70 lbs in a few months, how much did he lose total? doesn't say that I see, looks like more.

Hell yeah he is! Dude is unstoppable

Ed Reid is bigger than this "dude" now
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
gay thread is gay

Thanks for the insight

lol

this
Dem knees though
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.

That's not really how it works, not in 3 months anyways.

More likely, as with a lot of these guys, they tend to down massive amounts of calories while they are playing, when they retire, they don't need to forcefeed all those calories, as they reduce their overall intake, weight starts to come flying off.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:55 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.

More likely, as with a lot of these guys, they tend to down massive amounts of calories while they are playing, when they retire, they don't need to forcefeed all those calories, as they reduce their overall intake, weight starts to come flying off.
You can go ahead and be in denial all you want I have known a few juicers, now this was 1980's brand steroids, two guys dropped 30 pounds in 3 months once they stopped juicing and they were not fat, it was all roid muscle. Go google for pictures of Barry Bonds he shrunk like a popped balloon. I can understand fat going away quickly, natural muscle does not. Faneca's weight loss was half muscle half fat look at the pictures, his biceps and forearms are way smaller, and that wasn't all fat.
If you want to believe the only guys juicing are the one's getting caught go ahead.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I don't have a lot of info on steroid use as most user's are tight lipped and don't even want to admit to using let alone share what cheating has got them over and above being clean.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You can go ahead and be in denial all you want I have known a few juicers, now this was 1980's brand steroids, two guys dropped 30 pounds in 3 months once they stopped juicing and they were not fat, it was all roid muscle. Go google for pictures of Barry Bonds he shrunk like a popped balloon. I can understand fat going away quickly, natural muscle does not. Faneca's weight loss was half muscle half fat look at the pictures, his biceps and forearms are way smaller, and that wasn't all fat.
If you want to believe the only guys juicing are the one's getting caught go ahead.

So... still not exactly an expert on the subject.

You'll forgive us for not taking your word as gospel, I hope.
The real Faneca is going to hurt that 60 year old man posing as him in those pics.