LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Remember OL Alan Faneca?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
so he decided to turn himself into an old lady.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
he must work out
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BobS:
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.

People always accuse NFL players of steroids especially when they lose weight. But it's just eating. It's calories. If you eat 7,000 calories a day and then drop down to 2,000 calories a day you will lose a lot of weight and very fast. They just eat very unnatural amounts of food and lift weights a lot so it goes on as mostly muscle.
I base my accusations on my own experiences learned from what my own body did from a little over 25 years lifting hard and what I saw around me. I had to quit lifting 14 years ago at 39 because of back surgeries from an old weight lifting accident. Only the last few years of lifting were spent in Co-ed fitness centers, the others around serious body builders and people training for sports. I have been around all types, natural athletes who were lazy, natural athletes that trained hard clean, and natural athletes that trained hard and were dirty. Been around the average Joe clean ones and dirty ones, those that worked hard and didn't. I don't have a lot of info on steroid use as most user's are tight lipped and don't even want to admit to using let alone share what cheating has got them over and above being clean.

Clean people with decent genetics can gain up to 20 pounds of muscle a year until their body maxes out, a person doing steroids can gain up to 10 pounds a month worth of muscle. If you stop working out natural made muscles will shrink but very slowly, I would run into guys who disappeared years earlier who stopped lifting for various reasons that looked slightly smaller but it was still very obvious they had lifted weights. The steroid guys I knew looked like popped balloons 3-6 months after they quit using and lifting. One guy went from looking like a Vernon Davis to a Steve Nash in a short 3 months. My arms have taken 14 years to shrink 2 1/2" and they still are significantly bigger than an average person my size. If a person quits steroids their arms will shrink 2 1/2" in a couple months. Another thing the upper trapezius muscles by the neck, no one clean no matter how big or strong everywhere else can build them where they stand out. The dead giveaway on a roid user is when those muscles are prominent. What I never figured out is why some roid users looked like they were chiseled out of stone like Vernon Davis and some others looked just big and bloated like Richie Incognito. Also a person with good genetics who works out hard (2-3 hours lifting 6 days a week) and smart will barely be able to keep up with the strengths and gains of a juicer who lifts 15-30 minutes 2-3 days a week.

I understand if a person was maintaining their weight on 7,000 calories and cut to 2,000 they would lose weight fast almost 1 1/2 pounds a day. Problem is the reason they need 7,000 calories a day goes away fast. The larger you are the more you burn, but their weight is reducing fast. Also I doubt they are putting them self through NFL level practices to the point of exhaustion, so they aren't burning as many calories. Also with out the steroids and other illegal junk the body does not recuperate near as fast, they would quickly break down and get injured if they trained as hard clean as they did dirty. Also body fat is lost at an extreme rate compared to natural made muscle (That fat on some lineman has a lot of muscle underneath it) when a person who is fat diets. These ex-players are losing the muscle as fast as the fat and that can only be because it was steroid gained muscle. Look at Barry Bonds, he wasn't fat, yet he is skinny now like when he played for the Pirates, he shrunk quick because he did not muscle up naturally.
[ Edited by BobS on Feb 5, 2014 at 10:10 AM ]
Wow he's the opposite of the Hefty Lefty Jared Lorenzen although Lorenzen has always been gigantic.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Wow he's the opposite of the Hefty Lefty Jared Lorenzen although Lorenzen has always been gigantic.

He is listed at 320, looks more like 420 to me. Saw a few videos, he still can move around in the pocket and avoid rushers even at that size.
john moffit, the former seahawk and bronco offensive lineman retired after only 3 nfl seasons in part because he said he did not like having to be around 300 lbs and wanted to be in the 240 range i think
He looks like Dexter now lol

He is listed at 320, looks more like 420 to me. Saw a few videos, he still can move around in the pocket and avoid rushers even at that size.

I say we sign him! He'd be unstoppable in the pistol!
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
gay thread is gay

Thanks for the insight
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
gay thread is gay

Thanks for the insight

lol

• Jiks
Yeah, never really was a Faneca.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

He'd be suspended for excessive PED use. Excessive use of Pancakes, Eggs, and Donuts!!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.

People always accuse NFL players of steroids especially when they lose weight. But it's just eating. It's calories. If you eat 7,000 calories a day and then drop down to 2,000 calories a day you will lose a lot of weight and very fast. They just eat very unnatural amounts of food and lift weights a lot so it goes on as mostly muscle.
I base my accusations on my own experiences learned from what my own body did from a little over 25 years lifting hard and what I saw around me. I had to quit lifting 14 years ago at 39 because of back surgeries from an old weight lifting accident. Only the last few years of lifting were spent in Co-ed fitness centers, the others around serious body builders and people training for sports. I have been around all types, natural athletes who were lazy, natural athletes that trained hard clean, and natural athletes that trained hard and were dirty. Been around the average Joe clean ones and dirty ones, those that worked hard and didn't. I don't have a lot of info on steroid use as most user's are tight lipped and don't even want to admit to using let alone share what cheating has got them over and above being clean.

Clean people with decent genetics can gain up to 20 pounds of muscle a year until their body maxes out, a person doing steroids can gain up to 10 pounds a month worth of muscle. If you stop working out natural made muscles will shrink but very slowly, I would run into guys who disappeared years earlier who stopped lifting for various reasons that looked slightly smaller but it was still very obvious they had lifted weights. The steroid guys I knew looked like popped balloons 3-6 months after they quit using and lifting. One guy went from looking like a Vernon Davis to a Steve Nash in a short 3 months. My arms have taken 14 years to shrink 2 1/2" and they still are significantly bigger than an average person my size. If a person quits steroids their arms will shrink 2 1/2" in a couple months. Another thing the upper trapezius muscles by the neck, no one clean no matter how big or strong everywhere else can build them where they stand out. The dead giveaway on a roid user is when those muscles are prominent. What I never figured out is why some roid users looked like they were chiseled out of stone like Vernon Davis and some others looked just big and bloated like Richie Incognito. Also a person with good genetics who works out hard (2-3 hours lifting 6 days a week) and smart will barely be able to keep up with the strengths and gains of a juicer who lifts 15-30 minutes 2-3 days a week.

I understand if a person was maintaining their weight on 7,000 calories and cut to 2,000 they would lose weight fast almost 1 1/2 pounds a day. Problem is the reason they need 7,000 calories a day goes away fast. The larger you are the more you burn, but their weight is reducing fast. Also I doubt they are putting them self through NFL level practices to the point of exhaustion, so they aren't burning as many calories. Also with out the steroids and other illegal junk the body does not recuperate near as fast, they would quickly break down and get injured if they trained as hard clean as they did dirty. Also body fat is lost at an extreme rate compared to natural made muscle (That fat on some lineman has a lot of muscle underneath it) when a person who is fat diets. These ex-players are losing the muscle as fast as the fat and that can only be because it was steroid gained muscle. Look at Barry Bonds, he wasn't fat, yet he is skinny now like when he played for the Pirates, he shrunk quick because he did not muscle up naturally.

The bold sentence tells me everything I need to know.

Originally posted by Geeked:

He'd be suspended for excessive PED use. Excessive use of Pancakes, Eggs, and Donuts!!!

he' still a QB?

as for Faneca, they say he lost 70 lbs in a few months, how much did he lose total? doesn't say that I see, looks like more.
Probably added 10 + years to his life.
Share 49ersWebzone