LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Remember OL Alan Faneca?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
dude lost major Lb's and runs marathon's
And I'm sitting at my computer on the webzone eating KFC

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-300-pound-nfl-lineman-alan-faneca-much-193756323--nfl.html
[ Edited by 9er2k on Feb 4, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
dude lost major Lb's and runs marathon's
And I'm sitting at my computer on the webzone eating KFC

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/former-300-pound-nfl-lineman-alan-faneca-much-193756323--nfl.html

Smart man. He was obviously one of the OLs that was just fat to be fat and not naturally that size. That is pretty crazy to have him finish in under 4 hours but he was in the NFL so he has the dedication to prepare for it.
Sign him
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sign him

deep threat
NFL linemen massively overeat to maintain their unnatural size and frame. When they quit playing many lose a lot of weight. Those that care about their health should try to lose at least some.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.
Wow and I wads impressed by Schlereth's and Golic's weight loss.
My medical assessment is AIDs, not training for a marathon.
No longer roided up,Aids or treatin his nose.
Smart move, pretty easy to end up like Reggie White if you don't drop that extra weight after no longer staying in football shape.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
wow, that's shocking. i always thought faneca was one of those naturally big dudes.
Originally posted by BobS:
Said he lost 70 pounds in the first 3 months after retiring. Wonder how much of that was muscles built with steroids which disappear quickly after a person stops juicing, my guess is about half of that 70 pounds. Look at his arms before and after, naturally built muscles do not shrink that fast.

People always accuse NFL players of steroids especially when they lose weight. But it's just eating. It's calories. If you eat 7,000 calories a day and then drop down to 2,000 calories a day you will lose a lot of weight and very fast. They just eat very unnatural amounts of food and lift weights a lot so it goes on as mostly muscle.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

People always accuse NFL players of steroids especially when they lose weight. But it's just eating. It's calories. If you eat 7,000 calories a day and then drop down to 2,000 calories a day you will lose a lot of weight and very fast. They just eat very unnatural amounts of food and lift weights a lot so it goes on as mostly muscle.

Lol please...there is nothing natural that allows a dude who weights 260 lbs + to run a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. That s**t doesn't happen because of "eating and lifting."

Id put my house on the fact that just about every NFL player with the exception of a handful...use PEDs. Diet and excersise alone gets you in (fill in the blank player in the 80s and 90s) shape. Diet excerside and roids gets you in Vernon Davis and Clay Matthews shape. These linebackers, linemen, and some tight ends in today's NFL look like freaks in person.

Again don't get me wrong...it's not all roids. I'm not saying that. In fact "roids" is very vague term tbh.
Is it just me, or did he look healthier when he was 300+? Dude looks like he aged 20 years.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Lol please...there is nothing natural that allows a dude who weights 260 lbs + to run a sub 4.5 40 yard dash. That s**t doesn't happen because of "eating and lifting."

Id put my house on the fact that just about every NFL player with the exception of a handful...use PEDs. Diet and excersise alone gets you in (fill in the blank player in the 80s and 90s) shape. Diet excerside and roids gets you in Vernon Davis and Clay Matthews shape. These linebackers, linemen, and some tight ends in today's NFL look like freaks in person.

Again don't get me wrong...it's not all roids. I'm not saying that. In fact "roids" is very vague term tbh.

It will if you are genetically made that way. VD is a freak of nature. You can go to the gym everyday and never be like him. He has genetic advantages. If people can be genetically good looking, bad looking, tall, short, healthy, full of disease from birth why would it be hard for you to believe that certain people have a genetic advantage over and above others or the national average? Some people are born much more athletic. Like VD who was a freak even in high school. He doesn't take anything. He's tested all the time and always clean.

It's not your 1/2 hour workout at the gym 3 times a week. These are pro athletes. They lift and run and sprint and jump and swim like 5 - 6 hours a day plus eat like 7,000 calories a day + add protein supplements. That's nothing like what you do so you have no idea what that would do if you did it. You would be a lot more athletic than you are now if you did it.

It's also a natural selection argument. The best in high school play in college. The best in college play in the pros. The best in the pros start. There is selection in process along the way that leaves you with only the best and most athletic people in the whole country. They are not normal athletes. They are the best of the best.

If you go from 7,000 calories a day to 2,000 trust me you will lose weight. A lot do it for their heart or knees and back after they are done playing.
Share 49ersWebzone