There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I like Red Bryant a lot. Badly wanted us to draft him in '08. Glad he's not on the Hawks anymore. Downside is this frees up room to re-sign Bennett.

They have Mb, he will break the bank and he is NOWHERE near the run stopper Red is. Maybe now we can start pounding the rock on Seattle.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
They have Mb, he will break the bank and he is NOWHERE near the run stopper Red is. Maybe now we can start pounding the rock on Seattle.

If they can't bring Bryant back, they still have very high hopes for Jesse Wiiliams as a run stuffer. He was Seattles injury pick (similar to Lattimore) last season.
Originally posted by maltz88:
If they can't bring Bryant back, they still have very high hopes for Jesse Wiiliams as a run stuffer. He was Seattles injury pick (similar to Lattimore) last season.

Yea except his wasn't really injured. He's falling apart. I followed him at Bama and he's not strong enough to anchor in the pros IMO. FA the next 2 seasons is going to be hard for the Hawks. The entire secondary is going to require monster deals and Wilson is now a 100mil dollar man. They're going to lose all that depth with those deals.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
I think you guys are underestimating Bennett's run defense. PFF grades Bennett as a better run defender than Bryant. Stealing Hawkbloggers info:

• Bryant was the 7th-best player on the Seahawks defense last year with a +7.5 PFF rating
  • He was the 4th-best run defender, with a +10.6 rating
  • Both numbers were the best of his career
  • Bryant finished 15th in the NFL among 4-3 DE for overall rating, and 11th in run rating
  • His snap totals since 2010: 291...724...641...488

• Bennett was the 2nd-best player on the Seahawks defense last year with a +24.2 PFF rating
  • He was the 3rd-best run defender (+12.0), after Brandon Mebane and Tony McDaniel
  • The overall rating was the best of his career, and the run defense rating was the 2nd-best
  • Bennett has equaled, or beaten, Bryant's career-best +10.6 run defense rating every year as a starter (3 straight years)
  • Bennett was the 5th-best 4-3 DE in the NFL overall, and 3rd-best run defender
  • In a year when Bryant's snaps dropped precipitously, Bennett totaled 617

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2014/03/moving-on-from-red-bryant.html

The one thing that this doesn't measure is big Red's leadership, which I am worried about losing.
Originally posted by JoRo:
I think you guys are underestimating Bennett's run defense. PFF grades Bennett as a better run defender than Bryant. Stealing Hawkbloggers info:

• Bryant was the 7th-best player on the Seahawks defense last year with a +7.5 PFF rating
  • Bryant finished 15th in the NFL among 4-3 DE for overall rating, and 11th in run rating

• Bennett was the 2nd-best player on the Seahawks defense last year with a +24.2 PFF rating
  • He was the 3rd-best run defender (+12.0), after Brandon Mebane and Tony McDaniel
  • The overall rating was the best of his career, and the run defense rating was the 2nd-best
  • Bennett has equaled, or beaten, Bryant's career-best +10.6 run defense rating every year as a starter (3 straight years)

The one thing that this doesn't measure is big Red's leadership, which I am worried about losing.

you at all concernced about Bennet's big season being on a contract year? He strikes me as the type of player that puts up good numbers in contract years, just going by his last 2 years.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by JoRo:

you at all concernced about Bennet's big season being on a contract year? He strikes me as the type of player that puts up good numbers in contract years, just going by his last 2 years.

I suppose I am always worried about that, but I think he is going to put out his best effort. In fact he said something to the affect of "we don't give a discounted effort, why would we take a discounted paycheck". If we re-sign him to a 4 year deal, I will be a happy camper.
Well they can always resign Brandon Browner as he is reinstated
Lol. I guess you really can do whatever you want on SEA without fear of major retribution.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Or we can
Lol. I guess you really can do whatever you want on SEA without fear of major retribution.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Or we can

He doesn't fit our scheme, we don't get away with holding.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Or we can

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Putasne tu bene irasceris, fra?

Well, I know if I present facts that you can't whine about you won't listen but the reason he was reinstated was because he was being unlawfully punished for acts he did when he wasn't in the NFL. He's served his time for the incidents while he was on the Seahawks.
Originally posted by TopNotchPLYR:

Well, I know if I present facts that you can't whine about you won't listen but the reason he was reinstated was because he was being unlawfully punished for acts he did when he wasn't in the NFL. He's served his time for the incidents while he was on the Seahawks.

here i'll hit you with some facts, ricky williams during the 1 season he played in the cfl with toronto was still taking and not missing his nfl drug tests. #mindblown
[ Edited by crabman82 on Mar 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM ]