LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49digger:
They won't because Russel Wilson is the second coming to Jesus and he won't except a big contract and Sherman passion for the game will make him play for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally posted by fiveoldrings:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
They won't because Russel Wilson is the second coming to Jesus and he won't except a big contract and Sherman passion for the game will make him play for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not sure what you're drinking / smoking . . . but, I'll take some

anywho ~ I knew Sidney was a gonner but, really sad about losing Big Red :(
Such a genuine, humble person and a quiet leader with Seahawks roots (Jacob Green's son-in-law)

Kam dated Kenny Easley's daughter as well. You probably knew this but in case you didn't...

No1curr
Originally posted by rice-a-roni:
No1curr

And yet, you "curred" enough to quote it

====
@JonRyan9:
Losing @bigRedBryant79 from the hawks is like losing a brother.
He's the greatest leader I've played with in 10 years of pro football.
====

Big shoes to fill (literally AND figuratively) no doubt.

't will be a challenge to "find and replace" for the roster gaps.
But, hopefully, one they've been preparing for - it's not like the contraints are a surprise, after all.
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
It's gonna be hard to replace red bryant
I'm ecstatic Red Bryant is gone. That guy gave the Niners fits
Don't call him gone yet. He wasn't an every down guy. He also struggled with injuries. With that kind of resume he might not get the attention on the free agent market that people anticipate. He could very well sign back with the Seahawks for less money. Similar situation with Rice.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Red was a great locker room guy and team leader that part will be greatly missed, if he doesn't return. But in the three meeting against the Niners this year, Red had a combined total of 4 tackles and 4 assists and no sacks. Not worth the cap hit when Seattle needs to sign Bennett and Tate.
[ Edited by tab420 on Mar 2, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
I like Red Bryant a lot. Badly wanted us to draft him in '08. Glad he's not on the Hawks anymore. Downside is this frees up room to re-sign Bennett.
Originally posted by tab420:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Red was a great locker room guy and team leader that part will be greatly missed, if he doesn't return. But in the three meeting against the Niners this year, Red had a combined total of 4 tackles and 4 assists and no sacks. Not worth the cap hit when Seattle needs to sign Bennett and Tate.

I dont really care about the stats, I care about him being a major reason the Niners struggled to establish the run against SEA

Love big red, he was huge in 2011 when the defende was still searching for an identity and leadership but last year he played injured all year and this year his snaps have been increasingly reduced as the year moved along. He actually only played 14 snaps in the super bowl and the later part of the year when his production was reduced is when our run defende played its best.

Would love to have him but there is no way to justify his current pay with the develppment around him and the other leaders that have stepped up. He really has became a situational player that actually has similar impact to most of the backups and his playing time reflects it.
Originally posted by 12thfan:
Love big red, he was huge in 2011 when the defende was still searching for an identity and leadership but last year he played injured all year and this year his snaps have been increasingly reduced as the year moved along. He actually only played 14 snaps in the super bowl and the later part of the year when his production was reduced is when our run defende played its best.

Would love to have him but there is no way to justify his current pay with the develppment around him and the other leaders that have stepped up. He really has became a situational player that actually has similar impact to most of the backups and his playing time reflects it.

Yeah -- every team's fans thinks that once successful, that losing good players won't impact the team because 'another player will step up', etc. But the fact is you're going from a known ('The Seattle defense performed well with Red Bryant on the team and he was a leader') to an unknown ('Seattle's defense should be just as good without him...')
[ Edited by Existence on Mar 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 12thfan:

how many did he play in the nfc title game? i bet he played a lot more. denver aint a running team thats why he was barely in there i bet. as far as match ups with the 49ers, red bryant being gone is a win for us. also the guy who said he might be back on a cheaper deal (dont think it was you who said it) get real he was very targeted the last time he was a FA. for example the pats wanted him pretty badly.
Bennett sounds like he just wants to gets paid. They lost Big Red and hopefully Bennett walks too. Anything to weaken that Dline is a huge plus.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I like Red Bryant a lot. Badly wanted us to draft him in '08. Glad he's not on the Hawks anymore. Downside is this frees up room to re-sign Bennett.

They have Mb, he will break the bank and he is NOWHERE near the run stopper Red is. Maybe now we can start pounding the rock on Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone