LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by frenchmov:
convinced ourselves of what? the answers and proof have been in front of you the entire time. it's like if i told you 2+2=4 and your response is "lulz if you say so man! whatever floats your boat buddy!"

What proof? Is Harbaugh held accountable for Aldon, Culliver and Brooks? You can't watch these guys 24/7. All you can fo is hope you instill the right leadership. 1 guy in 9 years in a college program is pretty damn good. Harbaugh was only at Stanford for a few years so who knows what might have happened over 9 years. You guys act like Harbaugh is an angel and no one would ever make a stupid mistake in or around his program. Look at the players on your current roster. Do you really feel your team is above reproach?
Originally posted by 12thfan:
What proof? Is Harbaugh held accountable for Aldon, Culliver and Brooks? You can't watch these guys 24/7. All you can fo is hope you instill the right leadership. 1 guy in 9 years in a college program is pretty damn good. Harbaugh was only at Stanford for a few years so who knows what might have happened over 9 years. You guys act like Harbaugh is an angel and no one would ever make a stupid mistake in or around his program. Look at the players on your current roster. Do you really feel your team is above reproach?

I would rather have guys who make dumb mistakes off the field than guys who cheat on it
convinced ourselves of what? the answers and proof have been in front of you the entire time. it's like if i told you 2+2=4 and your response is "lulz if you say so man! whatever floats your boat buddy!"

you gonna respond to my post on the last page? you know the one where you said pete released or made no attempt to re-sign any of the guys who have been suspended in seattle. or you just going to to do what you've done several other times in this thread and just move on to the next topic you're likely to be wrong about?
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by RedAlice:
One thing is certain: watching Niners and Hawks play eachother this season is made all the more fun by the way the fans here and on .Net hate each other.

Could not ask for more enterainment.

I'm rooting for AZ and Rams to remind you that there are 4 teams in this division. Not two.

Will be fun.

how is it possible 1 fan cheers for 2 teams in the same division?

Not much to cheer for in St. Louis.

you gonna respond to my post on the last page? you know the one where you said pete released or made no attempt to re-sign any of the guys who have been suspended in seattle. or you just going to to do what you've done several other times in this thread and just move on to the next topic you're likely to be wrong about?

Amen. Been watching the fued from a distance. Gotta say 12, you're not holding up so well. It's one thing to bring the facts it's another to be dumb. Just not your day perhaps. Crabman 1 12thfan 0.

what NFL offers did Carroll have before Seattle? Whom did he interview with? Whom did he turn down to stay at USC? What is your proof that Carroll bailing on USC as sanctions came down was a matter of a "good NFL fit" and not an attempt to avoid the repercussions of violations that occurred under his watch?
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

Amen. Been watching the fued from a distance. Gotta say 12, you're not holding up so well. It's one thing to bring the facts it's another to be dumb. Just not your day perhaps. Crabman 1 12thfan 0.

if you scan this entire thread you`ll see 2 or 3 times he has made inaccurate statements and i`ve always jumped in and corrected them. he basically never responds. the only time he did is when he tried to say the league was giving us better scheduling times for road games the past few seasons. he claimed seattle never had a traditional 10am road game bumped back to 1pm in the past 2 seasons. i gave him to examples of that happening and he still didnt want to believe me, then once he did he tried to blame it on his hit or miss memory. maybe double check your stuff and make sure its accurate before posting then.

the things those guys did off the field have nothing to do with on the field. chris culliver hating gays or getting into a car accident isn't cheating on the field. aldon smith getting stabbed in the hand at a party that went out of control isn't cheating on the field (probably the opposite!). ahmad smashing a bottle of a teammates head isn't cheating on the field.

having multiple guys popped for cheating on the field, ESPECIALLY a few in the same defensive backfield, raises some red flags for me. it's just too convenient that cheatin' pete had guys with PED issues at USC and then he comes to seattle and is shocked... SHOCKED!.... to find the same issues.

as for his involvement in the USC stuff, take a gander fella: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/What-was-Pete-Carroll-s-part-in-the-USC-scandal-?urn=nfl,247361
Go back to .Nut
One thing is certain: watching Niners and Hawks play eachother this season is made all the more fun by the way the fans here and on .Net hate each other.

I'm rooting for AZ and Rams to remind you that there are 4 teams in this division. Not two.

Will be fun.

I don't presume to speak for RedAlice but, maybe she's just rooting for the unexpected in general . . .
i.e., all the talk is about the Hawks and Niners but, don't sleep on the Cards or Rams

the things those guys did off the field have nothing to do with on the field. chris culliver hating gays or getting into a car accident isn't cheating on the field. aldon smith getting stabbed in the hand at a party that went out of control isn't cheating on the field (probably the opposite!). ahmad smashing a bottle of a teammates head isn't cheating on the field.

having multiple guys popped for cheating on the field, ESPECIALLY a few in the same defensive backfield, raises some red flags for me. it's just too convenient that cheatin' pete had guys with PED issues at USC and then he comes to seattle and is shocked... SHOCKED!.... to find the same issues.

as for his involvement in the USC stuff, take a gander fella: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/What-was-Pete-Carroll-s-part-in-the-USC-scandal-?urn=nfl,247361

Exactly. The PED issues were with him at USC as well. This is the legacy good ol' laid back California dude Pete left USC

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/389782-does-the-s-at-usc-really-stand-for-steroids-how-far-does-it-go
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 18, 2014 at 11:06 AM ]

Will be fun.

I'll be cheering for the Cards and Rams every time they play the Seahawks. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all.

Sorry I don't live on a computer so I tend to play catch up and sometimes miss posts or just ignore them altogether.

Pete has proven to be patient as well as willing to give people a second chance. That has been his MO forever. In 2010 his first year in Seattle he brought in Jeremy Bates to be the OC. He also brought in Alex Gibbs to coach the O-line. Alex clashed with Bates and quit before the season even started and all signs pointed to Bates being the reason. Pete didn't fire Bates and there was little to no fan fair putting Bates on the hot seat but at the end of the 2010 season even with winning the division and a playoff game Bates was quietly dismissed.

PED's as well as substance abuse is an obvious black mark on your resume in Seattle, Does it mean you get the ax and public ridicule? No it means you just made it that much harder to keep your job and in Seattle there is always someone looking to take it. Pete rotates players as good or better than any coach in the league so if you have a weakness or a black mark you better prove you are worth keeping in spite of it. A mistake of any kind isn't the death sentence but it also isn't ignored. If you keep your nose clean and prove it was one mistake and not a pattern you could over come the black mark.

Harbaugh has stuck behind Smith, Culliver and Brooks for the same reason. He isn't giving up on them or making emotional decisions. He believes that the player will learn and grow. Seattle hasn't had any felony charges or repeat offenders so we don't know how Pete would react to them but based on what I have seen I would be willing to bet he would handle it much like Jim is. As little fan fair as possible while giving the player a chance to prove he is worth giving another shot.

At the end of the day PED's and substance abuse have apparently been to much for any of the players suspended to overcome. Bruce Irvin is still under his rookie contract and has had one major blemish on his record. If he can stay clean and continue to grow and be a productive member of the team I believe we will probably sign his 5th year option but he already has one massive mistake on his resume so if he tries to rest on his laurels or do something else stupid I would be surprised if he wasn't either outright released or simply didn't make the cut for the next years 53 man roster. I actually wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if he didn't make this years 53.

Coaches like Mike Singletary are a shining example of how not to coach your team. Handling situations with the type of emotion he brought on the field as a player will likely see you losing your players real fast. Pete has been very methodical in his methods just like Jim is being with your guys but make no mistake the PED's and substance abuse violations are not ignored or promoted like some here want to believe and the lack of retaining players that have is solid proof of that.
Sorry I don't live on a computer so I tend to play catch up and sometimes miss posts or just ignore them altogether.

Pete has proven to be patient as well as willing to give people a second chance. That has been his MO forever. In 2010 his first year in Seattle he brought in Jeremy Bates to be the OC. He also brought in Alex Gibbs to coach the O-line. Alex clashed with Bates and quit before the season even started and all signs pointed to Bates being the reason. Pete didn't fire Bates and there was little to no fan fair putting Bates on the hot seat but at the end of the 2010 season even with winning the division and a playoff game Bates was quietly dismissed.

i like that your example of "giving people a second chance" is a story about someone he fired after one season. lol.

Also, I'm sure Bates coordinating the 23rd ranked offense on a 7-9 team had nothing to do with his being let go...
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

You guys will have to excuse him. He's probably only been watching football (read: the Seahawks) since 2012, and by the looks of it, takes all of his talking points and "facts" from another forum which will remain nameless.

You can always tells these types because they insert themselves into conversations will little to no idea as to what they're talking about, and once their balloon is popped they either pretend as if it never happened, or disappear for awhile until they work up the courage to come back to try to prove themselves "right" on different topic.
Share 49ersWebzone