There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Bennett has spoken. No discount for Seattle. This ain't Costco...lol

That was funny. He has a ring now. He's proven himself. Time to get paid. Would be hilarious if another NFC West team signed him away from Seattle.

Yup. Plus he probably wants to get away from the attention whoring She-man and get some more credit for his own play.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
of course they are, every team that wins the SB does. It drives up the value of players.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Sherman's smart, I think he realizes this, hence why rants aside, he gives props to LOB and his guys up front. As a Hawk fan, I hope the main guys will take favorable deals to stay together. Where I do think the Hawks WILL suffer is the depth. I don't think the 2nd/3rd guys in line are nearly as committed to Legion of Boom as the core of that group (and Browner is already gone).

I think the conventional wisdom is that they'll lose some depth on the defensive line. Their secondary is deep with talent - it's probably still going to be the best in the league next year unless there is some kind of drop-off in production. The other problem defenses have with production from year to year is that professional offensive strategists spend the entire off season trying to figure out ways to break defenses. For example, the only receivers who did any productive gouging of the Seahawk secondary were speed guys - I expect to see more offenses, including the Niners, try to challenge with speed and use bunch formations and movement to get speed guys clean releases off the line and beat that press coverage the Seahawks love to play.
[ Edited by crake49 on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
of course they are, every team that wins the SB does. It drives up the value of players.

They just have to do as we've done ... pay the right guys! Can't keep everyone!
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
of course they are, every team that wins the SB does. It drives up the value of players.

this. look at a guy like rjf, plays in the super bowl as a rotational player and gets a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal
Originally posted by crabman82:
this. look at a guy like rjf, plays in the super bowl as a rotational player and gets a 4 yr 22 million dollar deal

And then we get no comp pick for it thanks to all of our highly esteemed free agent signings on ST! We still gave up a critical big KO return in the NFCCG!
Those bastages will figure out some way to keep a good portion of their roster. Why? Because I want them to fall apart, so the football gods will flipping curse me.

Every team has cap trouble, if you have good players, they get expensive no matter who you are. The thing about the Hags is that they seem to backfill with talent out of nowhere. This next year isn't the year they hurt, it is 2015 anyways.

They will cut Rice, probably re-work a contract or two, probably franchise someone and not have to eat the same salary structure. We need to forget about what they do, unleash the Lattimore and bring in some secondary help and BRING IT.
They cut Sidney rice
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Bennett has spoken. No discount for Seattle. This ain't Costco...lol

That was funny. He has a ring now. He's proven himself. Time to get paid. Would be hilarious if another NFC West team signed him away from Seattle.

Rumor is he wants $10M/year. I'd be glad to let the Niners have him for that kind of money.

We won't be that team. Even if we had the cap space. Doesn't fit in our defense. If he did fit in, we still wouldn't take him . We are about to have a arms race over the next two seasons to see who can retain the most weapons.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
They cut Sidney rice

That move was made to free up 7.5 this year and to help bring back Bennett and Tate. Doesn't mean it will happen but with that and the cap raise there's a much better chance.
They won't because Russel Wilson is the second coming to Jesus and he won't except a big contract and Sherman passion for the game will make him play for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Originally posted by gold49digger:
They won't because Russel Wilson is the second coming to Jesus and he won't except a big contract and Sherman passion for the game will make him play for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got paid.
Originally posted by KamChancellor:
I got paid.

Great, another random Hawk troll who discovered the internet.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
They won't because Russel Wilson is the second coming to Jesus and he won't except a big contract and Sherman passion for the game will make him play for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not sure what you're drinking / smoking . . . but, I'll take some


anywho ~ I knew Sidney was a gonner but, really sad about losing Big Red :(
Such a genuine, humble person and a quiet leader with Seahawks roots (Jacob Green's son-in-law)
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by KamChancellor:
I got paid.

Great, another random Hawk troll who discovered the internet.


Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Not sure what you're drinking / smoking . . . but, I'll take some


anywho ~ I knew Sidney was a gonner but, really sad about losing Big Red :(
Such a genuine, humble person and a quiet leader with Seahawks roots (Jacob Green's son-in-law)

That puts them just about 15 mil under the cap without counting the increase this year.