LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
40 million guaranteed?!

talib got 26 or 27 and was a free agent. its a good deal for sherman considering he didnt really have any leverage. they didnt have to fork it out and could have francished him or what not. its nice to see they're like us and take care of their guys before they're obligated to. i'm all for him getting a little more than people expected. when i heard talib got 26 or 27 i wouldnt have been happy with sherman at 30 mil guaranteed.
AB have n e contact predictions for the other priority signings they will need for the 2014/2015 season? With Sherman's cap figures we should be able to see what shape they will be in.
Originally posted by NCommand:
AB have n e contact predictions for the other priority signings they will need for the 2014/2015 season? With Sherman's cap figures we should be able to see what shape they will be in.

what i'm hearing from their fan base is next offseason they'll have to do wilson and as a result of all of these deals it puts the future of their lb core in jeopardy.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by NCommand:

what i'm hearing from their fan base is next offseason they'll have to do wilson and as a result of all of these deals it puts the future of their lb core in jeopardy.

Yeah I listed all their FA'S on a previous post and their cap space prior to Sherman's deal. If I can get projections on those, even if conservative, the picture becomes clear. They had about $30M to sign like 10 key FA'S B4 Sherman's deal.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 7, 2014 at 3:10 PM ]
Revis has to be boiling.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Revis has to be boiling.

he dont care. he was a top 15 pick pre rookie wage scale who got more money than his slot indicated he should. he then held out a few times and got paid. every year it seems like the guy is getting new money. his past couple of contracts are like year to year things where if he plays like he can he just keeps getting money thrown at him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
40 million guaranteed?!

I hope Vernon puts him on hs A**S and he has to sit out a couple of games because of a sore A**S.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I hope Vernon puts him on hs A**S and he has to sit out a couple of games because of a sore A**S.

I think Vernon will be too busy looking up at Chancellor to put anything on Sherman.
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by Giedi:

I think Vernon will be too busy looking up at Chancellor to put anything on Sherman.

That hit was not even that serious. You guys are constantly bringing it up like its hard to lay someone out when they're looking back for the ball.

I'd like to see Chancellor make that hit with Vernon running straight at him.
Originally posted by maltz88:

Hopefully Goodell will be watching this time as well, he missed the last one

This is a good day to be a niner... He is a stud, but they paid way too much. I think the NFL is going to be way more attentive to the defensive grabbing Seattle employs after all the press and that will really deflate Sherman's play making ability... I was thinking 12 mil a year max... And 40 million guaranteed??? Can you imagine if this guy misses a couple seasons... FRANCHISE DEVASTATION...
Originally posted by baltien:
That hit was not even that serious. You guys are constantly bringing it up like its hard to lay someone out when they're looking back for the ball.

I'd like to see Chancellor make that hit with Vernon running straight at him.

Kam has Vernon's number ... it is what it is. Here's Chancellor's hit with Vernon running straight at him in this year's NFCG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zszxPnXBFgY
Originally posted by baltien:
That thread is about what people think Kap should make. It's not a pie in the sky, "he'll just take less because Pete, and John, and the team, and let's all hold hands" kind of thread that I've seen on .Net.

You had guys over there swearing up and down that everyone was going to resign cheap because they're more about keeping the team together than about getting paid. Obviously, that's just not the case.

They may wear a Seahawk uniform but they want to get paid, just like everybody else.

This is my favorite article, seriously read it

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/7/4812050/colts-wr-t-y-hilton-schooled-seahawks-corners-richard-sherman-and
Originally posted by stimpy:
Kam has Vernon's number ... it is what it is. Here's Chancellor's hit with Vernon running straight at him in this year's NFCG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zszxPnXBFgY

Lol you and I must be watching a different video.
Vernon wasn't prepared for that at all.

Lol if Dumba$$ Chancellor wouldn't of been big hit hunting he probably could have picked up that fumble.
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM ]
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Hopefully Goodell will be watching this time as well, he missed the last one

Hopefully not!

Actually, I thought the hit on him in the Championship game was pretty clean. He had his head to the side, and Davis got his head around took a step and even tried to avoid the contact at the last second. I don't think that was defenseless.

The play in Seattle the year before was kind of the text book definition of defenseless receiver. I thought he did get fined for that one though?
Share 49ersWebzone