LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maltz88:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Just saw the She-hawks lost Giacomini, a key member of their O-line, to the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10598058/new-york-jets-reach-agreement-breno-giacomini

Yes, unfortunately Seattle is getting gutted so far......Scofield, Maragos, Tate, Giacomini, Bryant, Clemmons all signed away or released.

It's starting to become painfully apparent why teams don't repeat anymore. Losing a ton of depth is going to hurt.

Yeah it sucks, but out of all those guys Tate is the only one that stings I think. Breno missed half of 2013 with an injury (I would expect the 1st pick in the draft to eb an OT barring a massive run on them), Scofield barely saw the field, Maragos was a ST guy. Clemons had a limited impact last season because of the ACL injury. Bryant probably should be tossed in with Tate now that I think about it, but he only played 40% of the snaps I think. Time for the recent draftees to step up.
I originally stated that they would, but now I see they will just let all their players leave via FA. Oh and @ Cawk fans who think they have a PB player waiting in the wings at every one of these positions.
Just saw the She-hawks lost Giacomini, a key member of their O-line, to the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10598058/new-york-jets-reach-agreement-breno-giacomini

Yes, unfortunately Seattle is getting gutted so far......Scofield, Maragos, Tate, Giacomini, Bryant, Clemmons all signed away or released.

It's starting to become painfully apparent why teams don't repeat anymore. Losing a ton of depth is going to hurt.

Oh and Browner too.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
I originally stated that they would, but now I see they will just let all their players leave via FA. Oh and @ Cawk fans who think they have a PB player waiting in the wings at every one of these positions.

Sounds just like all the Tank and Lattimore talk.
Thurmond may be gone. That would be a good slot cb for us even if it costs 3-4 mil a year
They haven't even paid Sherman and Wilson yet. That will at least cost 30 maybe 35 mil a yr between the two...
Originally posted by JoRo:
Yeah it sucks, but out of all those guys Tate is the only one that stings I think. Breno missed half of 2013 with an injury (I would expect the 1st pick in the draft to eb an OT barring a massive run on them), Scofield barely saw the field, Maragos was a ST guy. Clemons had a limited impact last season because of the ACL injury. Bryant probably should be tossed in with Tate now that I think about it, but he only played 40% of the snaps I think. Time for the recent draftees to step up.

Losing McDonald and Bryant will definitely leave a mark.
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
They haven't even paid Sherman and Wilson yet. That will at least cost 30 maybe 35 mil a yr between the two...

Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Maxwell.....etc.
The more I look at Seattle's signings, I think they are following their design on defense. I.E. Slow down, disrupt, hit, hold what ever it takes to take the receiver out of the play, rotate the line with as many pass rushers that they can fit on the roster, plug in some cheap fat scrubs in the middle of the line to take up space and stop the run, and throw in x,y,z linebackers to zone the short field. This game plan worked great the last two seasons. Eventually they will get thin at secondary, but they seem to have a system that is easy to plug in who ever, and teach them the game plan. This defense I think will continue to be solid for a long time.
The offense, is entirely dependent on two guys; Lynch, and his punishing style, and Wilson and his great ability to keep plays alive. As a Niner fan, It drives me crazy, how these two guys can be an entire offense. I'm wondering if the o line is needing a big upgrade to counter defenses this upcoming season, and I'm wondering if teams will target the middle of the d line, now that the beef is getting a little thin?
I'm really curious to see how Seattle fares this year. Hopefully fourth in the west!

Clemons and Bryant were more important then Tate, by a long shot. Good luck stopping the run now.

Hope they lose everyone and we smash the hell out of them.
Originally posted by Bison645:
The more I look at Seattle's signings, I think they are following their design on defense. I.E. Slow down, disrupt, hit, hold what ever it takes to take the receiver out of the play, rotate the line with as many pass rushers that they can fit on the roster, plug in some cheap fat scrubs in the middle of the line to take up space and stop the run, and throw in x,y,z linebackers to zone the short field. This game plan worked great the last two seasons. Eventually they will get thin at secondary, but they seem to have a system that is easy to plug in who ever, and teach them the game plan. This defense I think will continue to be solid for a long time.
The offense, is entirely dependent on two guys; Lynch, and his punishing style, and Wilson and his great ability to keep plays alive. As a Niner fan, It drives me crazy, how these two guys can be an entire offense. I'm wondering if the o line is needing a big upgrade to counter defenses this upcoming season, and I'm wondering if teams will target the middle of the d line, now that the beef is getting a little thin?
I'm really curious to see how Seattle fares this year. Hopefully fourth in the west!

Coming off the SB win (I'm not taking into account the FA moves), if I were to choose one area the needed help, it would be the Hawks O-Line. The NFC West is filled with teams with great pass-rush. Aldon Smith, Robert Quinn, Abraham had top10 sacks for the season as a LB. I felt like at a minimum I was watching 6 games this season fearing for my life that RW was gonna get smashed and taken out for the season. Yeah O-line needs work.
Originally posted by WINiner:

Sounds just like all the Tank and Lattimore talk.

2 players at positions where we enjoy good to decent depth. All I expect out of either is that they will perform well when they are added to their respective rotations this season.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Clemons and Bryant were more important then Tate, by a long shot. Good luck stopping the run now.

Don't forget about McDonald. That guy was a beast last year. Every damn game i watched he was wreaking havoc
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Don't forget about McDonald. That guy was a beast last year. Every damn game i watched he was wreaking havoc

Yup. Those dirty turds are done.
Share 49ersWebzone