There are 150 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who really gives a flying f**k what the seachickens have?????? As long as the Niners are in a position of strength, have the best players on the field, giving their best each and every time they are facing an opponent on the other side of the line of scrimmage, and absolutely, positively administering an a$$ beating; this is what Niner fans should be concerned with. Let's look at who we are getting in the draft; what we are doing with the players we already have; are they healthy enough to play? What the f**k are WE doing???
Lol on NFL network they keep trying to push the story that the niners are going to be trying to get bennett. Rapoport said pretty quickly that it was really unlikely, but they keep pushing it. wtf
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Lol on NFL network they keep trying to push the story that the niners are going to be trying to get bennett. Rapoport said pretty quickly that it was really unlikely, but they keep pushing it. wtf

I'd be very surprised if we made a run at Bennett. For one, he won't come cheap. Two, he doesn't really fit our system (though who can't use an extra pass rusher?). Three, while my opinion doesn't mean much, I think he's overrated.

All that said, he'll cash in because there isn't much of a market for DE's. Hardy is the best one out there but clearly he isn't going anywhere.
Originally posted by lucky_49:

0% chance we land Bennett. It's just a headline to keep viewers tuned in, then when the segment starts everyone is like "umm..yeah..no chance this happens...moving on". What a joke these guys are.
Not really a "cap casualty" but it's sounding like Bennett signing in Chicago is all but a done deal.

That sucks, but good for him. He deserves to get paid, and if things get out of hand, I'm glad Seattle isn't willing to get stupid with a contract offer for him.
Originally posted by maltz88:
Not really a "cap casualty" but it's sounding like Bennett signing in Chicago is all but a done deal.

That sucks, but good for him. He deserves to get paid, and if things get out of hand, I'm glad Seattle isn't willing to get stupid with a contract offer for him.

Good news for us.

Bryant and Bennett will be missed by the 12s. We'll get to see how good Bobby Wagner and Malcolm Smith really are in defending the run.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran

Now they're saying he should re-sign with Seattle. Sounds like a reasonable $8m/yr too. If so, that is awesome.
And took less money to stay slso. All around good news if correct.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoRo:

Now they're saying he should re-sign with Seattle. Sounds like a reasonable $8m/yr too. If so, that is awesome.

4yr/$28.5m, wow apparently he is a Costco.
I think this size of contract would have made Bennett the highest paid player on the Niners in 2014. Kind of high for 31 tackles and 8 sacks for a 4-3 DE.

Originally posted by Bison645:
I think this size of contract would have made Bennett the highest paid player on the Niners in 2014. Kind of high for 31 tackles and 8 sacks for a 4-3 DE.

57% of defensive snaps played vs 90%+ for others (Jared Allen for example). I think that's pretty good considering the competition he had on that DL.
Just saw the She-hawks lost Giacomini, a key member of their O-line, to the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10598058/new-york-jets-reach-agreement-breno-giacomini
Originally posted by E-49er:
Just saw the She-hawks lost Giacomini, a key member of their O-line, to the Jets.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10598058/new-york-jets-reach-agreement-breno-giacomini

Yes, unfortunately Seattle is getting gutted so far......Scofield, Maragos, Tate, Giacomini, Bryant, Clemmons all signed away or released.

It's starting to become painfully apparent why teams don't repeat anymore. Losing a ton of depth is going to hurt.
......sorry double post.
[ Edited by maltz88 on Mar 13, 2014 at 5:14 AM ]
Originally posted by E-49er:

Yes, unfortunately Seattle is getting gutted so far......Scofield, Maragos, Tate, Giacomini, Bryant, Clemmons all signed away or released.

It's starting to become painfully apparent why teams don't repeat anymore. Losing a ton of depth is going to hurt.

read schofield failed his physical with the giants
Share 49ersWebzone