There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol. I guess you really can do whatever you want on SEA without fear of major retribution.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well they can always resign Brandon Browner as he is reinstated
Or we can

He doesn't fit our scheme, we don't get away with holding.

And he's a douche. I remember him saying that he wanted to ring Harbaugh's neck last season.

Also, I don't trust anyone under 30 with a bald spot that big.
Originally posted by 12thfan:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Please. Plenty of writers and commentators have been saying the same thing all year. You guys are the champs--no one disputes that. But to claim that Seattle's DB's don't get away with holding is to deny reality. Just go back and watch any of their games and you'll see why you guys led the league in defensive penalties.

Much as some of you may want to believe, this isn't something Jim Harbaugh made up.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by TopNotchPLYR:
Lol. I guess you really can do whatever you want on SEA without fear of major retribution.

Well, I know if I present facts that you can't whine about you won't listen but the reason he was reinstated was because he was being unlawfully punished for acts he did when he wasn't in the NFL. He's served his time for the incidents while he was on the Seahawks.

here i'll hit you with some facts, ricky williams during the 1 season he played in the cfl with toronto was still taking and not missing his nfl drug tests. #mindblown

That's a good point, but the circumstances are a little different. Ricky played in Toronto during a one year suspension. Browner played in Calgary after being cut by the Broncos. Ricky had a job to go back to in the NFL and was still covered by the CBA. Browner was not. The only argument the NFL could come up with when they brought the hammer down on Browner for a weed violation was that his missing drug tests from 2007 to 2010 should count as if they were positive tests because he was "actively seeking" employment in the NFL during this period. I can only assume they didn't feel comfortable bringing this argument before a Federal judge. I still expect Browner will miss some games in 2014 as a result. Likely what he would have faced for a second violation, which was what he was arguing he should have been facing in the first place. I also doubt he will be back with the Seahawks next year, but I'm glad they were able to find some middle ground. The original ruling seemed to be very draconian.
Originally posted by baltien:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Please. Plenty of writers and commentators have been saying the same thing all year. You guys are the champs--no one disputes that. But to claim that Seattle's DB's don't get away with holding is to deny reality. Just go back and watch any of their games and you'll see why you guys led the league in defensive penalties.

Much as some of you may want to believe, this isn't something Jim Harbaugh made up.

its comical really. i have a number of friends who are hawk fans and we watch a lot of games together. games involving them when their wr's get held or tugged with no flag, they go ballistic, but 5 mins later when they on D, its great D. homers gonna homer. its really not that bad to admit you push the envelope and get away with it.
its comical really. i have a number of friends who are hawk fans and we watch a lot of games together. games involving them when their wr's get held or tugged with no flag, they go ballistic, but 5 mins later when they on D, its great D. homers gonna homer. its really not that bad to admit you push the envelope and get away with it.

Why make stuff up or exaggerate? Trying to paint a picture that the only reason we won is because we hold and our fans are all homers is blind homerism in itself.

Go back to the game day thread of the Seahawks in Candlestick and read every page. Their is complaints on every single defensive snap about holding and that we got away with something but on Crabtree's fumble that was originally ruled the player touched the ground and confirmed by the official patting his but to indicate his but touched the ground the official changed the call to forward progress after the replay and the challenge flag was thrown.

The replay proved the ball was out before Crabtree hit the ground and was still fighting for yardage and the call should have been challengeable and if it were then that takes 3 points of the scoreboard and gives Seattle another possession. Does that mean we win the game? Not necessarily but it was definitely a factor.

Here's the thing, I scowered the game day thread to see what type of comments this forum would make about it. Did they think it was a bad or blown call? Did they think it could have affected the outcome of the game? But their wasn't even a comment about it.

You can make stuff up that no one can confirm all you want. I could say that my Niner friends are all homers but that is just hyperbole. You can verify my comments, hey are written right here in this forum.

For the record I think that Bowman strip of Kearse on your 1 yard line was a make up call for the Crabtree call the previous game. Unfortunately that call hurt us more than it helped us because we fumbled on the next play 15 yards farther away from the endzone and gave you better field position.
[ Edited by 12thfan on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM ]

Why make stuff up or exaggerate? Trying to paint a picture that the only reason we won is because we hold and our fans are all homers is blind homerism in itself.

Go back to the game day thread of the Seahawks in Candlestick and read every page. Their is complaints on every single defensive snap about holding and that we got away with something but on Crabtree's fumble that was originally ruled the player touched the ground and confirmed by the official patting his but to indicate his but touched the ground the official changed the call to forward progress after the replay and the challenge flag was thrown.

The replay proved the ball was out before Crabtree hit the ground and was still fighting for yardage and the call should have been challengeable and if it were then that takes 3 points of the scoreboard and gives Seattle another possession. Does that mean we win the game? Not necessarily but it was definitely a factor.

Here's the thing, I scowered the game day thread to see what type of comments this forum would make about it. Did they think it was a bad or blown call? Did they think it could have affected the outcome of the game? But their wasn't even a comment about it.

You can make stuff up that no one can confirm all you want. I could say that my Niner friends are all homers but that is just hyperbole. You can verify my comments, hey are written right here in this forum.

For the record I think that Bowman strip of Kearse on your 1 yard line was a make up call for the Crabtree call the previous game. Unfortunately that call hurt us more than it helped us because we fumbled on the next play 15 yards farther away from the endzone and gave you better field position.

You can scour the comments section all u want and end up with very mixed results. I watched every Niner/Hawk game last season, your team led the league in defensive penalties because they were gambling on the fact that the refs would stop throwing the flags and unfortunately for those of us that love the game of football the gamble worked out. So congratulations I guess.

when did i say you only win cus you hold? talk about reading something that i didnt say. this is not about the 49ers vs seahawks in any of the 3 games they played. the refs make bad calls, it happens. what you can get away with in games varies from game to game. the fact you think a play causing a turnover in the nfc title game was not called for the simple fact that 6 weeks earlier a play on crabtree might have been missed is what makes you dead to me. you cant reason with someone like that.
Originally posted by TopNotchPLYR:

Well, I know if I present facts that you can't whine about you won't listen but the reason he was reinstated was because he was being unlawfully punished for acts he did when he wasn't in the NFL. He's served his time for the incidents while he was on the Seahawks.

Pardon? Don't presume to know anything regarding how i will or will not react. Present your "facts" all you like. So he was unlawfully punished? Please elaborate. If he was being unlawfully punished, then why is he being suspended for the first 4 games of next year? Why is the NFL not compensating him for the money lost during last years suspension? Was he unlawfully punished the first time around when he was suspended 2 years ago? And i am being serious, i want to know and since you have all the facts.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 6, 2014 at 11:52 AM ]
i wouldnt say that he is gone, but he aint taking a discount, gonna go to FA and jack up that price some more

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13m
Seattle DE Michael Bennett will be testing the free agent market and will not be re-signing with the Seahawks before March 11th, per source.

when did i say you only win cus you hold? talk about reading something that i didnt say. this is not about the 49ers vs seahawks in any of the 3 games they played. the refs make bad calls, it happens. what you can get away with in games varies from game to game. the fact you think a play causing a turnover in the nfc title game was not called for the simple fact that 6 weeks earlier a play on crabtree might have been missed is what makes you dead to me. you cant reason with someone like that.

That outcome is nearly inevitable. I live in Seattle; almost all of these "fans" are like that. They're still learning the rules and how the game is played. Once they catch up, then try to converse with them.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Mar 6, 2014 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

That outcome is nearly inevitable. I live in Seattle; almost all of these "fans" are like that. They're still learning the rules and how the game is played. Once they catch up, then try to converse with them.

i hear you bro, i'm in vancouver, essentially seahawks north.

You Hawk fans make me sick -- so much over the top rationalization and crazed eagerness to be accepted and respected. You won the fricken Superbowl! What in the hell does a fumble that didn't happen in a regular season game, or your complete waste of time 'survey' of a game day thread (further proof that most Hawk fans live in their parent's half-flooded basements and have nothing actually productive to do) have ANYTHING to do with the proven, universally accepted fact that your DBs hold on just about every single damn play? For god's sake, your own defensive coordinator admits this -- gleefully!

If we can accept that you won the championship, you can be a man (or whatever you are) and accept that your team cheats.
[ Edited by Existence on Mar 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by Existence:
You Hawk fans make me sick -- so much over the top rationalization and crazed eagerness to be accepted and respected. You won the fricken Superbowl! What in the hell does a fumble that didn't happen in a regular season game, or your complete waste of time 'survey' of a game day thread (further proof that most Hawk fans live in their parent's half-flooded basements and have nothing actually productive to do) have ANYTHING to do with the proven, universally accepted fact that your DBs hold on just about every single damn play? For god's sake, your own defensive coordinator admits this -- gleefully!

If we can accept that you won the championship, you can be a man (or whatever you are) and accept that your team cheats.

they push the envelope with contact by the db's, everyone sees it. i think the strategy is brilliant, they wont throw a flag on every play. they led the league in penalties and still could have had a lot more called on them. they got in first, i think another team copying the strategy wont work as well as it does for them. i dont see the shame in saying they push the envelope. but i guess in their eyes it diminishes the championship so they have to act like it doesnt happen while bringing up random calls that maybe were incorrectly called. regarding that crabtree play, it was a whistle issue, like the ahmad bradshaw play in the nfc title game in 2011 IIRC.

The replay also proved that Crabtree's forward progress was stopped. The officials did a piss poor job of explaining the call, however, they took the correct action. If you care to, you can google around for the director of officiating's comment on it.

Not that any of this matters now, anyway.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM ]
I've been a diehard Seahawks fan since 1976, I work an average of 50 hours a week at Boeing as does my wife, I own two homes and unlike some who want to throw rocks in glass houses I can assure you I know the rules very well.

There is no question they push the envelope. Pete Carroll was a DB in college. He knows what is legal and what is not and he coaches his secondary to get every bit of ability out of them, Do they cross the line from time to time? Sure what team doesn't? It is not cheating though, it is smart football. Plain and simple and you can bet the rest of the NFL is taking notice and trying to figure out how to implement both the style of play and the type of players Pete has made successful.

I see many here trying to dismiss the super bowl victory or the accomplishments of the team by accusing them of cheating, Maybe they just don't understand the rules or maybe they are just sore losers but what Seattle is doing is text book defense. Pushing the envelope is what every team should be doing especially in this era of pass first offense. Either figure out how to slow it down or get beat by it.

Everyone in here would get upset if I posted that Crabtree pushes off on every play but the reality is he does it alot and I don't remember a single call on him for it in the last two years. It is his way of pushing the envelope. Watch how Boldin uses his body to block out the DB and put himself in the best position and then compare that to Crabtree. It is very often the text book definition of pushing off but I don't see anyone in here making posts about it.

Anyway I have work to do so I will bid you all a farewell for the day. Hope you all have a great day.