There are 147 users in the forums

Isaac Sopoaga- What happened?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erred:
The title of this thread should be, the niners need to tear up Glen Dorseys contract and extend him for 3 years. He can play NT and DT. I for one saw a big difference when Dorsey took over for Ian Williams at NT.

Sopoaga, while a great story, played very well for his draft position, a high 4th round draft pick that everyone felt he should have been picked in round 3.

I wish Isaac well, he got a huge payday, so he is a winner no matter what.

Soap, was a great 49ers story. Once signed an autograph for my handicapped sister and the guy had arms the size of my legs. He was a favorite of mine.

Before practice started he was warming up by throwing the football some 75 or 80 yards.....he threw it so far to the ball boy at the other end of the field and had another ball boy throw it from about the 50 yard line back to Soap. He had his time and shines in our tough 2011 defense.....wishing him all the best and glad to see him get the free agent payday.
i saw him at club avalon in santa clara couple years ago.

was just walkin around sippin on a bottle of henessy...... got hammered and was spraying a bottle of corona into the air and it got all over the guy on stage. security couldn't do anything.

just wanted to share.
Originally posted by mdieg953552:
Originally posted by 9erred:
The title of this thread should be, the niners need to tear up Glen Dorseys contract and extend him for 3 years. He can play NT and DT. I for one saw a big difference when Dorsey took over for Ian Williams at NT.

Sopoaga, while a great story, played very well for his draft position, a high 4th round draft pick that everyone felt he should have been picked in round 3.

I wish Isaac well, he got a huge payday, so he is a winner no matter what.

Soap, was a great 49ers story. Once signed an autograph for my handicapped sister and the guy had arms the size of my legs. He was a favorite of mine.

Before practice started he was warming up by throwing the football some 75 or 80 yards.....he threw it so far to the ball boy at the other end of the field and had another ball boy throw it from about the 50 yard line back to Soap. He had his time and shines in our tough 2011 defense.....wishing him all the best and glad to see him get the free agent payday.

in my book isaac is still the best pass catching nose tackle in the game
People give Sopoaga too much credit. He played a whooping 30% or so of defensive plays in 2011 and 2012. I don't think the staff believed in him or Jean Francois. That's why we let them go. Plus they got offered insane money, not worth it.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Boys and Girls,

We keep Ian and Dorsey. Both above average and both can play DE as well. No worries at the nose. Money well spent. Need to save in other areas.

When did Ian Williams become 'above average'?

When he did nothing 2011, nothing in 2012, or when he got hurt before 2013 started?

Dorsey had a great year for us, and will be the no doubt starter heading into 2014.

Then why did Ian Williams beat out Dorsey for the starting job in training camp?
Way too many tears for guys we let go.

Manny, Harrelson, Goldson, RJF, Franklyn and Soap.

Soap sucks and I wish him well - somewhere else.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
his pregame stuff was cool tho

I think we missed him in the middle. We were getting run on more this year.
Share 49ersWebzone