There are 165 users in the forums

Rams owner buys stadium sized lot in Los Angeles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I'd prefer to have an expansion team or something that doesn't compete with the 9ers..so that I have a reason to go to more than 1 game a year. I get the advantage for the team, but I don't know how excited I'd be about watching the 9ers play them...it's not like they've been a real team since Warner left.

Niners-Rams was a classic 40+ year rivalry tho...however it was usually one team dominating for periods at a time (70's rams, 80's split but more Niners, 90's Niners)...it just makes it extra instense when its SFvsLA, and even if LA has the upper hand at times (think Giants/Dodgers) it just makes you hate LA even more

You mean in the late 80's?
Originally posted by mrmontana:
I have a feeling that Kronke is going to make the move THIS year despite what the media says and thats because with the raiders and chagers laughable b******t plan they have to share a stadium in carson,Kronke is going to make sure he gets there first.

That plan they have will NEVER fly with the NFL.It works in new york because they are in two different conferences where they only play each other once every four years so it works out just fine.But were talking about two teams that play not only in the same conference,but same division no less and you can forget realining the teams in different conferences.

Kronke has the upper hand,he has the deep pockets to make the move.spanos and davis do not.the other thing that people are forgetting that proves this is just leverage by spanos and davis is UCLA AND USC both have said the raiders are not welcome to play in ther stadium while waiting for a new stadium to be built,well Kronke is going to get there first so unlike davis,he WILL be able to use their facilitys while waiting for a new stadium in LA.lol.

I'm still not clear on why this is a problem...the only real argument I did hear was that each team would be getting an extra "home" game, but if that's the crux of the argument it's pretty weak. True, that's one less flight each team would have to make, but it's still an "away" game in the sense the other team is "home" and ostensibly it will primarily be their fans in the stands.

That said, I hope it doesn't happen because I'd prefer the Chargers and Raiders to stay where they're at and for the Rams to go back to LA.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
LA Cougars. Again.

It is the only logical choice.

Cheerleader selection would be interesting

Bobcats might work too

If the Raiders do return to LA, the NFL will need a Cougars team to balance out the thug-life image. Weird. Cougars are the only thing that would bring peace to a Raider-infested city.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I'm still not clear on why this is a problem...the only real argument I did hear was that each team would be getting an extra "home" game, but if that's the crux of the argument it's pretty weak. True, that's one less flight each team would have to make, but it's still an "away" game in the sense the other team is "home" and ostensibly it will primarily be their fans in the stands.

That said, I hope it doesn't happen because I'd prefer the Chargers and Raiders to stay where they're at and for the Rams to go back to LA.

Uhh, no. Ever seen the Battle of the Bay? It's usually split around 50/50 no matter which stadium they play in. Now imagine if the 49ers and raiders shared the same stadium. Do you think less Niners fans are going to show up just because the raiders are the "home" team that day? Yeah, right. Same thing applies if the Chargers and raiders shared a stadium. Chargers fans aren't going to be like "well, it's the raiders fans turn to fill the stadium so I'm staying home today."
[ Edited by Empire49 on Feb 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Uhh, no. Ever seen the Battle of the Bay? It's usually split around 50/50 no matter which stadium they play in. Now imagine if the 49ers and raiders shared the same stadium. Do you think less Niners fans are going to show up just because the raiders are the "home" team that day? Yeah, right. Same thing applies if the Chargers and raiders shared a stadium. Chargers fans aren't going to be like "well, it's the raiders fans turn to fill the stadium so I'm staying home today."

Hence the word "ostensibly".
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The MMQB ‏@theMMQB

.@SI_PeterKing's MMQB is up, with first rendering of riverfront stadium in St. Louis:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/03/02/st-louis-stadium-rams-raiders-chargers-los-angeles-nfl/

I hope the raiders stay in oakland and the chargers stay in San diego. But I sure as hell hope the rams move to LA
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I hope the raiders stay in oakland and the chargers stay in San diego. But I sure as hell hope the rams move to LA

its obvious the Rams are coming back.only question is will it this year or next.if they havent announced by april 1st they are coming back,well look for a lame duck season in the Lou for one more year.the owners are going to vote on march 23rd so well know by then,that was when they moved out of LA was in april 95.I just dont see that though,nobody in the NFL wants to see a lameduck product on the field which is a given thats what you will get since the fans know they are leaving them.

yeah I want the chargers to stay in san diego and the raiders to stay in oakland as well.The Raiders will stay,they got a billionaire investor,only thing holding it up is the politics with the city and county.The chargers are the team that would leave if there is one from the AFC.hope things can work out for them and they get soemthing done soon but it doesnt look good for them so far.

the good thing for people like me and you who want the chargers and the raiders stay is that davis and spanos have said they DO want to stay,thats one thing we have going for us.Kronke on the other hand has made it clear he WANTS to move to LA.I had heard that way before the monday night game against that team in st louis when they played them eariler down there.our man steve young just confirmed what i had been hearing for months before he said it that night.

if you rewatch that game,young when talking about the rams maybe moving to LA goes on to say minutes before the broadcast-we have an owner who WANTS to move there.yahoo!!!!
[ Edited by mrmontana on Mar 4, 2015 at 5:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone