LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Rams owner buys stadium sized lot in Los Angeles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Inglewood city council passed a 5-0 vote. Rams owner moving along very quick. Would not mind an hour drive to watch my niners play. :)
Pretty exciting. Less travel time for the team, also.
Unless no one moves to LA, you should have less travel time to play someone - either the Rams, Raiders or Chargers.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I'd prefer to have an expansion team or something that doesn't compete with the 9ers..so that I have a reason to go to more than 1 game a year. I get the advantage for the team, but I don't know how excited I'd be about watching the 9ers play them...it's not like they've been a real team since Warner left.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Feb 25, 2015 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I'd prefer to have an expansion team or something that doesn't compete with the 9ers..so that I have a reason to go to more than 1 game a year. I get the advantage for the team, but I don't know how excited I'd be about watching the 9ers play them...it's not like they've been a real team since Warner left.

Does this mean that you and I won't be tailgating at a Niners' game in LA.

Niners-Rams was a classic 40+ year rivalry tho...however it was usually one team dominating for periods at a time (70's rams, 80's split but more Niners, 90's Niners)...it just makes it extra instense when its SFvsLA, and even if LA has the upper hand at times (think Giants/Dodgers) it just makes you hate LA even more
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Niners-Rams was a classic 40+ year rivalry tho...however it was usually one team dominating for periods at a time (70's rams, 80's split but more Niners, 90's Niners)...it just makes it extra instense when its SFvsLA, and even if LA has the upper hand at times (think Giants/Dodgers) it just makes you hate LA even more

If They move to la that would be a game id go to every year. Levis is a 4 1/2 hr drive la is a 2. Would be great. I plan on going to One home game a year. La rams would make it two games a year.
To this day I still slip up and call them the "LA Rams"...I hope they do move back.

Does this mean that you and I won't be tailgating at a Niners' game in LA.

Oh, I'd be there. I just prefer a team that didn't play the niners so I might consider going to more than one game a year.

I love football, but I wouldn't go to a game of a division rival unless the 9ers are playing them.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Meh..I live in LA...bay area transplant.

We'd finally have a legitimate west division, with 3 coastal teams and the 4th in arizona. That's how it should be.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
To this day I still slip up and call them the "LA Rams"...I hope they do move back.

I ALWAYS call them the LA Rams.I refuse to call them that other name.That other name sounds so asinine and stupid.the only other NFL name out there just as asinine and stupid a name as the one the Rams currently have is Arizona Cardinals since they don't migrate there.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

We'd finally have a legitimate west division, with 3 coastal teams and the 4th in arizona. That's how it should be.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I'd like to see Niners and Raiders in same division playing twice every year...Raiders stay in Oakland, Rams move back to LA, then have an all-CA West division of 49ers, Raiders, Chargers, Rams, and don't care if it's NFC or AFC.
I have a feeling that Kronke is going to make the move THIS year despite what the media says and thats because with the raiders and chagers laughable b******t plan they have to share a stadium in carson,Kronke is going to make sure he gets there first.

That plan they have will NEVER fly with the NFL.It works in new york because they are in two different conferences where they only play each other once every four years so it works out just fine.But were talking about two teams that play not only in the same conference,but same division no less and you can forget realining the teams in different conferences.

Kronke has the upper hand,he has the deep pockets to make the move.spanos and davis do not.the other thing that people are forgetting that proves this is just leverage by spanos and davis is UCLA AND USC both have said the raiders are not welcome to play in ther stadium while waiting for a new stadium to be built,well Kronke is going to get there first so unlike davis,he WILL be able to use their facilitys while waiting for a new stadium in LA.lol.
Share 49ersWebzone