There are 161 users in the forums

Rams owner buys stadium sized lot in Los Angeles

Shop 49ers game tickets
A team in LA would be so badasz!

SF49ERS Vs. LARAMS

SFG Vs. LAD

SJ Vs. LAK

Dubs Vs. LAL

Battle of NorCal Vs. Socal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh please jesus, please allah, please buddha, please whatever &*%$#@! god there is...please make this happen. being from los angeles, i could actually make it to at least one game a year
[ Edited by dangerbird on Jan 31, 2014 at 11:07 AM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
They should move back along with the Raiders and split the cost
would be smart move for rams, LA is a bigger market, they would be celebrities.
I'd rather have the Raiders move to LA.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Ahhh, I guess it's time to take a bathroom break right in the middle of this newly acquired property in LA. That way during every Rams home game, I can point out to Rams fans where I celebrated their return.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
60 acres is not big enough for a new stadium and parking. It could be done with 60 but a little more would be optimal.

FWIW, Levi's Stadium is being built on roughly 40 acres...

Looking at the map of the surrounding area in Inglewood, looks like theres plenty of parking with the old GW Forum and Hollywood Park racetrack next door

Tasman Dr. & Centennial Blvd looked almost the same at one point...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 31, 2014 at 2:53 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
60 acres is not big enough for a new stadium and parking. It could be done with 60 but a little more would be optimal.

FWIW, Levi's Stadium is being built on roughly 40 acres...

Looking at the map of the surrounding area in Inglewood, looks like theres plenty of parking with the old GW Forum and Hollywood Park racetrack next door

Tasman Dr. & Centennial Blvd looked almost the same at one point...

The Forum has reopened. it's a premiere LA music arena now. NIN and The Eagles just had sold out shows there.
Originally posted by Niners99:
It was Al Davis. He used LA as a threat to get a new stadium in Oakland, and when they said no, he left in 1982. Then he came back when Oakland told him theyd renovate the Coliseum and charge them dirt cheap rent in 1995. I cant believe the dumb Raiders fans still loved him after he moved their team to LA over money.
what money???
Someone else did another mock-up using the exact same dimensions (ie no cropping or re-sizing) obtained from the locales in Google maps....turns out you could fit stadiums the size of BOTH the Rose Bowland LA Memorial onto those 60 acres...

He was even able to fit examples of modern-sized NFL stadiums into the plot...this year's Super Bowl stadium:

FedEx Field (largest capacity NFL stadium) would fit

HHeck, even something the size of Dallas' monstrosity would fit!

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:31 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
The Forum has reopened. it's a premiere LA music arena now. NIN and The Eagles just had sold out shows there.

You mean The Forum Presented by Chase
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
my excitement has dwindled. By the time this s**t is built, we'll suck again.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Someone else did another mock-up using the exact same dimensions (ie no cropping or re-sizing) obtained from the locales in Google maps....turns out you could fit stadiums the size of BOTH the Rose Bowland LA Memorial onto those 60 acres...

He was even able to fit examples of modern-sized NFL stadiums into the plot...this year's Super Bowl stadium:

FedEx Field (largest capacity NFL stadium) would fit

HHeck, even something the size of Dallas' monstrosity would fit!

I have been on those grounds many a time, nothing recent but it appears the same in the pictures. A half dozen Laker games and probably 100 trips to Hollywood Park over 25 years. The Forum holds what 17,000 or so? A sold out Forum will fill it's parking lot pretty much to capacity. After you drop the stadium on that 60 acres there isn't much more room for parking than the Forum has, and as I said earlier Inglewood has no mass transit, the few remote parking lots are small and used by LAX. All the neighboring land is marked for a residential development.
Originally posted by communist:
It was Al Davis. He used LA as a threat to get a new stadium in Oakland, and when they said no, he left in 1982. Then he came back when Oakland told him theyd renovate the Coliseum and charge them dirt cheap rent in 1995. I cant believe the dumb Raiders fans still loved him after he moved their team to LA over money.
what money???

Money to pay for a new stadium.
Originally posted by slip:
So if you live in LA and want to support a team, bad luck there is no team. Lol Strange that a major US city has no football team.

The Rams coming back would be the 2nd team too. They are building Farmers Field right now for either the next expansion team, or a team like the Jaguars.

LA is getting at least 1 team in the next few years. I heard that they could even support 3 NFL franchises pretty easily.

Im not sure LA is wildly excited about it though. I think they like getting all the prime matchups every week instead of the crappy local expansion team. Lot of transient people down there as well that already have a team.

LA is the most bandwagon area in sports that I know. If you give us 2 or 3 teams, it's going to be chaos. I personally hope it is a new team with no history.

I'm sure they can use most of that lot for parking, but I am not sure it will be enough. Without one of the train lines going through, it's gonna be a mess. The staple's center area would probably be a better choice. Or even the location in Commerce.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Feb 1, 2014 at 2:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone