LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Rams owner buys stadium sized lot in Los Angeles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by slip:
So if you live in LA and want to support a team, bad luck there is no team. Lol Strange that a major US city has no football team.

They had their chances, bunch of f**king fairweather fans.
that be awesome.. i am a niners fan and moved to LA last year.. so LA loves the niners.. i seen so many jerseys and so many fans out here.. a niner game a year out in LA would like a home game.. better than going to STL
So if you live in LA and want to support a team, bad luck there is no team. Lol Strange that a major US city has no football team.

The Rams coming back would be the 2nd team too. They are building Farmers Field right now for either the next expansion team, or a team like the Jaguars.

LA is getting at least 1 team in the next few years. I heard that they could even support 3 NFL franchises pretty easily.

Im not sure LA is wildly excited about it though. I think they like getting all the prime matchups every week instead of the crappy local expansion team. Lot of transient people down there as well that already have a team.
The league has been wanting to make a franchise happen in LA for some time now. I figured it would be either the Lambs or Raiders down in SoCal in the near future. I wonder if LA will support their NFL team this time around? God they are so fair weather, not a football or sports town at all lol. Could be interesting for us and the rest of the NFC West doe.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:47 PM ]
  • slip
  • Veteran
Let me get this right. Raiders are originally from Oakland, but moved to LA (1984 Olympic Stadium) and then moved back to Oakland. Was the air too polluted in LA. Lol
LA is where the rams belong..
Can u believe there was a time not long ago that there was talk of the niners making the move.. God that would have sucked bawls
LA is a terrible NFL town. Far too transient of a population for a sport that above all else breeds loyalty.

Plus, as far as teams go, its a Lakers town all the way. Lakers >>>>>> Dodgers >>> USC football >> Angels >> UCLA football >> Kings > UCLA basketball/Clippers/Ducks is about the order of things. An NFL team would be above the Angels at best.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:06 AM ]
Let me get this right. Raiders are originally from Oakland, but moved to LA (1984 Olympic Stadium) and then moved back to Oakland. Was the air too polluted in LA. Lol

It was Al Davis. He used LA as a threat to get a new stadium in Oakland, and when they said no, he left in 1982. Then he came back when Oakland told him theyd renovate the Coliseum and charge them dirt cheap rent in 1995. I cant believe the dumb Raiders fans still loved him after he moved their team to LA over money.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 31, 2014 at 3:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

It was Al Davis. He used LA as a threat to get a new stadium in Oakland, and when they said no, he left in 1982. Then he came back when Oakland told him theyd renovate the Coliseum and charge them dirt cheap rent in 1995. I cant believe the dumb Raiders fans still loved him after he moved their team to LA over money.
What's the difference between this and what the niners did. We couldn't get the deal we wanted in sf, so we moved to sc and got a better stadium.

The Rams coming back would be the 2nd team too. They are building Farmers Field right now for either the next expansion team, or a team like the Jaguars.

LA is getting at least 1 team in the next few years. I heard that they could even support 3 NFL franchises pretty easily.

Im not sure LA is wildly excited about it though. I think they like getting all the prime matchups every week instead of the crappy local expansion team. Lot of transient people down there as well that already have a team.

Farmer's Field is still a pipe dream, as is the City of Industry stadium. Neither is more than a proposal at this time.

• BobS
  • Veteran
That site is probably too small for a stadium, there isn't a decent mass transit system in Inglewood, so you would need a huge parking lot. Also I doubt the city would allow it anyways since a new residential area is going in next door when they tear down Hollywood Park race track. I have been hearing about bringing a team to the LA area ever since the Rams moved out 20 years ago.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
What's the difference between this and what the niners did. We couldn't get the deal we wanted in sf, so we moved to sc and got a better stadium.

Santa Clara 49'ers it is then.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

I've been waiting for this ever since they moved. Niner game in LA every year.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

The 49ers didnt leave their market. They actually moved CLOSER to the majority of the fanbase.

Also, thats a pretty one sided, unfair view of the situation. The 49ers bent over backwards trying to give SF the chances to make something work, but the city was too stubborn, cheap, and cocky about it. SF has nobody to blame but themselves.
60 acres is not big enough for a new stadium and parking. It could be done with 60 but a little more would be optimal.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone