LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Can I obtain some NFL knowledge

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • slip
  • Veteran
Cause I don't live in the States (land of the free and the home of the brave), I was wanting information on the following:

Since 1967

49ers biggest rival
NFL's most hated team
NFL's biggest chokers - Could that be the Bills?
NFL's most competitive team
NFL's best QB - Montana or Bradshaw?
1. Dallas.
2. Patriots (I've seen surveys showing this to be true, but it's hard to generalize).
3. Bills and Bengals are both good choices.
4. Too hard to generalize. Packers and Steelers seem to be relevant more years than not.
5. ...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol @ Bradshaw
  • slip
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Lol @ Bradshaw

4 titles each. What breaks the tie? Montana landed more girls!
Originally posted by slip:
Lol @ Bradshaw

This is not even up for discussion. Steelers fans would agree.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Lol @ Bradshaw

I guess if you look at it that way and don't know football I can see how you came to that conclusion.

If its between Montana and Bradshaw its Montana by a loooooooooooooong shot. I dont think many consider Bradshaw to be a top 5 QB of all time. From what I understand Bradshaw wasn't really a great QB but played on awesome teams and didn't f**k it up.
  • slip
  • Veteran
Lol @ Bradshaw

I guess if you look at it that way and don't know football I can see how you came to that conclusion.

If its between Montana and Bradshaw its Montana by a loooooooooooooong shot. I dont think many consider Bradshaw to be a top 5 QB of all time. From what I understand Bradshaw wasn't really a great QB but played on awesome teams and didn't f**k it up.

Thanks for the info. It's obvious Montana is a legend, but I noticed Bradshaw won 4 titles as well.
vikings or bills for biggest chokers. both have 4 sb appearances with teams that had HOF players and neither team won 1 of them.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:
vikings or bills for biggest chokers. both have 4 sb appearances with teams that had HOF players and neither team won 1 of them.

Eagles of the early to mid 2000s get honorable mention. Donovan McChoke.

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Eagles of the early to mid 2000s get honorable mention. Donovan McChoke.

yeah i left them off because of only 1 super bowl appearance. in reality they could be even bigger chokers for not getting there more often.

Cause I don't live in the States (land of the free and the home of the brave), I was wanting information on the following:

Since 1967

49ers biggest rival
NFL's most hated team

Biggest long term rival has to be the Cowboys. At least if youre talking about long lasting. I would say the 49ers have above average rivalries with the Cowboys, Rams, Packers, Raiders, Giants, Cardinals, and Seahawks.

The NFL's most hated team the last decade+ has to be the Patriots. Raiders and Cowboys are also not very well liked.

The biggest chokers were the Donovan McNabb Eagles. The Bills lost 4 straight Super Bowls, but they ran into a buzzsaw Dallas team for 2 of them. Winning the AFC 4 straight years is still pretty impressive.

The most competitive team, and im assuming you mean "perennial contenders", would be the Steelers or Packers. Both teams are extremely well run, and havent really ever had much down time.

NFL's best QB is Joe Montana, and its not even close. I wouldnt even put Terry Bradshaw in the top 10. He has the rings, but his 'Steel Curtain' D won him those. He was an above average QB, but is WAY overrated because of the rings.

Since 1967

49ers biggest rival
NFL's most hated team

biggest 9ers rival all time....... Dallas > Rams > Giants. seattle is a new rival but right now the biggest right now.

NFL's most hated team....... whoever's won the most over the last couple of years..... NFL fans are jealous like that.

NFL's biggest chokers....... Bills, lost 4 SB's in a row, Vikings, Lost 4 Superbowls, Elway pre-Terrell Davis.... Donovan McNabb....... for the sake of argument.... 9ers are 6-10ish in the NFCCG..... just saying for sake of argument........... Madden would disagree but Favre threw all kinds of INT's in the playoffs. his SB victory was pretty early in his career.

most competitive team..... tough to answer without context. i think the pats have the best record over the last 20 years, niners over the last 3, steelers have the most superbowls...... and dallas spends an a*s load of money every off-season.

i don't need to answer Montana vs Bradshaw...... you just need to listen to bradshaw speak on fox sunday mornings to know that answer. don't need to go into the numbers.
double post
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM ]
  • slip
  • Veteran
Thanks Niners99 and 49erfeeeeever808.

I still can't get over the Bills losing 4 super bowls in a row. Lol That's amazing not to win one of them.
Here's some knowledge. Gerald McCoy of TB compares himself and Lavonte David to Warren Sapp/Derrick Brooks duo. Yeah okay, whatever dude. Try getting into the playoffs first.
Share 49ersWebzone