There are 141 users in the forums

What if Peyton Manning had signed with the Niners?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If he had signed here we would have a defense like DEN or worse and we would not have made the Super Bowl because he costs too dang much. Rodgers couldn't beat us so do we think Peyton would have won in SEA when he couldn't win in Met Life? Heck no! The future is here and it is Russ Kap Cam Luck and RG3?? Just don't pay em $20million annually and expect them to carry a team
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
If he had signed here we would have a defense like DEN or worse and we would not have made the Super Bowl because he costs too dang much. Rodgers couldn't beat us so do we think Peyton would have won in SEA when he couldn't win in Met Life? Heck no! The future is here and it is Russ Kap Cam Luck and RG3?? Just don't pay em $20million annually and expect them to carry a team

As much as I respect Peyton, I'm glad we didn't surrender a good chunk of our cap to an un clutch 37 y.o QB who is one of the last of a dying breed of QBs (pure pocket passer, non existent mobility). Our defense would be significantly weaker, we'd probably be a soft, finesse team like the Broncos and those teams don't match up well with our NFC West opponents. Kap, Wilson, Cam, RG3, and Luck are here and here to stay. The dual threat QB is the future.
This SB should serve notice on the idea of overpaying the QB position.
Greg Roman would beat the s**t out of Peyton for calling a million audibles
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We lose by 40 in the NFCCG instead of 6. Peyton becomes remedial in big games. Kap is a baller. f**k the haters.

The 49ers were on course to lose the SB by a big margin if not for the blackout.
Originally posted by fastforward:
We lose by 40 in the NFCCG instead of 6. Peyton becomes remedial in big games. Kap is a baller. f**k the haters.

The 49ers were on course to lose the SB by a big margin if not for the blackout.

We don't know if that helped us or not. That old baltimore team may have needed that to survive our fury at the end. We were getting blown out 17-0 in ATL if i recall and came back with no blackout.

You have no way of knowing what would have happened if there was no blackout, so it's weak point.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We don't know if that helped us or not. That old baltimore team may have needed that to survive our fury at the end. We were getting blown out 17-0 in ATL if i recall and came back with no blackout.

Yeah, the light fixtures didn't seem to allow us back into the previous game.
Well, there goes the idea that the 49ers would have won the last two super bowls with Manning. Fantastic regular season QB like Marino and Favre but wow do all three of those guys vanish in big post season games...
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

... we had the ball, came back on 3rd down, failed to convert and had to punt. I'm not sure at all how that constitutes any of that nonsense you posted.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Greg Roman would beat the s**t out of Peyton for calling a million audibles

Wonder if Roman would still have a job...I imagine those two would be like oil and water. One has a giant brain; the other just has a giant head.
We would be hearing San Jose instead of Omaha.
Let's not act like Seattle hasn't done that to us twice over the past 2 years. If you're playing Seattle from behind it's over with. Denver had a horrible start and from there it just kept getting deeper because a #1 defense will always beat a one dimensional number one offense.

Manning was always a square peg going into a round here though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
we're better with Kap
Originally posted by boast:
we're better with Kap

Against Peyton, they can rush the passer without worrying about contain and don't need to spy him. That plays right into the Legion of Boom.
Share 49ersWebzone