There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What if Peyton Manning had signed with the Niners?

sweet username
He doesnt throw 2 picks in the 4th Qtr of the NFCCG.
Back in the offseason before the 2012 season, I actually didn't want us to get Peyton Manning. I didn't think our pass protection was good enough. A pocket passer with really bad pass protection is a recipe for disaster. However, our pass protection seemed to have improved in 2012 and 2013 and Peyton Manning probably improves the pass protection himself with all his checks and audibles and getting the ball out in a hurry.

A quarterback that good on a team this good, I don't know how we couldn't have won the Superbowl last year and this year. Even though Manning isn't that good in the postseason, I think combined with our smart offensive philosophy of protecting the ball, we would have been pretty damn dominant. Shoulda, woulda, coulda though
If we had peyton manning we would be 15-1 this season and favored to win the super bowl. Last year we would have won. Don't know how the salaries would work.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If we had peyton manning we would be 15-1 this season and favored to win the super bowl. Last year we would have won. Don't know how the salaries would work.

How the salaries work is we likely wouldnt have gotten nearly as far since we wouldnt have been able to pay anyone we have re-uped or signed of the street in that time. Guys like Bowman, Willis, Staley, Bolden, may not be here and we would definitley be losing all of Crabs, Big Mike, Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin etc over the next two years rather than at least being able to pic and choose dependent on Kaps deal.
Originally posted by eonblue:
He doesnt throw 2 picks in the 4th Qtr of the NFCCG.

He threw a game ending pick 6 in the Super Bowl vs Saints
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I don't play, "let's Pretend."
I think they would have won the bowl last year, and possibly going for back to back titles this year. I don't think it was his salary that led him to Denver it was the fact that Harbaugh and company weren't gonna let Manning take over the offense play calling and offensive philopshy. I don't think John fox had an issue with that being he's a defensive minded coach. They knew how much they were going to have to pay him. Plus CK would be learning from Peyton. Some guys might not be on the team now but that's an issue every year in teh league. The core guys would have remained. Might not have got the extensions they got but they would have been on this years and last years squad.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
You have to consider his 20 million a year for 5 years. We would have lost Brooks and other free agents over these past 2 years and for the next 3 years. Not sure if it would have got us a trophy or not. Manning's playoff history hasn't been that great. If you look at these teams paying their QB's 20+ million most of them have holes all over because they can't afford to keep their free agents because of there high salaries. It's up to that QB to make bad and average players look good and for the defense to just do enough to win. They might give up 25-30 points a game and still win.
Correct, you have to ask yourself what $20 million dollars worth of players do you want to dump to have Manning?
his salary would have weakened the team in other areas. who knows where we would have finished. i'd rather have accomplished what we did the past 2 years knowing who our qb is for the next 5 years at least.
If Manning had signed with us, I gotta say it, the 49ers would be about to REPEAT as champs and about to 3 peat next year.
well then it wouldnt be #questforsix, it would have been #questfor7
Lame.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
well then it wouldnt be #questforsix, it would have been #questfor7

quest for retirement