LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Ben Roethlisberger Trade Market Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:
Ben's too much of statue to survive the NFCW. playing for the Cards would take years off his career.

he is much less of a statue than carson palmer is and he made it through the year and did alright.
Who's more cement-footed, Palmer or Big Ben...I think it's pretty close, so why would you sign another one. Carson showed very well at times...threw some picks, but also made a lot of plays. I think he gives 'Zona a better chance to win than Big Ben would.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
f**k it, bring Benny Boy to the NFCW. It doesnt matter because this division has 4 playoff teams anyway. Lets just go ahead and make it a league of its own. I do believe he'd make the Cards much better than Palmer does. He may be big, but he's tough to bring down, knows how to improvise and is a two time SB winning QB who would be on a playoff team. He's a tad old and I think injury would be a big concern and he doesn't scare me as far as the Niners are concerned.

I'm all for the division being as tough as possible because that means, come playoff time, we'll beat anybody who isn't in our division and have a good shot against anybody who is. It's foolish to hope the divison gets worse because its just not gonna happen, so it might as well get better so that we HAVE to get better with it. Just like Seattle, who was mediocre until after 2011 when we surprise made the playoffs, then they stepped their game up and are a Juggernaut now. It just sucks because at best only 3 teams can get in. If next year is like this year, the NFCW should have 2 WC teams anyway. Should be 3 if it weren't for teams with weak records like the Packers getting in.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Who's more cement-footed, Palmer or Big Ben...I think it's pretty close, so why would you sign another one. Carson showed very well at times...threw some picks, but also made a lot of plays. I think he gives 'Zona a better chance to win than Big Ben would.

it's a big "IF" nowdays, but if he's healthy, roethlisberger is a lot more nimble than people give him credit for.

but for the money ben's probably gonna ask, the cards are better off imo spending the money beefing up their OL, and looking towards the draft at QB.
Okay..if no one else is going to do it....

Sign him Nowwwwwww
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

it's a big "IF" nowdays, but if he's healthy, roethlisberger is a lot more nimble than people give him credit for.

but for the money ben's probably gonna ask, the cards are better off imo spending the money beefing up their OL, and looking towards the draft at QB.

This. I think Big Ben is much better than Palmer, but Palmer is a lot cheaper and with adequate weapons can lead the team to the playoffs. It's much wiser to continue building around him than to spend 18 million plus on a QB.
Carson Palmer 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone