LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

potential bad news for ravens fans

Shop 49ers game tickets
they have narrowed their choice for o-coordinator to replace jim caldwell and one of the guys is jim hosteler
rip ravens offense
LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

LMAO
The brillilant Jim Hostler, he´s unique run up the middle for 0 yards run up the middle for -4 yards, incomplete pass on 3&long offence.
Jimmy Raye not available?
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
The brillilant Jim Hostler, he´s unique run up the middle for 0 yards run up the middle for -4 yards, incomplete pass on 3&long offence.

Sounds similar to the Greg Roman offense.
Apparently offense is not the Harbaugh's forte.
Originally posted by hofer36:
they have narrowed their choice for o-coordinator to replace jim caldwell and one of the guys is jim hosteler

They won't be relevant for a while.
Originally posted by English:
Jimmy Raye not available?

My first thought, too

they will still win 8 games atleast with harbs at the helm.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
rip ravens offense

That already happened when they extended Flacco for $20 million per year.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
In defense to Hostler, the 2007 season was the year that Alex Smith suffered his significant shoulder injury, along with Nolan questioning Smith's dedication to the game. Trent Dilfer started, and he also suffered an injury that shelved him for the season. Shaun Hill stepped up, performed well, but also got dinged up. Chris Weinke closed out as our starter for that season.

In addition, our starting receivers were Arnaz Battle and Darrell Jackson. Pool in Ashlee Lelie, Taylor Jacobs, and Bryan Gilmore. And while Nolan tried to revive the offense by bringing in Ted Tollner as a consultant, it was McCloughan and Nolan's fault for field such a crappy WR corps.

Even Jim Harbaugh wouldn't have brought that team to the playoffs under those conditions and talent.

And since his post with the 49ers, Hostler has done some pretty good work with the Ravens. You can credit him with Torrey Smith, and the emergence of Doss and Brown as contributors.

I'm not saying he's the best candidate. In fact, I think Scott Linehan is the most qualified coach out there right now. But it's not fair to judge a coach off of one season in those conditions.
Originally posted by GEEK:
In defense to Hostler, the 2007 season was the year that Alex Smith suffered his significant shoulder injury, along with Nolan questioning Smith's dedication to the game. Trent Dilfer started, and he also suffered an injury that shelved him for the season. Shaun Hill stepped up, performed well, but also got dinged up. Chris Weinke closed out as our starter for that season.

In addition, our starting receivers were Arnaz Battle and Darrell Jackson. Pool in Ashlee Lelie, Taylor Jacobs, and Bryan Gilmore. And while Nolan tried to revive the offense by bringing in Ted Tollner as a consultant, it was McCloughan and Nolan's fault for field such a crappy WR corps.

Even Jim Harbaugh wouldn't have brought that team to the playoffs under those conditions and talent.

And since his post with the 49ers, Hostler has done some pretty good work with the Ravens. You can credit him with Torrey Smith, and the emergence of Doss and Brown as contributors.

I'm not saying he's the best candidate. In fact, I think Scott Linehan is the most qualified coach out there right now. But it's not fair to judge a coach off of one season in those conditions.

ok jim hosteler. sorry for doubting you
Originally posted by GEEK:

I'm sorry, but it cannot be understated how bad Hostler was.

(does internet search)

HOLY CRAP. My "Jim Hostler sucks" piece still lives online!!!
Share 49ersWebzone