LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Is Seattle more physical than us.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I thought that Seattle became the more physical team in the second half, when trailing 10-3. In Fact it was the most physical display of football, on both offense, defense and special teams that i can ever remember watching in an NFL playoff game, and I have seen every NFL playoff game since 1969. The 49ers did wilt from that physical display, there was no doubt about it. That we still had a chance to win on the final drive was a great testimony to the Niner team, especially the defense, which played its heart out.

Damn couldnt said it better my self. It brings tears to my eyes , how Bowman gave eeverything he had out there and yet the 49ers failed there mission.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
I thought that Seattle became the more physical team in the second half, when trailing 10-3. In Fact it was the most physical display of football, on both offense, defense and special teams that i can ever remember watching in an NFL playoff game, and I have seen every NFL playoff game since 1969. The 49ers did wilt from that physical display, there was no doubt about it. That we still had a chance to win on the final drive was a great testimony to the Niner team, especially the defense, which played its heart out.

Damn couldnt said it better my self. It brings tears to my eyes , how Bowman gave eeverything he had out there and yet the 49ers failed there mission.

They really did. It's a shame the two TDs they gave up were of the fluke variety. We haven't seen either play happen all year. Just very weird.
Seattle seems to be the tougher team at times and I'm not sure why. Nobody is tougher than our LBs and Gore...but bad things seem to pile up against them. Even Bowman's injury...which was actually caused by another 9er player forcing the ball carrier over Bowman. Just sad and horrifying, and that type of play seems to happen against them. They also seem to be playing at a faster pace...but almost every team plays faster than the niners offense.
IMO the Seahawks do a better job of putting their playmakers in position to make big plays and don't worry about making mistakes. They keep trying to hit big chunk plays.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
IMO the Seahawks do a better job of putting their playmakers in position to make big plays and don't worry about making mistakes. They keep trying to hit big chunk plays.

The only thing they put in there players is a banned substances..
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We're going to have to agree to disagree. A good chunk of Lynch's yards come after initial contact. He was among the league leaders in that category. Against us last Sunday, 83 of his 109 yards came after contact. That's not the O-line, that's the RB.

A few stats from Pro Football Focus:

- 2.5 yards after contact per attempt (7th in NFL)
- 75 missed/broken tackles (1st in the NFL. Next closest was Adrian Peterson, he had 58)
- Ranked #2 in elusive rating. The measure of how hard a RB is to bring down, independent of the blocking in front of him.
- Seattle's O-line ranked 23rd in run blocking. PFF watches every player, on every play. So this is pretty accurate.

Again, great players make great plays. Our run defense is one of the best. We faltered on his long TD run. It happens. Doesn't mean we have a problem. It means a great player made a great play.

Just to get back to the size issue, I think there is a legitimate improvement we can make to get a bigger, quality dlineman into the mix. Seattle's "most disruptive" players on the dline were light ....but disruptive against the pass. Against the run their big boys do the heavy lifting -- Mebane Clemens Bryant Bennet. This kind of size and athleticism makes it easier for lbs to penetrate. Frank had 14 yards on 11 carries. Given our d personnell, strategy, I don't see us doing the same against Seattle in the near future.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
If you call holding, offensive, and defensive physical, then yes. If you consider PI physical, then of course. If you think late hits, and chippiness around the pile is physical, then yes. I will give them this, their defense seems to play faster, and is more sudden in it's action, we could improve here. I suppose if the NFL is no longer calling PI, and defensive holding we should jump on that physical bandwagon.

If anyone gets a chance re-watch the nfccg and look for how their linemen on both sides of the ball start rolling around looking to injure once they are pushed to the ground. I saw it several times and had pointed it out to my daughter during the game. They look to see where the highest concentration of Niners are and then start rolling around on the ground in that direction, looking to cause injury obviously imo.

Dirty cheap cheating team. I effing hate every player on that team and would rather spit on one of their fans than share the same air with them, much less speak to them.
Nah

It's the roids and PEDs that makes them bigger than us.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Just to get back to the size issue, I think there is a legitimate improvement we can make to get a bigger, quality dlineman into the mix. Seattle's "most disruptive" players on the dline were light ....but disruptive against the pass. Against the run their big boys do the heavy lifting -- Mebane Clemens Bryant Bennet. This kind of size and athleticism makes it easier for lbs to penetrate. Frank had 14 yards on 11 carries. Given our d personnell, strategy, I don't see us doing the same against Seattle in the near future.

Frank is the wrong type of back to attack Seattle D with. He's slow and methodical and patient, you need a quick hitting fast guy against Seattle.

I would say the same thing. They turned it up a notch in the second half. But to the Niners credit, they only do that in Seattle.

Take them out of the comfort of their home and they do not play like that.

In Seattle, they're more ___ than pretty much all their opponents. Put any word in the blank you want since it is usually the case. Had they manhandled and roughed up the Niners at the Stick in the times this group has played in 2 years, I'd be more inclined to say so but no they're not overall more physical.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 26, 2014 at 9:06 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
If anyone gets a chance re-watch the nfccg and look for how their linemen on both sides of the ball start rolling around looking to injure once they are pushed to the ground. I saw it several times and had pointed it out to my daughter during the game. They look to see where the highest concentration of Niners are and then start rolling around on the ground in that direction, looking to cause injury obviously imo.

Dirty cheap cheating team. I effing hate every player on that team and would rather spit on one of their fans than share the same air with them, much less speak to them.

Dont hold back man, tell us how you really feel about them????

I would tend to agree, we can go a 5 game stretch without seeing one guy go down, but when we go to SEA, half the damn team winds up on IR, that cant be a coincidence.
Yes they are.

We always seem to have injured players every time we play them.

During JH's first season it seemed like every team we played sustained injuries.
Frank is the wrong type of back to attack Seattle D with. He's slow and methodical and patient, you need a quick hitting fast guy against Seattle.

Well, sure, but you could also call quick hitting plays for Frank. It's a change of pace, even though the talent mix isn't optimal. But of course we never call any plays that don't optimize the talent. Even if they might work anyway.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Well, sure, but you could also call quick hitting plays for Frank. It's a change of pace, even though the talent mix isn't optimal. But of course we never call any plays that don't optimize the talent. Even if they might work anyway.

Frank is not a quick better, and can not stretch the LOS by attacking the edges, Frank is a one trick pony, but it is a hell of a trick!

Seattle looks to be faster than us, thats about it.
Share 49ersWebzone